Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

yea, but at least they couldnt realy get any worse and from that perspective things seem to be looking up latley :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

yea, but at least they couldnt realy get any worse and from that perspective things seem to be looking up latley :)

Life does go through totally ****e stages hun. You just learn to roll with punches. And its true, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. Also the crap bits make the good bits all the sweeter. :D

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Aww Hun! Hugs, ((())). That was a crappy year.

Will add mine since Jan 07:

Currently looking for childcare no 5 since Jan 07.
    Baby boy hospitalised 3 times since Jan 07 still on medication.
    Brother killed in car accident Jan 07
    I'm diagnosed with a mild form of epilepsy july 08
    Sister hospitalised with severe crohns attacks twice, Jan 08, Nov 08
    Dad hit by truck Nov 08, crushed ankle and 2 broken neck bones.
    Cousin killed in car accident Feb 09.
    Brother in law loses job, Jan 09
    Uncle diagnosed with leukaemia, Sept 07.
    Sister in law has miscarriage Sept 08
    Best friend has still birth July 08
    Dads best friend dies suddenly Nov 07

And thats just the highlights. :eek::D:eek:
    Just keep grinning, just keep grinning!

HOLY S**T!!! wow! hugs for you!!! totaly! i mean ive had other crap happen to me before what i listed but you win hands down! (not that its a compatition but you know what i mean).
    heh, when we were goin through some realy rough times my mam ust to quote dorry from finding nemo: 'just keep swimming, just keep swimming'. she loves her because even in the face of danger and not having a clue of where shes going to end up or how to get there she stays positive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

HOLY S**T!!! wow! hugs for you!!! totaly! i mean ive had other crap happen to me before what i listed but you win hands down! (not that its a compatition but you know what i mean).

heh, when we were goin through some realy rough times my mam ust to quote dorry from finding nemo: 'just keep swimming, just keep swimming'. she loves her because even in the face of danger and not having a clue of where shes going to end up or how to get there she stays positive. :)

No its definitely not a competition:D And hun, everythings relative. Your pain is as bad and as important as anyone elses. My dad just reckons God lost our family file behind the radiator! Hence the crap! :D I think theres a temp in the celestial filing office and they cant work the computer system. Result: We are the default setting for crap! :D:D

Your mam is on the money. Stop swimming and all you do is go under. And you know, there are so many great things in life even in the middle of s***te. The hardest thing I ever did was bury my bro but heck I'm still here. I still can laugh and have a good time. Doesn't mean losing him hurts any less but life does go on.
    :)

hahaha, i like that!

im quite a chilled out person generaly so most things dont realy get to me. i know this stuff just happens and im a strong believer in a karma type effect so im happy out. :) i just wanted to have a little rant about that crap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

last year in a one year period:

grannie died

gf broke up with me... by txt... for another guy

was made redundent

lost 4 months worth of work to a damaged harddrive

dropped out of collage

bestfriend moved away

dog had to be put down

granddad died

actualy, i lie, it was one day less then a year

/winey moan

Damn squirl, that is one bad year. Setbacks in your personal, educational and work life. I don't know what to say to you. I suppose these situations make or break you don't they?
    paperclip2 wrote: »
    Aww Hun! Hugs, ((())). That was a crappy year.

Will add mine since Jan 07:

Currently looking for childcare no 5 since Jan 07.
    Baby boy hospitalised 3 times since Jan 07 still on medication.
    Brother killed in car accident Jan 07
    I'm diagnosed with a mild form of epilepsy july 08
    Sister hospitalised with severe crohns attacks twice, Jan 08, Nov 08
    Dad hit by truck Nov 08, crushed ankle and 2 broken neck bones.
    Cousin killed in car accident Feb 09.
    Brother in law loses job, Jan 09
    Uncle diagnosed with leukaemia, Sept 07.
    Sister in law has miscarriage Sept 08
    Best friend has still birth July 08
    Dads best friend dies suddenly Nov 07

And thats just the highlights. :eek::D:eek:

Paperclip, I'm so sorry for all you've gone through. It's the kind of situation that makes me realise no matter how bad I have it, there's always someone worse off. And I was moaning to you about college! What an idiot I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    The state of the horror genre in movies. It sickens me! I mean when is the last time you saw a good film with Vampires eh? No offence to all you fans of the Underworld franchise but it is in all honesty a case of style over substance. In fairness though, I'd take that franchise anyday over films about teenage vampires with angst (cough*Twilight*cough). Oh and Dakota Fanning is in the sequel. Yes! And now we're being treated to Gavin & Stacey having their way with the genre. It's a sad sad state of affairs.

And when's the last time you saw a classic horror movie that you could call not just a great horror movie, but just a great movie in general. Back in the day we'd see acting greats such as Jack Nicholson in awesome films such as The Shining. Or Arnie in The Terminator. Now what do we get? A bunch a B movie films with a bunch of forgettable eye candy. I despair.

Rant over. Don't leave me hanging people.:pac:

Karl Kounter-Rant incoming! Nyargh! :pac:

First of all, anyone looking for decent Horror in a kiddie flick like Twilight needs their head examined. What did you expect? Secondly, don't look to Hollywood for Horror either, with few exceptions, you're not gonna find any good ones there. Look outside the mainstream, and there's a vast treasure trove of exceptional films.

My pokemans, let me show you them.

Want to see a good vampire film?

I'm expecting great things from this:

Also, here's a few that might be worth checking out:

Honestly, there's just so many great films if people just care to look around for them, and not expect it Hollywood.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Yep, giving someone a brief fright =/= making them scared
    Making someone feel disgusted =/= making them scared

So? Doesn't make a film a bad Horror. Honestly, a lot of horror films have served to disgust and revolt their target audience since the 60's, take a look at pretty much any zombie film, they're not exactly scary but many of them are downright disgusting. There's quite a few emotions that Horror films can evoke, and they're all a fairly valid interpretations of the genre. Take The Fly for example, absolutely disgusting experience that has me sick to my stomach every time I watch it. Scary? No. Absolutely brilliant horror film? Most certainly yes.

^

I've been told.:o I wasn't saying that I was looking for a good Vampire film from the likes of Twilight. I was just making a point about as you said your self the latent lack of choice from Hollywood. Nice one for all the recommendations, I'll be sure to check them out.

And on The Fly, that is the only film that has genuinely scared the **** out of me. Not so much the entire film but more so the last 20 minutes. It was absolutely horrible and great to watch.

If you want to see a big budget Hollywood Horror film, then Sam Raimi's latest looks to be a kicker.

Oh yeah, how could I forget one of the best horror films in recent years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Right here goes.................AAAAAAAAAAAAaaggGGGGgggggggghHHHHHHHhhhh

Beeen wanting to let out a scream all day :o

Tried so hard to get U2 tix but didn't manage it then had to spend half the day at dentist in bits with my mouth pumping blood. Then my OH goes straight on the beers after work even though he said he would come home and drink here with me til my swollen face goes down a bit and we could head into town together. Rage!!

Whew that feels betters!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I DETEST Dublin bus!

[rant] I mean the driver clearly saw me running for the bus but decided to pull out just as I get to the door. Grr.

The next thing or person to anger me today will most definitiely regret it. [/rant]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I DETEST Dublin bus!

[rant] I mean the driver clearly saw me running for the bus but decided to pull out just as I get to the door. Grr.

The next thing or person to anger me today will most definitiely regret it. [/rant]
    *backs away slowly*

The next thing or person to anger me today will most definitiely regret it.

Futurecrook, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish in the eyes of others.

Futurecrook, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish in the eyes of others.

i thank you karl. i shall reward you for protecting me in the afterlife.
    *salutes*

giddybootz wrote: »
    Right here goes.................AAAAAAAAAAAAaaggGGGGgggggggghHHHHHHHhhhh

Beeen wanting to let out a scream all day :o

Tried so hard to get U2 tix but didn't manage it then had to spend half the day at dentist in bits with my mouth pumping blood. Then my OH goes straight on the beers after work even though he said he would come home and drink here with me til my swollen face goes down a bit and we could head into town together. Rage!!

Whew that feels betters!!!

Nightmare!:eek: Is drinking a good idea though with a swollen face?:pac:

Karl, Nerin, I shall smite you both. :P

Past instances in which I professed to like you were fraudulent!

Past instances in which I professed to like you were fraudulent!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

i don't care....me and vodka are going to re-establish our relationship and this time im in charge!! Actually i don't care who is in charge!!!!!

Im in the worst grump of my life!!

PS i also HATE dublin bus....stoopid 19A in Walkinstown wrecks my buzz!

• Advertisement

*looks around*

ill kill anyone that laughs.

ahem. I like like you a lot lot.

*angry glares at everyone else*

giddybootz wrote: »
    i don't care....me and vodka are going to re-establish our relationship and this time im in charge!! Actually i don't care who is in charge!!!!!

Im in the worst grump of my life!!

PS i also HATE dublin bus....stoopid 19A in Walkinstown wrecks my buzz!

Trust me, it's inevitable that Vodka will be in charge. It gives people split-personalities.:p:pac:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well it means you can't feel the pain.

Rant for today: I'm STILL on painkillers. Took my first ones for a toothache 8 days ago, this can't be good for my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I DETEST Dublin bus!

I had that before

I had to get to a test but I was a little late so I ran for the bus , and he saw me and started to close the doors , I force my leg right in the middle so he could close it , he had a rant gave him money and got ticket , about 5 minutes later realized i got the wrong bus

I can only laugh about it now.

Damn it why won't I trust my instincts?:mad: As many of you know I'm a poor student (:pac:) so I do the Euromillions with Ladbrokes at the slight hope of making big cash with small stakes (2 euro).

So two weeks ago my instinct told me to pick my two usual numbers, 17 and 25, but I just had to add one more number out of greed! What happened? 17 and 25 came up!:(

I didn't do the Euromillions last week because I was demoralised after the bad luck of the previous week. So today my instinct told me to pick my other usual pair of numbers, 12 and 16. But AGAIN, greed took over and I added one more number! What happened? 12 and 16 came up!:( I mean come on!

God damn it just let me finish college so I can start making cash!:mad:

God damn it just let me finish college so I can start making cash!:mad:

At least you'll have a degree that will be worth something. I'll have amusic degree... I'm going to have to spend the rest of my life hoping I win the lotto. :P

Poor you though. That does suck. Typical Murhpy's Law. Oh, and sorry for reminding you about it.

At least you'll have a degree that will be worth something. I'll have amusic degree... I'm going to have to spend the rest of my life hoping I win the lotto. :P

Poor you though. That does suck. Typical Murhpy's Law. Oh, and sorry for reminding you about it.

Ha ha, no need to be sorry, I was glad that you reminded me. I just balked at what I saw, that's all.:p

And I wouldn't be so sure, I'm qualifying with a Social Science degree (an average one at that) so I doubt I'll be having organisations beating down my door.!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Rant for the day/week/month/year....

bleh
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

meh. had horrible nightmares that ive not had for a few years all last night in between the not-sleeping, then woke up to find the only physical memory thing i have of a dead mate was missing, then decided that my general unhappiness was due to my relationship, so attempted to break up with himself.

then went for a surf, and it was totally flat.

bit of a **** day, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

yeah well im gonna have a feckin business degree! that's REAAAAAAAAAALLY gonna helo me in this climate isnt it?! :rolleyes:

DIT: bringing you one step closer to the real world unemployment line!

Advertisement