Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you smoking?

• 29-04-2012 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 33 Scarlett.

I didn't notice a thread for this so forgive me if there is one. I'm currently smoking Golden Virginia with green Rizla and Rizla ultra slim filters, was previously smoking Consulate. What are you smoking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Marlboro Lights (they'll never be Gold).
    Currently alternating my way through American and Dutch cartons.
    The Americans are a tad too light tasting whilst the Dutch only have 19 in a box,
    at least it beats paying the Paddy tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Nothing.

I was smoking Marlboro Lights, but with the Achill Half Marathon in July, and my GF constantly complaining, I've decided to come off them for the forseeable..

Man I'd love a smoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Amber leaf small pack and 10 rothmans a day have paid 55eurs for a box of 2 week patches so going to use them soon when ready to give up pure waste of hard earned cash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Box of Amber leaf. Excellent for the money conscious. 4.60 for a box with a pouch, skins and filters inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Galwayguy20

+1 for the amber leaf, really handy and cheap so they're great. Also almost everywhere sells them so that's always good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 LONE WOLFF

Kersmash wrote: »
    Box of Amber leaf. Excellent for the money conscious. 4.60 for a box with a pouch, skins and filters inside.

Can you buy this in any shop?
    How many rollies would you get out of a box?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Galwayguy20

Yup, well I've never found a place that doesn't sell them, and they tend to be the only ones they sell in cigarette machines in pubs. I'd usually get more than 30 out of a pouch anyway but I might just be rolling them a bit skinny.

Thanks Galwayguy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Marlboro Red. Always has been,always will.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭phoenix0250

Camel Blue...just tastes the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

I'm rolling up some Amber Leaf right now.
    Feeling a bit cheap but the value is great xD

50 Papers, 30 Filters and 12.5 for €4.60. What's not to love?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

American Spirit or Pueblo hand rolling tobacco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

At the moment I am on Samson original blend, blue rizla and ultra slim filters. When I buy cigarettes (rare enough these days) I find Mayfair Dark Blue very nice.

Pipe on special occasions.

An0n wrote: »
    I'm rolling up some Amber Leaf right now.
    Feeling a bit cheap but the value is great xD

50 Papers, 30 Filters and 12.5 for €4.60. What's not to love?

I'm just doing the same now, bought my first box today. Also bought a round baler for making them up. Serious value, I'll easily get 30 or more out of the pouch.
    Bye Bye Carrolls Number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

LONE WOLFF wrote: »
    I'm just doing the same now, bought my first box today. Also bought a round baler for making them up. Serious value, I'll easily get 30 or more out of the pouch.
    Bye Bye Carrolls Number 1

Hehe,

Even though I put less tobacco into a rollie using Amber Leaf, it seems to last a lot longer than my Drum rollies. It's weird. Perhaps it's the moist-ness of Amb that makes it like that. But I have to say, what's not to like about longer smokes? xD

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Silk Cut Blues, I ended my love affair with Marlboro Reds a while back and cut to Blues after weaning down via the S.C Purples.

I still treat myself to a box of Marlboro Reds on special occasions, they're the undisputed king of cigarettes in my opinion.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

I'm another one who smokes amber leaf. Though I only started buying them because the shop near my house doesn't seem to ever have golden virginia

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cutters Choice. Changed from AL to CC, as I'm finding Amber Leaf to not taste the best lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Another Amber leaf smoker here. Went from smoking JP blue to Drum to amberleaf; I didn't like it in the beginning but of course that didn't put me off smoking:( Get about 30 out of each pack so they are very cheap comparted to having to buy pouch, filters , papers.

I still like to have the odd pre rolled smoke but the filter feels so large compared to the small filters of the tobbacco and tbh don't taste as nice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Alternating between McLintock Black Cherry and Van Halteren Black & Bright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Luck strike blue
    They seem to have a different taste to other cigerettes. Camel blues ar nice as well but they burn out to soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Golden Virginia yellow, green rizla, ultra slim rizla filters

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Lebaneese red or black saturated in oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Lebaneese red or black saturated in oil.

User infected. You didn't't read the charter.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have gone from blue rizla to grey rizla. Find green/red/other too papery now :/

I have smoked Palmall Blues since 2004, when they were Winfield. Because they've always been cheaper. I can't be doing with rollies, just never could! If stuck and can't get PalMalls I buy Silk Cut Purple, only cause they were the one I smoked before the Palmalls.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Camel Filters, gone down in price now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Currently on Phillip Morris Reds 'cause they're dirt cheap. Really rough, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Drum 25g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Mayfair Supersize - because I'm poor.

Got given 20 Marlboro Gold the other day though, they're not bad.

Advertisement