Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It's not capped at 720 on pc ,I'm playing it at 1920 x1080.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Mine just says can't find a server to join, can ANYBODY explain this? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Servers are rebooting.. Follow BF3 on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I'm a noob.. Does this mean I can play soon? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Right, time for my 2 cents on the beta.

Suppose Ill start off with the negatives, firstly the map itself. Ok I guess, agree with the point made before that didnt blow me away visually but Ill wait till the full version before judgement.The map was rather flat lacking the "3 dimensional warfare" ie threats coming from all directions,above below anywhere like on the BC2 maps.

Felt rather empty in the outside sections, I still feel the consoles should have at least 32 players never mind 64. Gun sounds were a little weak, M16 sounded like a peashooter compared to the XM8. Grenades are too small and hard to see but they do make an almighty bang. Sniper scopes are now much harder to use at mid range distance, ended up not using the x7 at all.would have like to been able to use the pistol after being defibed but before i chose to rejoin the match. Some other minor issues that Im sure will be fixed in the final version.

Positives, Looooved the weapon customization!:) Single shot mode for the rifles is a nice addition and turns a assault rifle with a scope into a sharpshooter rather than having to have to go for the old BC2 recon/gullie suit option. Player models are really nice and dont have the slightly cartoony look of BC2. Underground section was intense especially when I found a good squad that used the mobile spawn point and defibed you when you were down. Suppression fire worked better than I thought, mildy effective but not overbearing. Shotguns are alot more realistic and actually useable at mid range distances.

Overall maybe a bit dissapointed. Again I know its only 1 map and a beta but did feel very COD'ish and not like battlefield. well wait and see I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Rumour has it that they might be releasing Caspian Border as a playable map in a couple of days.I hope thats true.Cant wait to fly some jets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Are the servers down again i can't get connected at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm seriously disappointed. BC2 was a much better game for me in many ways. I agree 100% with other posters that it feels too much like CoD and has lost what made battlefield so good.

I would also agree that it's the players somewhat as well, nobody is playing their role at the moment.

I'm considering cancelling my pre-order now :(

I'm seriously disappointed. BC2 was a much better game for me in many ways. I agree 100% with other posters that it feels too much like CoD and has lost what made battlefield so good.

I would also agree that it's the players somewhat as well, nobody is playing their role at the moment.

That just because its populated by all the COD players the full game will settle that down, its always the same in open Beta's.

I can't see any relation to COD in fairness you can't run around like an idiot without getting shot straight away. Far better than BC which was a average enough game at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Dont cancel the pre-order .

BC2 Beta was the same with the COD's everywhere .
    A couple of weeks into the full release you will see a big change with team performances and playing as a unit .

My post in relation to the COD feel off it was probably because of the BETA map (im hoping) cause there is no vehicles and the layout was narrow .

One thing but (as mentioned here) is they need to take out the K/D ratio from the end of game menu .
    Thats only gonna promote head count whores and fook up team work .

• Advertisement

Anyone else getting the could not find server to join message, been trying to get in for the last two days and can't find a server on PS3 works fine on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

DemoniK wrote: »
    they're turned down for the beta - what you expect for 1.1GB
    On PC beta they are much better, but res still capped to 720p.. I'd say the PC beta is more representative of what the PS3 version will look like. That said is annoying my laptop is better than my PS3 right now!

Overall I really like it - prone is back which makes it interesting. Mechanics of the game are good, but like said before it's not indicative of true BF capabilities or wants.. Conquest over on PC looks much more like it with jets, tanks, etc..
    This map (Metro) in the alpha had tanks - but they've been removed.

I also think ppl think this like a sell out and more COD like 'cos it's filled with COD folks.. Yet to be revived.. Chased a team mate all over the metro last night hitting select for him to drop an ammo box and he never once did.. Luckily I had my handgun to shoot at him.. Basically everyone just doing their own thing :(
    But once I got in to a proper BF type squad we worked well as a unit and thrashed the opposition who were trying to do it all on their own.

So far - really liking it.. Pity about the myriad of bugs right now on both PC and PS3 (trust me, PC has a lot more bugs) - but it's trending the right way.

Tank in metro? :O How the hell you can fit a tank in a very small map?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

What do you think of BATTTLEFIELD 3 so far with the BETA being out and having a good game of it.

So far, I think it will be an excellent game when it come out in October 25th - 28th. I've already played the BETA, and yes I must admit, there is a good few problems with it, but remember IT'S THE BETA, not the actual game. I don't really care about the problems as I don't notice them when I'm playing, which is a good for me.

The ONLY TWO biggest problem that I had is when I downloaded the BETA, installed it, and had a game or two, it keeps signing me out of my PSN accout every minute or so and before anyone says anything, yes, I've checked my internet connection. I had to make a whole new PSN account because of it, and I'm having no problems now when I'm on that PSN account. As well, when I play with my cousin, it seems that I can't chat to him when the microphone is on.

I'll start first any ways.

GAMEPLAY AND FEATURES:
    Like all BATTLEFIELD games, the gameplay is very smooth, easy to control, and just full of awesomeness. News features like jumping over walls, holding your breath while looking down the sniper rifle's scope to steady your aim, falling back if your near an explosion, and who can forget..... the knife kill system... just one of the best I've seen in my entire lifetime.

WEAPONS:
    When I started leveling up, I noticed that there are a few new weapons which you wouldn't see on other games, which is good. The best weapon I think so far is the PP-2000 with ACOG X4, PEQ Box and extended magazine.

That's really all I can think at the moment. If any one knows how to fix the microphone problem, which would be a big help, can you please private message me please.

Thank you for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭kensutz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know if there is a different sight that can be unlocked for the scar.

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a different sight that can be unlocked for the scar.

Well if the SCAR is in the Assault or Engineer class, then there should be a sight for it, you just have to use that weapon a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Absolute joke of a game, won't be buying this.. It seems I am 5secs behind of play every time... In other words if I die I don't realise untill 5secs later and don't even know how I get killed...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Had a game online earlier, really wasn't fond of it.

Sure I think I'd need more time to readjust to the style of play - coming straight off the feedback happy Gears of War it was a shock to the system. But even then... so many times I spawned and was instantly head-shotted by someone camping right at the spawn point. That's perhaps down to my poor playing (definitely, actually) but still wasn't much fun.

The menus are awkward and seem counter-intuitive, the map feels confusingly laid out...

I'd love to try it on PC, but since that ain't happening, have to make to do with this. And the PS3 beta does nothing to win me over. I'll give it another whirl over the next few days, though.

In all fairness, it's just the BETA, not the actual game itself. I have it already pre-ordered in GameStop, and I'm getting the 'Back to Karkand' Limited Edition version.

I have already played the BETA and there are a few minor problems but they'll be fix when the actual game comes out in October 25th-28th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In all fairness, it's just the BETA, not the actual game itself. I have it already pre-ordered in GameStop, and I'm getting the 'Back to Karkand' Limited Edition version.

I have already played the BETA and there are a few minor problems but they'll be fix when the actual game comes out in October 25th-28th.

Good for you. Though the concept of a beta three weeks before release is a little absurd - this is by all extents a demo, and will be played by most as such. There is a distinct lack of polish for a game that should be going gold any moment now.

That said, played two more games there and I'm a little more favourable towards it. Once you get into the less assisted gameplay, there's definitely tension. I still don't like the map design all that much (definitely better underground) and the UI is a farce. But there's promise there. Not enough for me to reconsider picking it over Uncharted or Dark Souls by any stretch.

Rumors are they might release the Caspian Border map tomorrow. Given the hostility to the beta, might be a good idea to win over the many uncertain players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm really enjoying it, it's not may favourite map, but I'm pretty sure it'll be my least favourite map in the full game too, there'll be plenty of other maps to play on.

Watching the Quick Look on Giant Bomb yesterday they mentioned that the BETA build of the game is 3-4 weeks old too as they had to submit the BETA to Microsoft and Sony for certification. I know most of the people they're targeting with the beta won't be aware of that so could still do more harm than good.

Saying that I love the overall feel of the game. The class system tweaks and there's some nice touches. The fact that I keep playing games on a map that I'm not too keen on says enough to me that I'm going to really enjoy the full game.

It's strange though that they picked a map with the least Battlefield-specific elements, like destruction and vehicles. I suppose they didn't want to overwhelm the COD crowd they seem to be trying to entice, but they may have shot themselves in the foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I fcuking hate Prone .

If I come across another camper just lying prone at the m-com I think I will scream .

The knife kill sequence is great , just wish we had a head stamp for killing those prone campers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

mixednuts wrote: »
    I fcuking hate Prone .

If I come across another camper just lying prone at the m-com I think I will scream .

The knife kill sequence is great , just wish we had a head stamp for killing those prone campers.

That is a fantastic idea
    I'm not a fan of prone meself.
    Also, the buggy falling through the floor is so fcuking annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Hi guys,

I have been testing the beta throughout the weekend and despite the "terrain" bugs, rendering issues and dozen of other glitches, I am really into this game.

This game is even more fun when you have a team of people willing to cooperate and play together, I can remember many crucial moments in the beta, when our side won because a couple of squad leaders played it smart, their teams respawned and people were covering teammembers' asses...

Anyway, are there any people willing to play together, cooperate and prefer team action instead of trying to conquer everything by themselves?

Maybe we could play together in beta while waiting for the full version?

DeadParrot wrote: »
    That is a fantastic idea
    I'm not a fan of prone meself.
    Also, the buggy falling through the floor is so fcuking annoying

It is even more annoying, when those guys in the holes are killing you through the ground, and you can't even see it coming...

Anyway, in this game I don't think "camping" fits too much, I mean, when you are a sniper with a precision optics and rifle, what are you supposed to do, run in the middle of action?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

wats ur gametag??...for some strange reason not 1 person i know plays this think its awful i love it..

Not sure if this is true as I didn't get a chance to check yet on the Playstation. I just seen this on the web while checking BATTLEFIELD 3:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/240977/battlefield_3_beta_hacked_dice_threatens_banhammer.html

Probably all lies.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not sure if this is true as I didn't get a chance to check yet on the Playstation. I just seen this on the web while checking BATTLEFIELD 3:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/240977/battlefield_3_beta_hacked_dice_threatens_banhammer.html

Probably all lies.....

LOL you wont be checking out this on your playstation dude.

You have a pm mate.

If anyone wants to join, let us know in this thread :)

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    LOL you wont be checking out this on your playstation dude.

And why would that be?

(Thinking that it's true...)

Advertisement