Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭GBXI

Because its Mayo GAA.

September is farce month at Mayo GAA :)

More like it's GAA rather Mayo GAA. This happens way too much at county level as well. Amateur administrators, professional players.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,977 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

1st half

countysemifinal1_zps2a7930e1.jpg

2nd Half

countysemifinal2_zpsb5816682.jpg

Are there two teams in the top photo? That's ludicrous, how could they have even started the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The O'Connor Goals for Ballintubber v Knockmore

Link using Google Chrome http://vimeo.com/107406555

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Are there two teams in the top photo? That's ludicrous, how could they have even started the game?

Yip, I wasn't there myself, photos are from some of the Mayo Club 51 crew. Second photo is 2nd half after Mitchel's changed I think. Mad Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Yip, I wasn't there myself, photos are from some of the Mayo Club 51 crew. Second photo is 2nd half after Mitchel's changed I think. Mad Ted!

What did Mitchels change into out of curiosity? Looks like an old Mayo kit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Is Enda Kenny The Personel Recruitment Advisor for the Mayo county Board ! ! !

The Mayo County Board could make a Harmless Fart Stink.......... Something Rotten ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Ballyhaunis won intermediate by a point.

More ammo for the anti Connelley crowd here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

It sure was nail biting in the end with some terrible shooting from Hollymount and a late missed free from Coen sealing the game for the Haunis. Been an unreal achievement by this group of players and some great potential especially young Morgan Lyons with the presence of Niall Prenty in the forward line who should be a certainty for the Mayo panel next year. Id say Higgins will cherish this more than any Connacht medal hes won for Mayo. Sensational he was in the 2nd half, worldy of a pass near the end to boot. Delighted for them hope they push on now. #26yearsAndCountingNoMore

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brusna

No, their can be no negativity in this. Congrats ballyhaunis, well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Well done to the Haunis. Keep it going now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Mayo GAA supporters survey is now live here,

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Mayoscall

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

A Currane friend of mine threw this up on Facebok today... I sniggered heartily. If that was possible.

10521759_10152755178337065_4991582902263987653_o.jpg

Being taunted from the States is just not on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Peist2007 wrote: »

Why would it be a joke.
    It could be very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

its true
    don't see why anyone would have a problem with it?
    don't like it don't buy it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

No problem with it. Just that i dont think he has done enough in his career nor is he nationally respected enough to merit an autobiography. He fancies himself as a bit of a celeb. Think it's a bit tragic actually but he can do what he likes i guess.

No problem with it. Just that i dont think he has done enough in his career nor is he nationally respected enough to merit an autobiography. He fancies himself as a bit of a celeb. Think it's a bit tragic actually but he can do what he likes i guess.

What ?
    He is Mayos most prolific scorer.
    He left the county setup in bizzare circumstances.

He has just as much to offer in a book as that ape from Roscommon has.

And who cares about a national profile, lots of GAA books come put every year from people with low national profiles.

someone obviously approached him as there was interest in it.
    Most of the people who are mouthing about him will be the ones buying it too ;)
    look at this thread already . no such thing as bad publicity

I'm also pretty sure the book does have a title despite what the article says.
    I believe its called " Departed - The Conor Mortimer Story " !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Could be a big inter club transfer soon if what I heard is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

All star nominations are out.6 in total for Mayo....
    Keith Higgins, Colm Boyle, Lee Keegan,Seamus and Aidan O Shea,Cillian O Connor.Tad surprised
    by Keegan's nomination.

IMO Robert Hennelly and Jason Doherty are both unlucky to lose out, some level of competition in the half forward line.
    I think we'll get three...
    Higgins,Boyle and O Connor,too much competition in the half forward line for Aidan O Shea to get a look in.

seligehgit wrote: »
    All star nominations are out.6 in total for Mayo....
    Keith Higgins, Colm Boyle, Lee Keegan,Seamus and Aidan O Shea,Cillian O Connor.Tad surprised
    by Keegan's nomination.

IMO Robert Hennelly and Jason Doherty are both unlucky to lose out, some level of competition in the half forward line.
    I think we'll get three...
    Higgins,Boyle and O Connor,too much competition in the half forward line for Aidan O Shea to get a look in.

No offence to Lee Keegan, who is still one of the best players in the country, he has gotten that nomination on reputation - Donal Vaughan had a better year than him and should have gotten the nomination instead. Also, Jason Doherty should be nominated instead of either Donncha Walsh or Mark Lynch. Very important player for Mayo this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

irishgeo wrote: »

Spill those Beans!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,768 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

GBXI wrote: »
    No offence to Lee Keegan, who is still one of the best players in the country, he has gotten that nomination on reputation - Donal Vaughan had a better year than him and should have gotten the nomination instead. Also, Jason Doherty should be nominated instead of either Donncha Walsh or Mark Lynch. Very important player for Mayo this season.

My hole

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

irishgeo wrote: »

Care to elaborate?

#

Doherty has improved for Mayo this year from his erratic form up to 2012, obviously he was injured in 2013.
    He may be a very important player for Mayo but i'm not sure he is All Star nomination material just yet in what is a very strong HF line

However I don't think he has been as good as Donnacha Walsh.

Walsh is possibly the most underrate player Kerry have.
    He is a real work horse and again this year he will be denied a All Star because Murphy is in the HF line

It could be argued that Murphy is being moved to accommodate Donaghey, but some might argue that Murphy is being moved to accommodate "the marquee forward" because "he score more form placed balls, he got send off, etc etc etc."

keane2097 wrote: »
    My hole

Doherty was easily as effective if not more effective for Mayo than Walsh was for Kerry.

Doherty was easily as effective if not more effective for Mayo than Walsh was for Kerry.

If Mayo got to the final then Doherty would probably be nominated instead of Walsh.
    But Kerry got to the final and Walsh fully deserves a nomination.

If Mayo got to the final then Doherty would probably be nominated instead of Walsh.
    But Kerry got to the final and Walsh fully deserves a nomination.

That logic doesn't make any sense.

• Advertisement

That logic doesn't make any sense.

But that's the way the all star nominations work, they are loaded with the teams that get to the final and then the SF and one or two beyond that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement