Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys Shaving pubes?

• 30-01-2007 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Do guys shave downstairs?

Do guys shave their pubes? 88 votes

I do
    1% 1 vote
    I dont
    34% 30 votes
    I did
    43% 38 votes
    I want to do it once just to see what its like!
    21% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Never again!
    Did it once, hated it, was all sweaty and itchy all of the time... I feckin RAW >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

brum wrote:

No, I always do it in the upstairs bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 oldsmiley

I'm having a vasectomy next week.I have to shave my balls.How the f**k do i do this without doing the op on myself.any ideas

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No, but I do trim now and again ...
    azezil wrote:
    Never again!
    Did it once, hated it, was all sweaty and itchy all of the time... I feckin RAW >_<
    I know someone whose "mates" shaved him, partially anyway, when he passed out on his stag night ... he was scratching himself something wicked all through his wedding day, and was caught on video a couple of times. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

azezil wrote:
    Never again!
    Same. No fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

oldsmiley wrote:
    I'm having a vasectomy next week.I have to shave my balls.How the f**k do i do this without doing the op on myself.any ideas

cream_lg.gif

Veet creams remove your unwanted hair whilst respecting the delicate nature of your skin. They can be used on legs, underarms and the bikini area. Veet recently launched newly reformulated creams that are enriched with caring ingredients to nourish and moisturise your skin. They will leave your skin soft, silky, and smoother for longer. Whereas shaving cuts off the hair at the skin's surface, creams gently dissolve the hair leaving a soft tip under the surface meaning that regrowth is softer and stubble free. Removal is made easy with the "Perfect Touch" spatula which has a flexible soft-touch fin at each end to glide over the contours of the body ensuring that every single hair is gently removed.

Pack Contents

* 1 x Veet cream tube 100g
    * 1 "Perfect Touch" spatula

Working Time

5 Minutes

Before use, always read pack instructions carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Apparently some shams do it to make the C0CK look longer.
    Don't need to myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

brum wrote:
    No right minded man would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Thaedydal wrote:
    Veet creams remove your unwanted hair whilst respecting the delicate nature of your skin. They can be used on legs, underarms and the bikini area. Veet recently launched newly reformulated creams that are enriched with caring ingredients to nourish and moisturise your skin. They will leave your skin soft, silky, and smoother for longer. Whereas shaving cuts off the hair at the skin's surface, creams gently dissolve the hair leaving a soft tip under the surface meaning that regrowth is softer and stubble free. Removal is made easy with the "Perfect Touch" spatula which has a flexible soft-touch fin at each end to glide over the contours of the body ensuring that every single hair is gently removed.

Have had a few people tell me that they had allergic reactions to this stuff....any way to know if yer sack will be red raw before using this stuff?

I've shaved a few times, but I'm usually not even bothered to shave my face more than twice a week, so something that (unfortunately) doesn't get seen much is even less likely to be attended regularly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

brum wrote:

Yup cant beat the extra optical inch! :D
    oldsmiley wrote:

Pull the skin taut and be gentle with the Razor. Ideally the Philips body shave works a charm :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Itches badly if you go too far behind the sack. Doesn't sweat more, but if feels all sweaty cos there's no rug of pubes there. I don't do it often, but it's worth it for the extra feel, especially a lá dog, if you see what I mean;)
    Don't knock it till you've tried it:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Shaving? Pfft.
    You can't beat a well groomed sack. Use some styling mouse or go for an attractive side parting*. If you wear a cricket cup you can avoid that "flattened hair" look all too common with modern tight fitting underpants.

* For the ladies I would recommend sticking with the traditional centre parting. A side parting can lead to unnecessary confusion with a drunken partner. Although a horizontal parting can be a definite plus (+).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Heaps of trimmage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I've used the Philip's shaver for a few years now and fine it great. The Veet sounds like a good option, I take it boot's stock it? just curious are there and real men who use a cut throat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

oh yes, I'm fully shaved, wife loves it. and sometimes helps me shave and i love to return the favour. great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Have had a few people tell me that they had allergic reactions to this stuff....any way to know if yer sack will be red raw before using this stuff?

Yes, usually the instructions suggest you do a patch test 24 hours beforehand. Often they suggest you do it on the inside of your wrist as if you have a reaction there, you're likely to have one elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yes, usually the instructions suggest you do a patch test 24 hours beforehand. Often they suggest you do it on the inside of your wrist as if you have a reaction there, you're likely to have one elsewhere.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I use to the veet on my fella's and he and I both prefer down there to be hairless. And it can be fun to do it for him. I recommend that every bloke tries it. But not shaving, there is nothing worse that seeing your fella scratch himself constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

There is always waxing as an alternative, no screatchy regrowth or nasty smell. Longish lasting results too. Best get that done by a professional though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

cast_iron wrote:
    No right minded man would.

I trim and even shave the hairs off the bottom of the 'shaft'

I wouldn't have considered doing it until my g/f said something like

"Oh I love giving oral, but I hate getting a mouthful of pubes..."

Compelling argument, No? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No, I don't.
    Luckily they are shadowed in his presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I trim the main bulk of the hair down to 2mm with a trimmer, and I shave my 'shaft'. Basic hygene! Besides, my SO treats me by being bald, so it's only fair I reciprocate in some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

A good trim yes, but not shaving, tried it years ago once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

I trim it, nice and neat, missus and most women in my experience likes it neat for when going down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

gillo wrote:
    I've used the Philip's shaver for a few years now and fine it great. The Veet sounds like a good option, I take it boot's stock it? just curious are there and real men who use a cut throat?

They were real men until they tried it with a cut throat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Never tried it but would have no problem trying it if asked to...I'd probably use hair removal cream though!

If you are shaving, try to buy a good moisturiser (without tea tree oil or mint fragrance!) that ahs anti-itch (anti-pruritic) ingredients ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

empirix wrote:
    I trim it, nice and neat, missus and most women in my experience likes it neat for when going down

Sums it up pretty well

As for shaving it bare, definately not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Kojak style ftw!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,876 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Trimming is good. Shaving not good.

Advertisement