Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford to Dublin - quickest non car route?

• 12-06-2007 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Saskia

Can anyone help me? The Bus Eireann site is a fu*king joke. Is it quicker by train?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,851 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Apparently the bus from Gorey is very quick, about an hour to UCD.

The bus is a lot faster and a lot more frequent. One leaves Dublin and Rosslare pretty much every hour.

Train is more comfortable but slower, and there are only 2/3 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bazzer06

have to disagree on the bus/train thing - the bus takes 2hrs 50 minutes (obviously depending on where in dublin your getting off - thats from wexford town to busaras) whereas the train now takes 2hrs 30 - 40 minutes and obviously wins for comfort.

The bus eireann website is fine if ya go to the print timetablle part - that tells you all ya need to know.

I'd say the fastest way though is the ardcavan bus which usually does the trip in 2 hrs or less - go to www.ardcavan.ie for times. Its the cheapest too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 scooochie4

i second ardcavan!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

i think a helicopter would be pretty fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

How about Concorde?

But seriously, your best bet is either the bus or the train - bus for frequency train for comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

depends on what time you are leaving....traffic considerations

concorde is not in operation anymore!

Advertisement