Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you swallow nuts whole ?

• 20-06-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I hate the taste of them.. but i know they are good for you.. Would swallowing them like you would a tablet still get the goodness from them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Crush them up and put them in a yogurt you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Not all nuts taste the same ya know. Branch out. Try a few different ones and if you still don't like them then don't eat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

this question reminds me of how i met my missus ;-}

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Sounds like a short cut to choking to be honest, not sure about how they'd digest if you swallowed them whole, though not very well would be my guess!
    What type of nuts are we talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Did you find one in your poo?

Is that why you're asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

We used to bet people in the pub, when i was a lot younger, that they couldn't eat a bag of peanuts without drinking or chewing them. Its not hard at all, but it was fun to point out that they'd come out the same way they went in.

why are you even eating nuts if you don't like them?

just because something is good for you doesn't mean you have to eat it.
    Fish is good for you, but I never eat fish cos it's rank. tomatoes are good for you, but also not included in my diet. aubergines, cauliflower, Cherrys, Courgette and Oranges/satsumas/mandarins/clemintines also dont make it onto my plate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

this question reminds me of how i met my missus ;-}
    - I liked the titled as well :) lol
    Did you find one in your poo?

Is that why you're asking?
    Nope I've not tired it.
    why are you even eating nuts if you don't like them?

just because something is good for you doesn't mean you have to eat it.
    Fish is good for you, but I never eat fish cos it's rank. tomatoes are good for you, but also not included in my diet. aubergines, cauliflower, Cherrys, Courgette and Oranges/satsumas/mandarins/clemintines also dont make it onto my plate

I'm trying new things to help me out. A lot of people say nuts are good for you. I've increased the amount of fruit I eat.. But I can't eat veg.. makes me gag.. I do make veg soup and blend it to a pulp and eat it.

NeVeR wrote: »

I'm trying new things to help me out. A lot of people say nuts are good for you. I've increased the amount of fruit I see.. But I can't eat veg.. makes me gag.. I do make veg soup and blend it to a pulp and eat it.

good that you are trying new things and trying to eat healthy. But I highly doubt veg makes you gag. Sure, the thought of eating veg is making you gag, but it's not the veg causing it in other words, it's in your head.

There is a live thread on the front page about helping someone similar to eat veg you should check it out and try to get over this psychological approach you have to food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I hate nearly every type of nut except cashew nuts, so i eat them instead. :D

• Advertisement

nearly pissed myself when i seen my typo.

I had

I've increased the amount of fruit I see

I changed it to

I've increased the amount of fruit I eat

good that you are trying new things and trying to eat healthy. But I highly doubt veg makes you gag. Sure, the thought of eating veg is making you gag, but it's not the veg causing it in other words, it's in your head.

There is a live thread on the front page about helping someone similar to eat veg you should check it out and try to get over this psychological approach you have to food.

ah i know it's in my head.. it's the texture of it that makes me gag.. I love veg soup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

ah i know it's in my head.. it's the texture of it that makes me gag.. I love veg soup :)

Texture of what? Broccoli has wildly different texture to carrots, peas have different texture to aubergine etc etc etc

Vegetables are not all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What about peanut butter so, if you like veg soup peanut butter is sort of along the same lines. It could be even mixed into soups. If you like currys some can be high in nuts, or have it added, like ground almonds or cashews.

rubadub wrote: »
    What about peanut butter so, if you like veg soup peanut butter is sort of along the same lines. It could be even mixed into soups. If you like currys some can be high in nuts, or have it added, like ground almonds or cashews.

I don't like curry.. and I hate peanut butter.

The reason i want to swallow them whole was to avoid tasting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just don't eat them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

The reason i want to swallow them whole was to avoid tasting it.

Different nuts have different flavours. You should try out different ones - I like brazil nuts myself, and the ones that look like brains. And cashews. Not peanuts!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Salted cashews and brazil nuts are so good. Even chocolate brazil nuts :p

• Site Banned Posts: 1 John Snack

I hate the taste of them.. but i know they are good for you.. Would swallowing them like you would a tablet still get the goodness from them ?

You will choke yourself you odd gimp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

bluewolf wrote: »
    Salted cashews and brazil nuts are so good. Even chocolate brazil nuts :p

Macadamias is where it's at

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭ Alexandria Shy Season

Thank god it's not cucumbers you don't like.

Advertisement