Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Screen too bright

• 01-10-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue im having with my ps3. I switch it on and the screen is extremely bright, almost cloudy white. I've played around with the colour settings on my telly but that doesn't seem to help. The brightness makes it difficult to see what the text says on the XMB. Any ideas as to how to remedy this would be much appreciated. I'm using the RGB scart connection by the way. Not an HDMI connection.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johny2011

Hey I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue im having with my ps3. I switch it on and the screen is extremely bright, almost cloudy white. I've played around with the colour settings on my telly but that doesn't seem to help. The brightness makes it difficult to see what the text says on the XMB. Any ideas as to how to remedy this would be much appreciated. I'm using the RGB scart connection by the way. Not an HDMI connection.

sice when did the ps3 come wit a screen:):):):):):):):):):):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

The resolution must be off. Did ya try changing the settings in the PS settings insted of the TV?

Also if you can, use a HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    The resolution must be off. Did ya try changing the settings in the PS settings insted of the TV?

Also if you can, use a HDMI.

I've been playing around with the PS settings. Thing is, the screen is so bright that I can hardly make out the text. I tried playing a game ust there and the colours seem 'washed out' if you understand what I mean. They've lost their colour and seem faded.

Quick update. Got it sorted folks. Simply a case of unplugging the telly and ps3. Cheers for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

So you turned it off and now the screen is black? Cured the screen brightness is suppose.

• Advertisement

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    So you turned it off and now the screen is black? Cured the screen brightness is suppose.

No I unplugged the telly and ps3 at the mains and waited 2/3 minutes. Plugged them back in and the screen colour was back to normal.

Advertisement