Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Working Holiday in Spain

• 07-04-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Myself and a few lads are looking into doing this. Anyone got any experience and tips? Location, job, accomodation etc
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Tbh I would look outside Spain unless you know people who own businesses out there. The unemployment rate there is through the roof, business is slow in lots of pubs/bars,it might be worth having a back up plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

I'm in college over here, you'd do well to find a job. There was a Primark opening recently and 21,000 people applied for something like just over 100 jobs, just gives you an idea how mad it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Leper

Unemployment in the Spanish Costas is running @ 35%. For the age group 18 - 25 it is even much higher.

Many of the English speaking peoples of Spain are retreating from where they came in the hope of a better life at home.

You have little or no chance of employment in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭ted1

With the low minimum wage, your better off working a week here and relaxing over there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

There was a general strike in Spain ten days ago. An air of gloom in that country at present. Looking like it well get worse.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Work in Spain is non-existent, far, far, far worse than here. Unemployment is close to 40% and for younger people it's closer to 75%. The few Spaniards I know are all emigrating to the UK or Germany.

Advertisement