Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT ABOUT MAH LEGS, CHARLIE MURPHY??!!

• 22-04-2011 5:08pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Gonna log here for abuse purposes as everywhere else is either dead or american. Currently chasing a 200kg weightlifting total at around 86kg but tryin' to work around some shoulder related niggles and being a big pansy-faced uterus.

Today:
    Squatz...
    singles at 110-115-120-125-130-130-130(f)-130
    left it there. dumped the third 130 behind me. Damn quadz.

Snatch:
    60x1, 65x1, 70x1, 75x2, 80x1

Think the double at 75 is a pb. Got a bit hairy at 80. second time I've snatched in about six weeks so gotta be fairly happy with that. Shoulder is still a little hot, did all sorts of band related nonsense but it didn't help a whole lot.

Edit: pressin' 55kg x10 x7 x5, no failin' +1kg next time

Gotta remember to do this too.

Headin to ironside tomorrow to get hyooooge!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Whats your current C+J?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

100 bills, and it's been wedged there for months!

Right,
    Clean and jerked up to 85 for 5 singles. Jerk still a little ponderous.

Rolled out to Ironside then and did some circuit stuff with logs, yokes and farmers handles. Messed about with two man flips on the 900lb tyre and some log clean and presses. Also messed around with stones then and loaded up an 80kg. Couldn't lap the 100. Strange movement, I like it a lot though. Finished with some overhead yoke walks. Spent a good while rambling on about crap afterwards too! Great place.

weekend lacked any front page worthy shenanigans so the carcass was in reasonable nick today.
    Squatz, fives:
    100-110-115-120(pr)
    Some of these suckers looked a little SPF.

chins: one set of 14. Was goin for 20 but got a dose of the malaise so called it there.

Snatch: think i did two or three singles at 70. These were absolute gash today, it was like tryin to fly a helicopter on buckfast. Shoulder was not happy either.

Rack jerk:
    60-70-80-85-90-95-100-105(pr)
    Dunno where that came from. Sat the bar a bit further into the heel of the palm and was aggressive out of the rack. locked it out before I could think about how heavy it was.

Press 56kg:
    10-7-5

It's PR week son!!!!

• Advertisement

columok wrote: »
    It's PR week son!!!!

****in right, I'm gonna go straight in and test my one rep max no-no-no weighted star jump tomorrow. Righteous.

right, snatched up to 78, not too bad, little sluggish though. Everything hurt during the warmup, wrists, knees elbows! Must've been teh inflammationz from that slice of bread I had last year.

Clean and jerked up to 90 for about 5 singles, cleans were easy but jerks went to hell, no pressouts but a little manky.

Squat: 125x3 and some singles and things at lower weights. Probably a limit set

Chins, max: hit 18. Gonna try once more for 20 on saturday and leave it for another while

Need to back off some things (and go to mcdonalds more)

Dead Ed wrote: »
    right, snatched up to 78, not too bad, little sluggish though. Everything hurt during the warmup, wrists, knees elbows!
    Do some banded preacher curls off the monolift

columok wrote: »
    Do some banded preacher curls off the monolift

I'm pretty sure I'd be murdered if I did that.

I'm pretty sure I'd be murdered if I did that.
    Murdered or praised as a visionary. Maybe everyone else wants to do banded preacher curls off the monolift. But need someone to lead the way. You can be their Jesus/Moses/Muad'dib!

• Advertisement

Right, felt like a boiled ****e today. Was gonna work to openers for saturday (78/95) but got a bit carried away.

Snatch:
    failed 78 about 5 times, made it in the end, upped it to 83 and succeeded on the 2nd attempt, failed 86 twice, close on the first but the left elbow bent a bit . Soft as hell off the floor, that has to be fixed pronto. Second attempt involved me pulling the thing, getting tired and sitting on the floor. Edit: forgot, Hang power snatch: 60x3, legs nearly straight on receipt

Clean and jerked up to 95, brought the grip out wider, which made the jerks a lot easier. Cleaned 100 but blacked out before the jerk so left it there.

was gonna go for a heavy single on the squat but had some sense talked into me. Did a fairly unremarkable single at 125 and some more at 110.

Chins: 11

press 60x3 (killin' time)

Should probably make some sort of training plan for after the nationals. Have some ideas anyway.

Comedy fails.

MOAR KURLOV

Right, lifted in the nationals yesterday. Was planning on competing at 85 but was 87 odd last monday, ditched creatine and carbs and loaded water until the night before, weighed in at 82.5, which is unacceptable!

Snatch:
    warmed up early (again). Hit 75 in the warmup, dropped it down to 60 and worked back up. Missed the last warmup at 75 behind and had to get to the platform

78: good, 82: good, 86: missed behind, hadn't locked it out so it was basically too heavy.

No break between the snatch and the clean and jerk and only managed to warm up to 85 before getting called. Decided I was gonna power clean the attempts.

94 was easy so called for 98 which was a bastard of a power clean because I was knackered, jerk was ok though, called for 102 and had to squat clean it, pulled it high enough but was too slow under it and everything collapsed, the head wasn't in it at that stage anyway.

Totalled 180, which was 2kg below the last comp on december but I'm 8kg lighter now. The facilities in jordanstown are unbelievable, everything seemed to run smoothly and there were some serious lifts. The standard seems to be a lot higher this year too so I've a lot of work to do in order to hit what I deem to be a level of non-****ness (100/130 by the looks of things!). Need to push for 90/110 and gain some weight first though.

Takin' a recovery/arsing around week. Just messed about today...

8 reps:
    press
    bent row
    front squat
    good morning

rest a few mins

did 30-40-50kg, stuck with the press then...

57kg: 7-5-5

KURLZZZZZ
    35kg 3x12

Funny thing, ordered some knee sleeves today and my patellar tendon started getting pissed off almost immediately. Stupid thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

Funny thing, ordered some knee sleeves today and my patellar tendon started getting pissed off almost immediately. Stupid thing.

Once you wash the sand out, I'm sure it'll be okay.

supposedly wrote: »
    Once you wash the sand out, I'm sure it'll be okay.
    Bah! Where's my dinner?!

Right, still messing aimlessly, little hungover today...

Press, 58kg, 8-7-5, pretty good, some grinding, no wrist wraps or belt (they don't seem to make a difference anymore)

pottered around for about 30km on the bike

Max reps handstand pushups:
    7. Meh.

Bent over row, 60x10, 70x7.

KURLZ:
    40kg, 3x8

Tryin to do what teh Rippletoadz suggested in PP to alleviate the wrist torque...doesn't work

Right, back to actual training on monday provided ****ers don't decide to evacuate the entire city on account of some aul one doing her shopping. It's bad enough I get ID'd going into work! rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble.
    New program should be interesting, lots of volume, quality reps. need to do some core work too as the dreaded pelvic tilt is on the way back. Not gonna be happy unless I hit that 90kg snatch before the leinsters, been hanging around 85 since bloody october!

right, back to actual training.
    snatch:
    60x3
    64x3
    68 x6x2 easy

clean deadlift to knee +8s pause x3 110kg. easy

cleans:
    65x3x4

Just some target practice here. Was trying to get under as quickly as possible. Think I did something to my knee on the last one, very sore gettin into even an unweighted squat afterwards. Moved it around a bit more and it stopped hurting

back squat:
    90x3, 97x3, 105x2x6 grand

planks, 30s holds with 50kg then 60kg. Manageable enough.

knee still feels ok. Wonder if it will in the morning though :/

Clean and jerk:
    Supposed to be doubles at 80 but the knee got pissed off on one of the cleans again. Wrapped it up but it made no difference

Paused snatch grip dead 8sx3x100kg

front squat:

5 doubles at 80, knee got pissed on the 5th set. Damn. Looks like this is hangin around. Gonna ice the bugger again and leave it a couple of days. Think it's a tendon.

Did some pulldowns then, 65x10, 75x10, 85x8. These don't seem to bother my elbows as much as pullups for some reason.

Right, still icing the knee, hasn't talked to me today but decided to avoid any knee-bendin' till next week. Anyway, pressed yesterday....

59kg
    7-5-4

Couldn't get to the gym today due to Barak Obama. Also, think I tweaked my QL, for which I'm gonna blame him too. He then had the gall to drive past my office and gloat by waving.

Pressed at home...
    60kg

5-4-4-5

Last set was in the groove. Stickin with 60 next time too. Rolled the hell out of the hips, tried to get into the QL but I'll need a pitchfork for that.

• Advertisement

Obama's gone so I can train again.

Snatched 68 for 6 doubles
    cleaned 65 for 4 triples, (target practice)
    HSDLW8SPAK: 3x100kg
    Deep knee bendin': 3 doubles at 105, knee got a little annoyed so stopped.
    chinese rows: 3x15 a side with 40kg
    wide grip pulldowns: 60-55-50x7. These are ****ed up.
    KURLZ: ez bar+20kg 3x8
    planks, +50kg 3x30s

Wore some light knee wraps. good move. Nothin remarkable apart from that. Gonna ice knee this evening and think of adding in some direct ham work at some point.

right.

Cleanx2+1 jerk: 80 for 6 doubles
    power snatch 55 for 4 triples
    HCDLW8SPAK: 3x110kg
    Front squats: 6 doubles at 80
    planks: 50kgx30s, 60kg 2x30s (up to 65 or 70 next time)
    Pressed 60kg for a triple then missed the second of the next double. Bleh

bored and waiting then...

dumbbell bench:
    20sx10, 25sx2x10
    I like these

Close grip bench, 50x8, 60x2x5
    Meh

Steak.

35 km cycle.

Rolled out to Howth hill and climbed the sutton side in 11.21 (on a MTB). Bit of a tailwind. Went up a second time because I'm an idiot, got passed by a whippet on a road bike like I was standing still :P, 12.09 on the second attempt. I'll try it sometime on a road bike and see if I can get sub-10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

35 km cycle.

Rolled out to Howth hill and climbed the sutton side in 11.21 (on a MTB). Bit of a tailwind. Went up a second time because I'm an idiot, got passed by a whippet on a road bike like I was standing still :P, 12.09 on the second attempt. I'll try it sometime on a road bike and see if I can get sub-10.

Endurance gay!

token wrote: »
    Endurance gay!

Sorry, firebreather.

50km cycle around de nort-soide via swords-malahide etc. Took it fairly easy.

Catabolic, bro!

Snatch:
    60x3
    64x3
    68x2
    72x1
    68x2x6
    some misses but retook them immediately afterwards. didn't rest enough between sets. Nothin crazy in there though.

Cleans:
    4 triples 65kg, actually went zach krych on one of these as I was tryin somethin different.

HCDLW8SPAK: 3x110kg Might put more weight on these, eyeballs remained in sockets

back squat
    90x3
    98x3
    105x2
    110x1
    105x1+tweak.
    Stopped there. Bugger, thought the knee was recovering faster than I could damage it. Gonna limit cycling to commuting for the next while. Bad Ed.

Planks, 60-65-65kg 30s holds.

Chinese rows: 40kg, 3x20. More weight next time, Vicious bastarding things!

wide grip pulldown:
    50kg 3x10

KURLOV
    30kg 3x10

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

Hmmm.... I know it's not as much fun, but have you considered NOT going FR for
    awhile to see how your training would go? ;)

supposedly wrote: »
    Hmmm.... I know it's not as much fun, but have you considered NOT going FR for
    awhile to see how your training would go? ;)

No. Never!

Might separate out the assistance and go a little lighter on it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Just nosing around here.

Advertisement