Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGuinness tourist shop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Good pic, there was another thread that mentioned him, can't find it now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

pauro 76 wrote: »
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/08/15/meanwhile-in-longford-town/

Anyone see this? Certainly a 'character' alright.

Not sure if 'character' is the correct term or the one I'd use . . although it would almost certainly begin with a small 'c' to be sure. :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Great to see we're a laughing stock once again because of him and that f**kin' shop window. Can the council not compel local businesses to bring their shopfronts up to a certain standard?

Great to see we're a laughing stock once again because of him and that f**kin' shop window. Can the council not compel local businesses to bring their shopfronts up to a certain standard?
    It was in the Leader that they tried but McGuinness was waiting for assurances that it wouldn't happen again from the Guards or Court or something like that.

I didn't really have much interest in it.

It was in the Leader that they tried but McGuinness was waiting for assurances that it wouldn't happen again from the Guards or Court or something like that.

Of course he is. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Good pic, there was another thread that mentioned him, can't find it now though.

I have trawled the whole forum and I cannot find it either...:confused::confused:

Great thread though...:D

I walked by today and he was getting new windows installed. About bleedin' time!

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I have trawled the whole forum and I cannot find it either...:confused::confused:

Great thread though...:D
    He must have complained and had it deleted.:pac:

I walked by today and he was getting new windows installed. About bleedin' time!

He must have shares in Fox&o`rourke at this stage.. I am suprised the place was never torched actually...
    He must have complained and had it deleted.:pac:

LOL...:D. Oh the good days I had in that shop. I always call in when I am in Longford to relive my youth followed by a Luigi..:cool:

I always call in when I am in Longford to relive my youth followed by a Luigi..:cool:
    You go in??:eek: Jaysus, after all the stories I'd nearly be afraid to go in.

Did he get any new stuff?

• Advertisement

You go in??:eek: Jaysus, after all the stories I'd nearly be afraid to go in.

Did he get any new stuff?

New stuff.. You must be joking..:pac::pac:

Luigis....mmmmm, nicest chips in the country.

Luigis....mmmmm, nicest chips in the country.

What about the American burger???. Its nearly worth the 4 hour drive for it..

LOL, how does he get by at all??
    What about the American burger???. Its nearly worth the 4 hour drive for it..
    Never had one of them:o, must try one so, when I do be home I see the place does be full of College lads...and Hetriches...what ever happened to the packed lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i can't wait til the new window goes in, so i can have a look at more pecker dunne tapes that i don't want to buy!

i can't wait til the new window goes in, so i can have a look at more pecker dunne tapes that i don't want to buy!

maxatosis rabbit:eek:-->sure it's headbopping stuff at 1.32.

Never had one of them:o, must try one so, when I do be home I see the place does be full of College lads...and Hetriches...what ever happened to the packed lunch?

I only ever had one as a treat maybe once a month. I remember they were a pound at the time anyway. Same story down here in Cork all the young ones have the local deli`s packed and everyone of them with there sh1t boxes parked obnoxiously everywhere...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Was in town last Saturday and saw that he had nice, new windows installed! Probably the most exciting thing to happen to Longford town all summer... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭baldbear

The new windows are a good improvement.I wonder were they put in for the tidy towns competition?

Some great Guinness memorabilia in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

walked past his shop the otherday and the smell , when was the last time the place was cleaned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭abbey2000

wow...its twelve years since i lived in longford....i cannot believe that guy is still there....complete and utter nut job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭baldbear

abbey2000 wrote: »
    wow...its twelve years since i lived in longford....i cannot believe that guy is still there....complete and utter nut job.

Or "character" as they say to be nice!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭galwegians

had the pleasure of being put out of his shop the other day, he is not a character he is pure ignorant and needs a good slap for himself.
    never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

galwegians wrote: »
    had the pleasure of being put out of his shop the other day, he is not a character he is pure ignorant and needs a good slap for himself.
    never again.
    Agree completley.. This man is a total disgrace to the Area and nothing short of an ignorant pri** to boot!. I actually can't understand how he remains open at all as he never sells any stock. I think he totally brings down an already bad enough shopping district..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Agree completley.. This man is a total disgrace to the Area and nothing short of an ignorant pri** to boot!. I actually can't understand how he remains open at all as he never sells any stock. I think he totally brings down an already bad enough shopping district..

He seems to have new stock now, judging by the colorful items in the windows. Either that, or he pained everything. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GtotheD

Wouldn't actually be a bad local curiosity, that shop, if it didn't have that troll attached to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Went in there about 5 years ago. He started whinging at me and my mum that we were going to rob something. I bought a Guiness Mug, paid for it and the *unt threw me out after. I nearly wanted to throw that mug in his tick head...

I think everyone that goes by it regulary ask the same question. How the hell does he keep the shop open?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GtotheD

Anyone ever heard about him bringing kids in to the back to take their picture so he'll know them for again? Well trying to. . .

Advertisement