Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebond manual

• 26-04-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,761 ✭✭✭✭

The much awaited 7h edition will be available at the end of May. Just got the following email from them.
    Dear Sir / Madam

The 7th Edition of the House Building Manual will be in stock in our office and Eason’s by the end of May 2012.

This edition has been updated to reflect recent revisions to regulations, guidance and standards including changes to Technical Guidance Document L – Conversation of Fuel and Energy. The 7th edition Manual has more than 550 pages, over 1000 drawings and charts, and 204 colour photographs that detail the construction of a house including :

Site investigations
    Ground and Foundations
    Ground Floor Slab
    DPC and DPM
    First floor and stairs
    Roof construction
    Second fix work
    Radon
    Ventilation and Condensation
    Efflorescence
    Timber Frame Construction
    Sound Insulation
    Drainage
    Fire
    Thermal Insulation
    Access for People with Disabilities

The price of the new manual is €80.00 plus €10.00 postage and packaging.

When ordering cheques or postal orders should be made payable to

HomeBond

Construction House

Canal Road

Dublin 6

Yours faithfully

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Coga

muffler wrote: »
    The much awaited 7h edition will be available at the end of May. Just got the following email from them.

That's brilliant to hear, have been contacting Home Bond for quite some time about the new edition! Thanks for the information Muffler. Exciting reading ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

thats interesting - speaking to the DOE the other day - they say the new ACDs will be out in june - so I know figure how they will achieve this !

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

Thanks muffler, can you buy these manuals in shops?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

They used to sell them in Easons.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,761 ✭✭✭✭muffler

jakko86 wrote: »
    Thanks muffler, can you buy these manuals in shops?
    Yes as stated by DOCARCH you will be able to buy a copy in Easons which was also confirmed in the email I received from them
    The 7th Edition of the House Building Manual will be in stock in our office and Eason’s by the end of May 2012.

I have no idea if it has been published yet or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Coga

I bought the 7th Edition last week in Easons

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

sorry i need to open the eyes!!

Advertisement