Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

robman60 wrote: »
    I feel like a detective at work figuring this out ;p
    My thoughts exactly! :D I get the odd streetpass when I carry the 3ds in my rucksack while I'm cycling, I never know if it was from a pedestrian or someone in a vehicle. It's pretty cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

So last week work sent me to Taipei and I was in town a few times and got 19 hits but all of them were "Japanese" :confused: is the 3DS not officially launched in Taiwan or is it cheaper to import? Means I have a good few regions for Japan though :-)

My hits are back down this week as I'm playing Prof Layton on the tube so steps and streetpass not been recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I got a streetpass before while playing a game. The green light flickered while I had it open, I closed it down and it lit up! Didn't think it could happen but it did that once!

Also regarding the range, bunch of times I have gotten a hit while I was just in my house. Happened here and in my old house! In my old house my 3DS was sitting right by the window that is by the street. Here my room is at the back of the house and upstairs, unless it was from someone in the house next door, the houses are joined. It was a repeat hit for ages, they must have moved :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Been working from home since late last year, still no hits :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

10 hits in blanch today. at least 5 of them had pink puzzle pieces. I'm a street-passing cheetah with a hide fulla WiFi. This must be how Wampy feels every day of his awesome life!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Will be bringing my 3ds to reading festival :P

Met someone from Valencia today. :) Some countries get lovely maps with lots of regions, but Ireland gets no map and invisible counties. :(

Begs the question... will you be bringing it back?
    At the Drive-In are back together? Holy Jamoly! Jealous....

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Got my first Atari Jaguar from somebody else yesterday when I was communting at an usual time - 'Kurley', you magnificent b@stard, you made sitting on that 46A crammed full of Italians worth it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Tempted to do likewise! Though i might just have it left in the lockers most of the time...wonder if anyone else will be doing the same :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Banjo wrote: »
    Begs the question... will you be bringing it back?
    At the Drive-In are back together? Holy Jamoly! Jealous....
    `
    With any luck yes :) And yes tremendous fun.
    Tempted to do likewise! Though i might just have it left in the lockers most of the time...wonder if anyone else will be doing the same :pac:

Probably a good idea to leave it in the locker and leave it on, everybody walking through the village all the time... But nobody is gonna bring it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Wow, Galway really is a hotspot! I got nine hits in the last two days, one a double hit. I was Rob if any of the people are Boardsies.

Anyone living in the Galway area should take a small detour from Shop Street to go by HMV. I got two hits in there, one called HMV and the other Mii resembled one of the staff members (he had a distinct appearance).

robman60 wrote: »
    Wow, Galway really is a hotspot! I got nine hits in the last two days, one a double hit. I was Rob if any of the people are Boardsies.

Anyone living in the Galway area should take a small detour from Shop Street to go by HMV. I got two hits in there, one called HMV and the other Mii resembled one of the staff members (he had a distinct appearance).

Yeah, that would be Apoc. I often walk into that HMV to be greeted with a hit or two. ;) I've counted over 40 streetpasses with HMV (also a staff member), and over 20 with Apoc, they're great for providing the odd puzzle piece! Must remember to bring it to the parade tomorrow, there's bound to be a few extra 3ds owners about the place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I was majorly disappointed today when I didn't get my usual streetpass hit from a wander round HMV in Liffey Valley. :(

I was majorly disappointed today when I didn't get my usual streetpass hit from a wander round HMV in Liffey Valley. :(
    Yeah, Nipper can be a bit hit n miss. Only have around 3 hits and I'm in the shop most weekends, or at least walking past the front doors and window very slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

While I was walking through town today dublin i meet very rare 3DS MII Iwata, I think Mii from Satoru Iwata the president of Nintendo and got accomplishment for 'Met special MII', plus Ive 243 streetpass hits and 167 Miis on my 3DS

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    While I was walking through town today dublin i meet very rare 3DS MII Iwata, I think Mii from Satoru Iwata the president of Nintendo and got accomplishment for 'Met special MII', plus Ive 243 streetpass hits and 167 Miis on my 3DS

No he wasn't in Dublin. Everyone got that hit through Spotpass to mark the 1 year anniversary of the 3DS.

Pretty cool! He is level 5 Streetpass Quest and has ALL the puzzle pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I think I may just have to unsubscribe from this thread. I traded in my 3ds for a vita :-)

> there's the door, see yourself out.

:p

No he wasn't in Dublin. Everyone got that hit through Spotpass to mark the 1 year anniversary of the 3DS.

Pretty cool! He is level 5 Streetpass Quest and has ALL the puzzle pieces.

Do have any idea how much fun you've ruined by popping that bubble now instead of letting it grow and grow over the next couple of weeks, faking Iwata sightings in Easons, bumping into him in the veg aisle in Tescos or reporting a streetpass off him outside a lap dancing club at 1:30am on a monday morning?

• Advertisement

At first, I thought he must have been in my bedroom, because I woke up Sunday morning and there he was (in my 3DS). :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

At first, I thought he must have been in my bedroom, because I woke up Sunday morning and there he was (in my 3DS). :pac:
    Iwata goes where he pleases. He could have been there.

Jeez Princess Peach, way to ruin the excitement. :rolleyes: It was nice to get a selection of pink puzzle pieces without having to go to HMV in Galway :o

Anyone know if that's the first special Mii? There's an accomplishment for meeting ten special Miis, so I guess there's a chance there have been previous specials?

Apart from Wampy and Iwata, I think everyone else is just a regular Mii...
    Well, there's the Resident Evil ones but they get scanned in through the Mii Creator so they don't count. I remember hearing that you could streetpass various Nintendo execs at video game expos and events, so it's probably a promo-thing only. But sure, only 9 years to go till we get the "met a special mii 10 times" accomplishment, eh?

Gutted, Iwata got Curse Gassed out of Street Pass Quest II immediately... I hate reaper cadets.

Yeah it's Nintendo employees so unless you live near a Nintendo HQ you can't really meet special miis often.

I just had a genius idea, may e-mail Nintendo. You should be able to buy gold pants for your mii from Star Points! Then there would be more special miis around for people to meet, and I would have nice shiny pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

and I would have nice shiny pants.

And in the end, isn't that what life's all about?:p

jaydoxx wrote: »
    And in the end, isn't that what life's all about?:p

Shiny pants and streetpass hits! I have gotten way too obsessed with streetpass.Yesterday I wished I was friends with my regular streetpass people in college so we could have coordinated what pink pieces we took from our special visitor.

I have 209 Streetpass hits and 105 miis on my plaza and my mii wears a pizza hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Do a lot of people use street pass? How often would you get them? (I mean a hit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

gubbie wrote: »
    Do a lot of people use street pass? How often would you get them? (I mean a hit)

I use it all the time. Never left the house since Christmas without my 3DS.

Haven't gotten a hit in over three weeks now though. Iwata doesn't count. Used to get at least one a week before that.

• Advertisement

gubbie wrote: »
    Of course, all the cool kids are using Streetpass nowadays!

As for how often you get a hit? That varies so much there is no proper answer. If you live in a small town, you'd be lucky to get one hit a month, provided you don't know someone who owns a console.

If you're in Galway/Dublin you could expect to get five in a day, depending on how extensively you travel around the city.

Tokyo is reputed to be a Streetpass haven, I saw a video where a guy got 17 hits within a couple of hours, and that was made in mid-2011.

Start bringing your console with you and see as that little green light changes your life!

Advertisement