Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend me a tv please

• 27-02-2012 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

so right now i have a big ugly fat crt .. i think about 26in
    im looking to get a 32/37in lcd/led
    ive a budget of about 450/500
    i would ideally like it to support netflix / youtube

the tv itself will prob be sitting on a stand but thatll be bought down the line separately.
    ill be watching movies, general tv, sports, blurays.
    i dont have a surround sound setup at the moment so the tv will need to have decent enough sound.i
    ideally id like to be able to plug in a usb drive and play divx movies.

right now i have basic sky but no doubt it will be upgraded to skyhd in a couple of months

i like samsung, but im not sure why. ideally i think id like to buy in a bricks & mortor shop in dublin so i can see what im getting before i buy it, but im not completely against an online purchase.

can anyone make any suggestions please?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i suppose im open to not getting a "smart tv" and would be happy with one that supports hdd connected via usb with divx and other file formats. i would then buy an apple tv or similiar at a later date that would give access to netflix etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Suggest you try Currys, Harvey Norman, DiD, and Tesco :eek:

Yes I did say Tesco :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i was sorta hoping someone might be able to suggest something

Advertisement