Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If a Zombie war wre to break out

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

28 days later and I am legend had monsters not zombies. Both still had heart beats so they never died and thus never rose.

Zombies are a type of monster... I know it's a bit anal but hey, thats me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

SDooM wrote: »
    Zombies are a type of monster... I know it's a bit anal but hey, thats me.

Humans are monsters too. The term is applicable to nearly any creature if you ask the right person.

Humans are monsters too. The term is applicable to nearly any creature if you ask the right person.

"The term "monster" refers to a being that is a gross exception to the norms of some ecosystem"

Wiki

Human definitely fits in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I think you could sneak aboard an airplane. But then when you arrive what tools are you going to use to fix the TV. I know the sun had everyone out in droves today but I had coffee for breakfast. If he really wanted to be in that film then he would have let the producers know. Surely it's not too mad to pay 6.20 for a pint in town? Nah, don't bother going to ricks anymore, the food is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

well, thanks to the dozens of zombie movies around we know what NOT to do, i.e shoot the lock off a petrol pump handle with a shotgun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

gerk86 wrote: »
    well, thanks to the dozens of zombie movies around we know what NOT to do, i.e shoot the lock off a petrol pump handle with a shotgun.

generally anything that ends with your zombification. however we have learned how to end it all like a hero.
    such as in the dawn of the dead remake (you know what part I am talking about ;)

generally anything that ends with your zombification. however we have learned how to end it all like a hero.
    such as in the dawn of the dead remake (you know what part I am talking about ;)

Girls missing a leg can come in handy, too.

Make sure to have one shraphnel grenage with you. I have a theory that a shrapnel or frag grenade held at head height would kil a good few zombies. Use it as a last stand screaming. "I left the water running!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Fully dead/reanimated zombies may be slow but living people who got infected or bitten aren't. And they'd probably head as far away from the zombies as they could and towards groups of other people where it's "safe".
    We have another advantage though, in that we have instant communications. After the first wave, word would quickly get around and anyone displaying symptoms would have no chance of infecting anyone else. In order for that to be a problem you'd need a long gestation period, no indication that they had been infected, and very rapid onset and resurrection rates. Random strangers wandering in bandaged would not have a chance to do any damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

At least Blonde Wimmins would survive:)

Zombies :rolleyes: only eat Brains :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I suppose it would also depend on whether it starts here or somewhere else. As someone already said, we'd be alright seen as we're an Island. Just close the ports and airports and keep a good eye out for anything trying to get it.

In the case of a boat of survivors from somewhere else there would definitely have to be a quarantine procedure. Someone might be infected that we're unsure of.

Might be a different matter if it started here...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,930 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

28 days later and I am legend had monsters not zombies. Both still had heart beats so they never died and thus never rose.

BUT they still had the same objective;Lunch down on your ass.:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    BUT they still had the same objective;Lunch down on your ass.:eek:

Did they ever actually show anyone getting eaten in 28 days later? I thought those lads were berserker's?

Advertisement