Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

1108109110111112114»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Update on The Foot....

She completed her first ever 90 mile week last week. She now has her international vest (sadly it doesn't fit me) and all is on track for the trip to Qatar later in the month. Immediate plan is to run the Athlone 3/4 this Sunday somewhere near 50k race pace.

Foot update

All still on track - She did the Tymon parkrun on Saturday and had a leisurely sub 20 stroll so the high mileage hasn't dulled the speed too much. We fly on Sunday/land on Monday so I will be trying all I can to get the exit door seats for a bit more leg room.

Latest forecsat for race day is 93 degrees so I must ensure I find somewhere comfortable to watch from ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Foot update

All still on track - She did the Tymon parkrun on Saturday and had a leisurely sub 20 stroll so the high mileage hasn't dulled the speed too much. We fly on Sunday/land on Monday so I will be trying all I can to get the exit door seats for a bit more leg room.

Latest forecsat for race day is 93 degrees so I must ensure I find somewhere comfortable to watch from ;)

When are Meno & Gary flying out? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Foot update

Best of luck at the weekend (& to the Foot too of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oh digger, do Ireland proud!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭RubyK

Very best of luck CL, what an achievement, to run for your country!! Enjoy the amazing experience.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    When are Meno & Gary flying out? :D

Meno is currently in a b1tch slap fight with Kevin E. to see who will be GOH's plus 1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Who's responsible for selecting such places for sporting events? The amount of events in Qatar and UAE is sickening. Money put before people's welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Meno is currently in a b1tch slap fight with Kevin E. to see who will be GOH's plus 1 ;)

When is this race on? GOH running having only raced the DCM on Monday? He really is a machine!

p.s. Best of luck CL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

yaboya1 wrote: »
    When is this race on? GOH running having only raced the DCM on Monday? He really is a machine!

p.s. Best of luck CL

It's on tomorrow week. I can't believe he is doing both tbh!! I think it could be a trial of who survives best in extreme heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Who's responsible for selecting such places for sporting events? The amount of events in Qatar and UAE is sickening. Money put before people's welfare.

With their kind of money, you'd think they could cool the place for the runners!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Would agree with you in general but in this case the IAU had problems finding a host venue. In fact, I think they may have had to cancel one of their races (100k maybe) this year as they couldn't find a host. Won't be a race for fast times. I suppose it's a championship race so focus on finishing position instead of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

It was hosted in Galway 2011,by Richard donavan,don't reaaly recall he got too much support from anyone in the ultra running gcommunity,as far as I can recall he got dogs abuse,.headline on Ireland's premier running site had a link to a radio station giving out about traffic restrictions if I remember correctly and nuthin about the the 30 or so of the world's top 50k runners being in Ireland,,,think it was won in the low 2:40s. .ultrapercy was the first Irish man in that day
    .....so I doubt it will be here again

ultraman1 wrote: »
    It was hosted in Galway 2011,by Richard donavan,don't reaaly recall he got too much support from anyone in the ultra running gcommunity,as far as I can recall he got dogs abuse,.headline on Ireland's premier running site had a link to a radio station giving out about traffic restrictions if I remember correctly and nuthin about the the 30 or so of the world's top 50k runners being in Ireland,,,think it was won in the low 2:40s. .ultrapercy was the first Irish man in that day
    .....so I doubt it will be here again

Maybe Donadea ??? You'd do a great job :)

kit3 wrote: »
    Maybe Donadea ??? You'd do a great job :)

Costs a fair whack of money to host sumpting like that,..I'll leave it to professionals

Costs a fair whack of money to host sumpting like that,..I'll leave it to professionals

Fair enough - didn't realise that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Would agree with you in general but in this case the IAU had problems finding a host venue. In fact, I think they may have had to cancel one of their races (100k maybe) this year as they couldn't find a host. Won't be a race for fast times. I suppose it's a championship race so focus on finishing position instead of time!

They are holding the 100k in Doha as well in 4 weeks time!!

menoscemo wrote: »

twice as bad as what CL will have to endure ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    This mite need a new thread....feel lots of giving out,small bit of ranting,bit on being uncivil,a couple of warnings and a homtowner on the way.

This mite need a new thread....feel lots of giving out,small bit of ranting,bit on being uncivil,a couple of warnings and a homtowner on the way.

Sure this log gets used for fcuk all else ;) may as well rant, bitch and name call in here you big prick ye ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

yaboya1 wrote: »

I'd question the logic behind that decision. Seems crazy and nonsensical to me

tunguska wrote: »
    I'd question the logic behind that decision. Seems crazy and nonsensical to me

Me too. It's an international vest! Hardly ideal preparation!

Advertisement