Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rock & Metal Mod

• 03-03-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

For various reasons I'm not as active on here as the forum probably deserves so I put out a call for another pair of hands. The requirements were a bit strict. Must have snazzy glasses, natty facial hair, a clean t-shirt and at least some knowledge of Metallica (to put manners on the regulars in the superthread).

Unfortunately James Hetfield demanded a hefty salary and is a bit busy with his band so we will have to make do with the other guy :).

P6140160.JPG

So please put your hands together and welcome lord lucan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

nice one!

Best of luck Lord lucan, guess thats metallica bashing consigned to history or prison now eh?:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

nice one!

Best of luck Lord lucan, guess thats metallica bashing consigned to history or prison now eh?:pac::pac:

Any mention of Lulu will be met with this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjSqLyaD8W81VD8yjkLRg6CC22Y22opym2l5Em8ZfYGambF3mlHF3yZ9aqUQ

:pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Congrats Lord Lucan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

nice one!

bedtime, for the mockrisy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well done lad.

Now lets start some trouble in here so he can break his banhammer virginity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Congrats Lord Lucan, I've no doubt you'll do a stand up job.

Thanks for the service Malice. You did a great job in taking over and keeping the Rock and Metal forum as a welcoming place on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Thanks for the service Malice. You did a great job in taking over and keeping the Rock and Metal forum as a welcoming place on Boards.
    Thanks for the kind words but you're not getting rid of me just yet, I'll still be around.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Congrats! Good choice Malice/other mods who were involved.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yup. Congrats Lord Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Malice wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words but you're not getting rid of me just yet, I'll still be around.
    I am disappointed by this.. :P

Good stuff! Great poster, and I can only imagine an equally excellent mod, fair play Lord Lucan, looking forward seeing you crush some R&M trolls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

congrats ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thankfully Rock and Metal is generally well behaved, so we won't end up pushing you too far :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

For various reasons I'm not as active on here as the forum probably deserves so I put out a call for another pair of hands. The requirements were a bit strict. Must have snazzy glasses, natty facial hair, a clean t-shirt and at least some knowledge of Metallica (to put manners on the regulars in the superthread).

Unfortunately James Hetfield demanded a hefty salary and is a bit busy with his band so we will have to make do with the other guy :).

P6140160.JPG

So please put your hands together and welcome lord lucan.

I remember when you originally posted this photo. JAMMY MOTHER****ER. :D

Denny M wrote: »
    Thankfully Rock and Metal is generally well behaved, so we won't end up pushing you too far :P

The single most important reason i come back to R&M is the atmosphere here. Good banter and most know the boundaries and are well behaved. It's rare it spills over into an AH-style cluster****,the gn'r gig at the Point being a notable exception but then again it was an exceptional event.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

lord lucan wrote: »
    The single most important reason i come back to R&M is the atmosphere here. Good banter and most know the boundaries and are well behaved. It's rare it spills over into an AH-style cluster****,the gn'r gig at the Point being a notable exception but then again it was an unexceptional event.

LOL:D

So LL, are you going to organise an R&M Beers to celebrate your appointment?
    Now that you have "the POWAAAAH" :D

Max Power1 wrote: »
    So LL, are you going to organise an R&M Beers to celebrate your appointment?
    Now that you have "the POWAAAAH" :D

I'm not sure we could ever top the R&M Beers of 2010!:P

Wish I'd gone to that, only boards meetup I've been at is for Pokemon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Of course we could. Not having it in Dublin would automatically make it better ;).

• Advertisement

Of course we could. Not having it in Dublin would automatically make it better ;).
    But....but....where else is there? :-)

I'd say we could have some fun in Homs for a start :).

I'd say we could have some fun in Homs for a start :).[/Quote.]. Touch lively these days, you still have a band? Galway would be good for a change if you headline my gang of old fogies will support ye with some classics! Lord James of Lucan could mc and maybe dj ( after we remove "that" Metallica album from him just in case

There'd have to be a Burger King for Max Power. Don't think Supermacs would cut it!

I know of a BK in Galway :pac:

First and to date only boards beers ive ever gone to

(unless you count the debacle of dec 2010)

There'd have to be a Burger King for Max Power. Don't think Supermacs would cut it!

Not picky... supermacs do a nice dinner box ROFL

Max Power1 wrote: »
    (unless you count the debacle of dec 2010)

What was that about?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

4 of us showed up :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

G'luck the good Lord :)

Advertisement