Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

• 20-06-2012 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

MOD EDIT: CLICK HERE TO READ POST #291

All

Just an FYI
    Part of Ulsterbank's back end systems are down.

Payments of any description to and from Ulsterbank accounts are not working and account balances are not up to date.

The problem is nationwide on both sides of the boarder.

Problem occurred during the night but was only picked up by Ulsterbank at 8am this morning.

Ulsterbank do not know when the issue will be resolved.

Regards
    G.

EDIT:
    They have only now updated their website:
    Customer Information

**NEW**
    We're currently experiencing some technical issues which means that account balances are not up to date and some of our online services are currently unavailable. We are working hard to fix this and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭thebourke

virus attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Any update on this peeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

what happens to regular payments in and out on a wensday ? will they still show up once this issue is fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Still issues.

There is no change to reg payments etc, only online effected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Hmmm...does that mean my salary will be in? Not seeing it at the ATM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Has caused embarrassment to people expecting money today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I am having Ulster bank rage.

It's not just payments, every fecking thing is affected.

I was waiting on a replacement debit card, got it to today, tried to activate it online - "Sorry this service is temporarily unavailable'.

Went in to my branch to take money out, 'Sorry the system that lets us do that is not working'. Me 'So I can't even get money out of my account?'
    Teller 'Well you can at the ATM". Me 'Well I can't because my card isnt activated and it wont let me do it onlne. Can you activate my card here '.

Teller: "Sorry our system that's let us do that is down'.

Me: Rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't even get any money out for food!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jg72

It is an unbelievably **** position! Was talking to a customer care person and they said UB are running their system routine between 1-3 am ... Hopefully it goes off without a hitch

• Registered Users Posts: 26 thebadmonkey

ATM wasn't working either. Their customer care team were pretty abrupt as well which didn't help the mood. That said, given the abuse they have probably had to put up with I guess I can understand.

What's really frustrating me is the fact that they are quite happy to send out text me about various things but they have zero interest in keeping their customers updated. No regular updates on their site, no estimated ETA, nothing. Incredibly poor. The way they have downplayed it is also ridiculous. .. "some services are unavailable"....pfffft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Ulster Bank the most incompetent organisation I have ever had contact with. Only joined a month ago and the list of things that have gone wrong, people not knowing procedures, giving conflicting advice or even wrong advice, nothing surprises me at this stage even after a month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I am having Ulster bank rage.

It's not just payments, every fecking thing is affected.

I was waiting on a replacement debit card, got it to today, tried to activate it online - "Sorry this service is temporarily unavailable'.

Went in to my branch to take money out, 'Sorry the system that lets us do that is not working'. Me 'So I can't even get money out of my account?'
    Teller 'Well you can at the ATM". Me 'Well I can't because my card isnt activated and it wont let me do it onlne. Can you activate my card here '.

Teller: "Sorry our system that's let us do that is down'.

Me: Rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't even get any money out for food!!!!!

Money was available in branch so not sure what happened there. Still, good have done a far better job keeping folks informed of what was happening.

Money was available in branch so not sure what happened there. Still, good have done a far better job keeping folks informed of what was happening.

I called into the branch around one pm (midlands) and he said the system that lets us withdraw money over the counter wasn't working then. He said they were literally only taking lodgements.

And then when I was at the ATM trying my card as the guy on the customer service on the phone said to try it once, the woman in front of me was exclaiming that she had selected 40 euro and had only received 20 euro.

What could have affected the bank at such a large level?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ould wan

This has left me without any petrol stranded great...they will hear about it tomorrow, maybe they will compensate us :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

A large stink needs creating.

I have heard of people being forced to leave shopping behind due to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

"ULSTER BANK was last night unable to say when it would resolve a technical glitch that saw automated payments failing to appear in customer accounts.. . . . . The bank said it was “too early to comment” on whether the issues would affect last night’s scheduled overnight payments."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2012/0621/1224318358572.html

Seriously reconsidering keeping my newly opened account with them after this.
    I have had nothing but issues with them since i tried to "switch" my account to them last month, which resulted in them switching absolutely nothing- received an email today to say that the person who dealt with it was moved to a different dept in the bank and was supposed to pass on all outstanding paperwork etc but mine wasn't passed on. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

My wages still havent gone in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

its a total joke at this stage, how are you supposed to run a business,things are hard enough as it is with out the internet banking being down ffs

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Absolute joke, just when you think the banks couldn't possibly fúck up even more than they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Ferrakins

ive half a mind to send my branch in an invoice for 12.70EUR seeing as they have no problem docking it from my account if theres not enough there to pay a direct debit. whats good for the goose is good for the gander

edit just to add, they are lucky id enough for smokes this morning or id be going down like a bear with a sore head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

anyone got any news

Most recent update on RTE:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0621/ulster-bank-technology.html

"Ulster Bank has said that some payments to customers and Social Welfare claimants may not be paid until tomorrow as it continues to try to solve technical problems."

What a Joke!
    My payment shows up now on the account summary page but not in the recent transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i am on bankline-business account- and i cant even get in to see my transactions

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Hi, my mortgage is due out today. My weekly wages are also due in. I cannot see my wages in my Ulster bank a/c this morning. Is the money actually there and I just can't see it? Will I be handed a penalty from Mortgage (PTSB) is they cannot get the money from Ulster? I really cannot believe this fiasco. Surely in this day and age they have some sort of redundancy built into their IT infrastructure?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Wages not there this morning - they are processed on Thursdays for me so the whole "will be processed by tomorrow" on the news yesterday was a crock of s**t. Beyond unacceptable really...

Lanshane wrote: »
    Hi, my mortgage is due out today. My weekly wages are also due in. I cannot see my wages in my Ulster bank a/c this morning. Is the money actually there and I just can't see it? Will I be handed a penalty from Mortgage (PTSB) is they cannot get the money from Ulster? I really cannot believe this fiasco. Surely in this day and age they have some sort of redundancy built into their IT infrastructure?

From the irish times link i put up in post#18 "No customer would be “disadvantaged in this issue as a result” of the error, a spokeswoman said.It is understood this meant that customers whose delayed wage payments affected their mortgage payments would not be penalised by the bank."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Does anyone know if the HSE use Ulster Bank? I bank with NIB and was due to be paid today and nothing has gone into my account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Just off with customer services there, 12 minutes, including wait time.
    They must be getting hammered.

They can't advise when they expect it back, just keep checking online banking, but the representative did say that the bank would compensate for any inconvenience, so i take that to mean if you have standing orders etc that aren't paid the fee may be waived, or you miss a DD with another company UB will refund that for you.

Frustrating to say the least, but these things happen sometimes unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

sofireland wrote: »
    Just off with customer services there, 12 minutes, including wait time.
    They must be getting hammered.

They can't advise when they expect it back, just keep checking online banking, but the representative did say that the bank would compensate for any inconvenience, so i take that to mean if you have standing orders etc that aren't paid the fee may be waived, or you miss a DD with another company UB will refund that for you.

Frustrating to say the least, but these things happen sometimes unfortunately

In fairness, if their automated telephone system or website gave you a bit of info, they might not have to deal with so many irate customers. Thats what makes it so frustrating.

Thanks for the update.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement