Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭BlackBlade

caseyann wrote: »
    Do you mean actually go on and audition?

ye why not I can sing dude :D

gonna be a **** show tho I know!
    sure you cant even apply the RTE site says it cant find you request bag.gif

I hope the show is better than the site lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

BlackBlade wrote: »
    ye why not I can sing dude :D

gonna be a **** show tho I know!
    sure you cant even apply the RTE site says it cant find you request bag.gif

I hope the show is better than the site lol..

If you can sing go for it! Feck it if the show is not so good.But get yourself in limelight.Irish always hide under the bush(like the model shows the amount Irish i know who should be modeling arent and really have no interest in fame).Like i said about the girls i know who can sing wow.And not one of them would go forward for these shows(why i have no idea would get a bit of limelight if they wanted to sing for living).
    And if you are on the show and a good singer will make the show better. :)

Keep us posted and good luck if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

If you can sing go for it! Feck it if the show is not so good.But get yourself in limelight.Irish always hide under the bush(like the model shows the amount Irish i know who should be modeling arent and really have no interest in fame).Like i said about the girls i know who can sing wow.And not one of them would go forward for these shows(why i have no idea would get a bit of limelight if they wanted to sing for living).

Kind of like the Model Scouts (repeating ATM) however they seem to be getting rid of all the good looking girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭bayles

Im auditioning next thursday for this thing :eek:. I knew nothing about it and just came accross a "snipit" of it on the ryan tubrity show when he was chattin to yer one thomas the presenter , i came home and googled it then sent in an application . Just thought shure why not , i can sing , i dont have a job and there aint much work rollin in for a session Bass player .

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Bayles are you auditioning for this next Thursday? How did you find out? Letter or email?

• Advertisement

Houndsoflove , i got a phone call from a girl called catherine at shinawill (the production company) and an email confirmation with an audition time etc etc .

The closing date is Monday, i thought it would be around October before we heard anything. :eek:

My cousin is going for it, i can't sing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The economy might bring out the best singers to this show!

Elmo its the only reason im doing it , i have been made redundant twice in the last 3 years but im also a good musician and gigs are getting harder and harder to get because like myself everybody who is out of work is picking up there guitar and making money in the pubs and clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who are ye audtioning for the judges or producers only?

Best of luck to ye all

• Advertisement

Producers only on the day , im not sure what way this thing works exactly , like how many get through and then whats expected after if i do make it to the next stage . They said we wont know till october , there WILL be cameras for this audition i was told :eek: ... Better get a hair cut

Best of luck with the audition bayles :)

Hopefully my cousin will get an audition too ;)

Best of luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

When's this starting on RTÉ? Really enjoy the format of The Voice, so it'll be interesting to see. Good luck to any boardsies auditioning.

It's due to hit our screens in December ;)

Well I sent in the application you talked me into it!
    just see how I get on now sure what have I got to loose?
    I done a set for mothers day in a club a few years ago and Mary Byrne was my support act so I can hold a note like!
    just hope its not typical RTE drivel! :o

BlackBlade wrote: »
    Well I sent in the application you talked me into it!
    just see how I get on now sure what have I got to loose?
    I done a set for mothers day in a club a few years ago and Mary Byrne was my support act so I can hold a note like!
    just hope its not typical RTE drivel! :o

:cool:

Nothing to loose but if you didnt always wonder what if.
    Really you did? And she was you back up.I dont get how you havent done this before,look how far she went.So you will go alot further.

Best of luck keep us up to date :)

:cool:

Nothing to loose but if you didnt always wonder what if.
    Really you did? And she was you back up.I dont get how you havent done this before,look how far she went.So you will go alot further.

Best of luck keep us up to date :)

Ye Ive sang with her and her brother a bit over the years!
    ah most of the time these shows dont go for talent and so many who cant sing or even come close to it get threw for the sake of so called "good TV"
    I went along to this years Xfactor in Cardiff and seen every single good singer sent home while one lad in the Q got threw just for dancing for the camera and wasnt even auditioning, he went along with his mate for support and got a call back :rolleyes:
    Hopefully this show is something different!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mcgu

@ bayles Well done you! I applied in the last hours of the deadline. (Monday 19th) How long between sending in the application and finding out you got through? Either way I wish you all the best - exciting stuff - could be a life changer : )

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ilovesmoothies

Im auditioning too!!! Applied in the last few mins before closing lol!! Got a phone call about 20 mins ago to ask me to come in for an audition....!!! WTF!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 mcgu

ilovesmoothies - I just checked my phone - two messages from them - I'm in too! Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ilovesmoothies

When do we get the email from them???!!! Auditioning on Thursday at around 4pm I was told.... So fecking unprepared!!!!!

They called me too last night!
    got my email too so time is set!
    see you all there!

My cousin got an audition for saturday :D

I will be more nervous than she will :eek:

For anyone auditioning, do ye have to bring backing tracks or just prepare two songs?

For anyone auditioning, do ye have to bring backing tracks or just prepare two songs?

copy from mail!

•You may;
    Sing a cappella Sing to a backing track (on an MP3 player or CD, we will provide sound system and speakers)
    Sing with an instrument (unplugged)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thiswaste

I'm auditioning next Saturday! What kind of songs are you guys preparing?
    Good luck :D

thiswaste wrote: »
    I'm auditioning next Saturday! What kind of songs are you guys preparing?
    Good luck :D

Dunno thats the tricky part!
    everybody is gonna be all bruno mars and rihanna and stuff so I think Ill stay as far away from that as possable!

How did the auditions go everyone?:)

• Advertisement

How did the auditions go everyone?:)

Went well!
    a pleasant enough day, a very nice bunch of people...
    in and out in around an hour...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement