Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

improvisation sling hooks .

• 22-02-2012 8:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

hi all ..
    as you know i have been looking for a sling hook for a magpul stock without any luck so i came up with this . they are just picture frame hooks that i had lying around just undone the retaining pin nut put it through the hole and screw it back in place . you can get them in any hardware store just thought i,d share it with you,s . does the job . the hole in the stock is were the sling hook should be . works on left or right side of any aeg :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Nice Idea - good solution!

Two things though; that hole just at the stock, is that not for quick-detach sling lugs? They're not expensive - about €15 for 2 if I remember correctly. And secondly, although I love your solution...I reckon that it will loosen your body pin, as it will act as a lever so your rifle may plummet one of the days :(

I love to see innovation amongst skirmishers...always makes me smile. Except when Thermo butchers a perfectly nice KWC 24/7...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭toshiba2010

yes it is a quick release lug hole . but i cant get any . and the picture hook is going nowhere as is tight . been dropping down at my side to see if there any play and it,s fine . .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

yes it is a quick release lug hole . but i cant get any . and the picture hook is going nowhere as is tight . been dropping down at my side to see if there any play and it,s fine . .

hobby have the quick release sling rings in stock, G&P 2 for €15, got a pack last friday.

@ kev, you are just jealous i would not make you one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭toshiba2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

ONe true solution I use for everything is 550 paracord my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭johnmc_carthy

Got a short bungee cord that has carabiners attached on watch end, clips on to me chest rig, another carabiner on my m4, waay more comfortable than my €15 sling!

Advertisement