Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are Dabs.ie like recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Iristxo

I have an order in the "Awaiting Picking" status. I am trying to cancel it but it's not going through. However in their "help" section it says that you can cancel the order up until the "completed" status shows up. I have emailed their customer services dptment but no answer as of yet. I will try tomorrow with their live chat service. Has anybody tried to cancel an order at this stage from them? I email them about the cancellation less than an hour after placing the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Iristxo

Wow they canceled my order after emailing them. Good customer service, I am quite impressed. Order still shows as "awaiting picking" but I'm sure they'll take care of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tintee

Good to hear they got you sorted.
    I bought a corsair vertex 2 120gb ssd from them a few weeks ago as they were the cheapest on the net i could find for that drive.Thought it was a price mistake at first but it wasn`t.I got the drive and am very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Dabs Refunds and returns policy states that a replacement item will be offered if it is in stock, i ordered an Acer laptop and the battery charger did not work. I returned the item and am still being told the money will be automatically refunded to my account when it has been recieved.
    An post's online tracker system states that the item has been delivered, however i have still not recieved a refund. I had requested a replacement item (the item is in stock) and the cost of the return postage as their online helpdesk system states that Dabs own courier will only arrange a pickup from U.K. addresses. This is a breach of their own refunds and returns policy.

Solicitors letter beckons.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

That does seem a bit strange.
    I have bought quite a bit of stuff from Dabs.ie and naturally a couple of things have been faulty. I had no trouble getting replacements though, including pick up and delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Tintee

I dont know what their policy is, i just followed the returns wizard on their site and clicked the options that suited me.Here`s the email they sent...
    Dear Mr ******,

Collection date: 19/01/10

To confirm, a collection has now been arranged for the above date. Please remember that your RMA number (returns number) needs to be on a label on the outside of the parcel. Please also note that collections can take place in anytime during the day.

Please make sure you obtain a receipt from the driver as proof of collection, you will need to keep hold of the receipt until it has been confirmed that the goods have been received by us.

Kind regards,
    Karen

Customer Services
    dabs.com Plc

you say you received no refund but then go on to say you requested a replacement item? If you asked for a replacement then that is what you should be expecting is it not?
    Hopefully you followed their returns procedure correctly regarding things like the RMA number clearly visible on the outside etc.All i know is i did and it went smoothly.
    If it IS a refund you requested and not a replacement then it will come once they approve it and an email should be sent informing you of this.Your credit card statement will show this refund when you receive your next monthly statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Champ

While I may not like the courier they sometimes opt to use, one thing I can't fault them with is their RMA process.

I build PCs and thus have come across my share of faulty components.

So far no problem RMAing with them (a large part in why my custom with them is steadily increasing). They also refund the postage costs of the original order as well as having the option for them to arrange for a courier to pick up and deliver your RMA back.

The RMA TAT is quite acceptable e.g. if I RMA a component the courier picks it up ~ week later, they get it on average 2 days later and with another 3 days I get a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pitiviperx

Does anybody know their phone number (dabs.ie) ? I returned a printer that i bought more than a month ago and they still haven't refunded me. I'm emailing them nearly every day and they basically ignore my messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

pitiviperx wrote: »
    Does anybody know their phone number (dabs.ie) ? I returned a printer that i bought more than a month ago and they still haven't refunded me. I'm emailing them nearly every day and they basically ignore my messages.

Try this , 0044 870 429 3825

Be prepared to be on hold / wait in line for an operator :rolleyes:

thanks a lot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Hi guys I purchased something from dabs at 2 am today and I am just wondering in general how long does it take for them to dispatch an item once its in stock?

I presume once its gone past the "security" process this means that there is no need to verify the card (I did the verify by visa thing) Its in the "processing" stage now.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rockfist

It took 5 weeks for me to get my Laptop which i purchased from dabs. I will never use them again.

rockfist wrote: »
    It took 5 weeks for me to get my Laptop which i purchased from dabs. I will never use them again.

were you waiting for the laptop to come in stock?

No. Just to be delivered. It was always in stock. Their customer service was useless and gave no solutions. Just the same generic mail.

When abouts was this? During March of this year by any chance? I have read that they were migrating systems or something and that's what caused huge delays.

ok well this could have been the case but they never told the customers either on the site or when i contact customer service many times. I felt i was treated that bad that i wouldn't use them again and would strongly advise against them. If you want to use them so be it.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Hi guys I purchased something from dabs at 2 am today and I am just wondering in general how long does it take for them to dispatch an item once its in stock?

I presume once its gone past the "security" process this means that there is no need to verify the card (I did the verify by visa thing) Its in the "processing" stage now.

Thanks
    When i ordered i got the stuff delivered the next day. i couldnt believe it. shouldnt take long ... good luck

When i ordered i got the stuff delivered the next day. i couldnt believe it. shouldnt take long ... good luck

Yep It got dispatched today thankfully :D

Something is a bit strange though

(taken from my post on the computer B&U fourm but I thought I may as well post it here)

I noticed something on the royal mail and parcelforce website (its now showing up on the site)

It states that its being delivered using "Euro Priority Home (PO Box)" Obviously its meant to be delivered to my house not a PO Box?

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Yep It got dispatched today thankfully :D

Something is a bit strange though

(taken from my post on the computer B&U fourm but I thought I may as well post it here)

I noticed something on the royal mail and parcelforce website (its now showing up on the site)

It states that its being delivered using "Euro Priority Home (PO Box)" Obviously its meant to be delivered to my house not a PO Box?
    I wouldn't worry about that. when you registered on the website you put in your address so it should be delivered there, unless you ask them to deliver it to another.

I wouldn't worry about that. when you registered on the website you put in your address so it should be delivered there, unless you ask them to deliver it to another.

Yeah turns out that's normal. My friend ordered off them a few times before and it also stated "Euro Priority Home (PO Box)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I'm thinking of buying an SSD from dabs.ie, i'm just wondering what their returns service are like? Have people any experience with it?

i'd stay well away from them if i was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

i'd stay well away from them if i was you.

Why? What's wrong with them?

Have a look through every forum mate, you'll be waiting ages and their customer service is woeful. Really not worth the stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I just purchased a Samsung Monitor from Dabs this evening.

Scheduled for delivery between 14th / 16th December .

I hope I can prove this thread wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I ordered something from them last week. I just noticed a tracking number and a link to the Royal Mail website.

The number they gave me doesn't match the format required.

The number is like RB555512345, but Royal Mail require a 13 digit number.

What's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VITAMINA

I've ordered LCD monitor month ago and still didn't get one .They've charged my money and every time I call ,they saying your product is on the way .After time I dedcided to cancel order because I was sick of that waiting that long ,so I waiting now even longer to get my money back ,this is another month.Now when I'm calling I hear another story you'll get your money back ASAP.They don't care about customers at all,once they've charge you,you'll never get your money back .Very unprofessional service.I don't think I could get it back. With Pixmania never had any problems and I ordered many products from there. First shopping with dabs and I'm very disappointed.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

^ Did you get your money back from Dabs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VITAMINA

No I didn't .This is first and a last time I bought anything from them.Wasting money and a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Ordered mouse and mouse mat from Dabs a couple of weeks ago. Took a week to arrive - very poor quality (Corsair LM2 mouse) and mouse was non-functional. Can't blame Dabs for the quality but worst customer service I've experienced from online company. Can only contact them by email, takes 24hr+ for a reply. A courier was organised to collect my parcel for return (took 5 days to organise this) but didn't show - so a day wasted hanging around. Another day for them to respond when I reported no-show and now they tell me it will be at least another 4 days before courier can be arranged again. I hadn't realised that they were exclusively UK based but that's no excuse - have had way better service via ebay.uk. Won't be using them again and my advice is steer well clear - use Elara.ie or Memoryc.ie instead.

Advertisement