Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

This thread is making me so jealous.
    Any more news on getting a 120hz pcb?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Brian wrote: »
    Can't get all the sticker gunk off the top right though! I've tried both olive oil and whiskey so far.

Try a bit of White Spirits..... just after using a bit on mine there and it all came off in a sec!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Only have meths, not risking that! Going to give olive oil another shot. It's a pain to get off the screen itself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

lads would a single 680 be able to run battlefield 3 at 60 fps(ultra settings) on one of these monitors?
    Or would i need to go sli

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It would depend on the resolution.

At it's native resolution of 2560x1440 I would say yes. It probably won't be rock solid at 67fps and might dip into the 50's and high 40's at times but it will run it. But you will have to disable most forms of AA. And Super-sampling AA is probably out the window at that resolution for real high end games. Maybe x2 if you are lucky.

• Advertisement

I discovered a useful secondary purpose for the monitor while greasing the stabilizers on my keyboard ... up to full brightness on a white background makes it a handy worktop diffuse lamp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Just an update that should be important. I got a letter a few days ago that is a request from Fedex for Import Customs + taxes... :(

its €43.

Bringing my sum total to €320. probably the best €320 ive spent on my PC to be fair though.

two of my friends are ordering these today, so when they arrive ill set up a 6990 + 6970 Trifire eyefinity 7680*1440 monster for ****s and giggles.

EDIT: and take a few pics for my epeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Just an update that should be important. I got a letter a few days ago that is a request from Fedex for Import Customs + taxes... :(

its €43.

Bringing my sum total to €320. probably the best €320 ive spent on my PC to be fair though.

two of my friends are ordering these today, so when they arrive ill set up a 6990 + 6970 Trifire eyefinity 7680*1440 monster for ****s and giggles.

maybe even film it on your phone or something? put up on youtube as private video just for us. would be interesting to see.

sure. biggest problem is finding a desk that's big enough for all 3. even the kitchen table might be too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Tea_Bag wrote: »

its €43.

Daycent idea Tea_bag, can't wait to see that:cool:

Your single screen might look a bit lonely when the other screens are gone....

• Advertisement

Are you guys using calibration profiles?

there are a few profiles online for these, but I found my blacks to be perfectly black, and whites brilliantly white, and I cant see anything wrong in-between, so basically, no :P

My blacks are too dark :| makes everything all vivid and contrasty looking but hard to see detail in dark images.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭M00lers

My blacks are too dark :| makes everything all vivid and contrasty looking but hard to see detail in dark images.

Can't you just up your brightness setting a notch or two?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

there are several variations of the monitor. Achivia, catleap, crossover, and a few lesser desirable brands.

monitors are arriving Monday I think, and I've exams on Tuesday, so it'll be Wednesday at the soonest, or NTMK will stick some up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So it appears this thread was a pull of another, where I assume an explanation was giving as to what the fuss is about.

I assume its some epicly clear amazing quality or something ?

TheDoc wrote: »
    So it appears this thread was a pull of another, where I assume an explanation was giving as to what the fuss is about.

I assume its some epicly clear amazing quality or something ?
    you mean besides being 27" S-IPS 2560*1440p resolution?

its the same panel used in the Dell u2711 and the Apple Cinema Display, the latter costing €1k+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

A few pic's would be great, can someone with a catleap give a look at how its assembled-with a view to removing the outer casing? Is it screwed together or permanently bonded/glued?

Thanks lads.

I've got the glad eye for new mon's lately:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

which has the best stand? I hear crossover?

• Advertisement

Yeah, but it's pretty easy to replace the one on the Catleap and I think that's the only one that has been confirmed to overclock.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Can't compare to the crossover cause I've never seen it, but the one on the catleap is fairly sh1te. It does the job like, but slightest bump to the desk and it wobbles like a plate of jelly!

Did you overclock yours? To what? Do they all OC?

glynf wrote: »
    A few pic's would be great, can someone with a catleap give a look at how its assembled-with a view to removing the outer casing? Is it screwed together or permanently bonded/glued?

Thanks lads.

I've got the glad eye for new mon's lately:)

everything you want to know is in this thread. I'd take pics myself but I don't have my DSLR so they'd be ****.

www.overclock.net/t/1225919/yamakasi-catleap-monitor-club

correct.
    Yeah, but it's pretty easy to replace the one on the Catleap and I think that's the only one that has been confirmed to overclock.

correct, which is why I bought it. the crossover is also far more expensive.
    stevenf17 wrote: »
    Can't compare to the crossover cause I've never seen it, but the one on the catleap is fairly sh1te. It does the job like, but slightest bump to the desk and it wobbles like a plate of jelly!

its not great, but its not unbearable. mine won't wobble during gaming, but with music + lots of bass, it'll wobble in rhyme :D

Did you overclock yours? To what? Do they all OC?

Nope, we're waiting for OC PCBs to be manufactured.

none of the monitors made this month will OC past 67Hz due to a small PCB being replaced. Some guys are talking to factories to reproduce the magic PCB, but its difficult to translate, make, and keep it cost effective. the idea is to be under $50 delivered.

the OC panel allows both nvidia and AMD cards to run the monitors at 125Hz.

That would be sweeet. Couldn't go back under 120 now, my eyes would hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

These need beefy GPU's?

Think I've got a 560TI Nvidia

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

These need beefy GPU's?

It depends what you plan to do with it, if gaming, then you want a good gpu with around 2gb VRAM m8.

• Advertisement

These need beefy GPU's?

they're four times the resolution of 720p

for stuff like TF2 Brian gets decent fps with a 6850 on dx9 mods etc.

I play BF3 on ultra with 2x MSAA and get a steady 70fps average with a HD6990-OC, you're 560Ti will do about 30fps under the same settings.

Advertisement