Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars is crap

1235»

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

episodes 1,2,3 are crap
    i waited years to see more Vader force choking awesomeness and all i got was a boy named annie, an emo teenager and then 10 seconds of Vader looking out a window. fuk u george lucas
    Sigh. Let me repost this, as clearly, you did not get this the first time.
    Sigh. The one thing that bothers me most about the fanbase is that IT'S BEEN 13 YEARS SINCE EP. 1 RELEASED AND YOU STILL WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT HOW BAD IT WAS! I mean, there's holding something dear to your heart, but there are times where you just have to let it go. But at this point, I just flat out don't care about the series anymore. All this whining and whining about Lucas supposedly "ruining" the original trilogy with his special editions (they're his property, he can do what he likes) and the whole prequel problem. Yeah, thanks a lot for putting me off the series, "fans".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Type "telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl" into a command line, same thing but in a goddamn command line!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭someuser905

No. Get a life nerds
    episodes 1,2,3 are crap
    i waited years to see more Vader force choking awesomeness and all i got was a boy named annie, an emo teenager and then 10 seconds of Vader looking out a window. fuk u george lucas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

episodes 1,2,3 are crap

I was more disappointed with the flat shots and a script that appeared to be written by a 13 year old autistic child.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

No. Get a life nerds
    RichieC wrote: »
    I was more disappointed with the flat shots and a script that appeared to be written by a 13 year old autistic child.

I think Lucas wrote one draft of the script over the weekend, it tells you volumes that he thinks Empire is the worst SW movie as its "boring". pffff, man wouldnt know a good script if it smacked him in the face, Lucas is a great ideas man, very creative and a good producer, but as a writer he's appalling. he can direct technical stuff but not people, Liam Neeson almost quit acting after Episode 1 if that was the future of movie making.

Ahhh yes, another case of not dealing with the movies being out there, while the regular users, having to listen constantly for 13 years the bitching and moaning about how Episode 1 ruined Star Wars for them and how the other 2 episodes of the trilogy only made it worse for them. If you cannot accept the fact that the prequel trilogy was sub par, then I cannot see how you can accept anything in life after shouting about it for so long. It's not like that the original trilogy had its own problems. I mean is one gungan really as bad as an army of ewoks who were able to take out an entire stormtrooper army?

Oh wait...this is a Star Wars thread. Anyone who is a true fan knows that the original trilogy is perfect in every single way imaginable , while the prequels are the spawn of Satan.
    RichieC wrote: »
    Hmmm, autism jokes and Star Wars...After Hours, everyone.
    krudler wrote: »
    I think Lucas wrote one draft of the script over the weekend, it tells you volumes that he thinks Empire is the worst SW movie as its "boring". pffff, man wouldnt know a good script if it smacked him in the face, Lucas is a great ideas man, very creative and a good producer, but as a writer he's appalling. he can direct technical stuff but not people, Liam Neeson almost quit acting after Episode 1 if that was the future of movie making.
    This I can, at least in some ways, get behind. He's a good story writer, but he's just not good at putting it down himself. And to people who thought that he went too far with the actors in Episode 1, do you realise that Harrison Ford almost because of it and that the only reason why Obi Wan was struck down in Ep. 4 for the same reason. I'd say if he had less control over the trilogy, he might have put out something that might have been equal or maybe better than the originals, but I think that might be taking it too far.

I also think the fact that Empire was his least fave out of the originals may have more to do with him having the least control over it, but that's a story for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

No. Get a life nerds
    I love how the first movie according to george was for kids. Because kids just love the politics behind a trade embargo.
    My 3 year old nephew cant get enough of embargo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Whatever about the merits 'for' or 'against' the Star Wars saga.

I went to the 'Invasion Dublin' event @ Citywest today,my first experience of a convention type affair of this kind and my last! What an absolute load of shyte! I can't believe I fell for the bull they printed on the flyers and on the website!

If your planning on going, I suggest saving your hard earned for something more worthy,if you've already been - I feel your pain!

I'm now off to watch the originals to wash the memory of today out of my mind!

(2) Thanks from: Canis Lupus, Temptamperu

Yup, says a lot about internet Star Wars fans in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

The new ones are total crap. The old ones however were epic.

Sith was decent, Jedi was cack (apart from the final Death Star fight). While I do think the prequels were sub par, they weren't childhood raping bad (judging from the reactions from the thread and where else), but that doesn't mean that the originals were perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

No. Get a life nerds
    (2) Thanks from: Canis Lupus, Temptamperu

Yup, says a lot about internet Star Wars fans in general.

what does?

krudler wrote: »
    what does?
    Just having 2 people thanking someone for comparing Lucas' writing of the prequels to that of a child with autism. It's more or less that it angers me that some fans are really this bitter in their disappointment of them. I mean, I know they were poor (well, 2 of them), but that is just too far.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Atari. References to old consoles matter more to me
    Oh wait...this is a Star Wars thread. Anyone who is a true fan knows that the original trilogy is perfect in every single way imaginable , while the prequels are the spawn of Satan.
    For me the last of the prequels especially after the mid point of the flick was vastly superior to the last Return of the Jedi of the originals. That was beyond crap IMH. Made for TV Star Wars xmas special* with a slightly bigger budget.

*have ye ever seen that? Oh god. Cringe..:o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You know what else is crap? The Big Lebowski! I seriously think people only like this movie because they think other people do and they feel they should!

"The Dude abides.......". The Dude can suck my balls!
    Yeah I can't understand the love for that film. Haven't seen it in years though so might change my mind if I watched it again - generally I really like the Coens.
    Star Wars - never seen any of them. I'm not particularly sold on what I do know of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

but that is just too far.

Because they made a joke about autism or because they criticised your beloved franchise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Just having 2 people thanking someone for comparing Lucas' writing of the prequels to that of a child with autism.

Unfair comparison, when the writing is clearly closer to that of a child with downs.

Wibbs wrote: »
    For me the last of the prequels especially after the mid point of the flick was vastly superior to the last Return of the Jedi of the originals. That was beyond crap IMH. Made for TV Star Wars xmas special* with a slightly bigger budget.

Yeah, on YouTube. I guess if we ever get into a discussion on what is truly the worst thing about Star Wars, at least it won't be the prequels.

Also, I think the animated segment of the special is actually on the extras on the Star Wars BD collection.

Stark wrote: »
    Because they made a joke about autism or because they criticised your beloved franchise?
    Who said that I believe that it's beloved in my eyes?

It's more or less because the fans are just so bitter about it that they would make the joke. I mean, how long until they make jokes saying that they would round up people who like the prequels and exterminate them?
    mikom wrote: »
    Unfair comparison, when the writing is clearly closer to that of a child with downs.
    Are you sure? It seems to be more that of a fanfic writer moving on from his or her sexual LotR romp.

Well we needed a little light humour in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Well we needed a little light humour in this thread.
    Yes we do. That, and we need more real information instead of this random opinion waffle. I have given you the spin-off that gave us the unforgettable 4-Q-2

All I ask in return is a link to the parody that changed R2D2's name to 'BarStool'. This is really important to me now for some strange reason.

If you are familiar with THX1138 you could be forgiven for thinking that Lucas tried serious si-fi and when it didn't work (ie went over the heads of the great unwashed movie going public) he decided to go with the flow (over to the dark side) and direct the sort of crap that people would actually watch. That is how we got Star Wars.

For all it's weaknesses Star Wars was a game changer in the movie business. There are doubtless many si-fi themed movies that would never have been made or seen if Lucas hadn't show the way.

Please correct me if you think I'm wrong.

mbur wrote: »
    Yes we do. That, and we need more real information instead of this random opinion waffle. I have given you the spin-off that gave us the unforgettable 4-Q-2
    Why can't I help but imagine that this was an early pitch of Spaceballs, with Mel Brooks using a pseudonym?
    mbur wrote: »
    All I ask in return is a link to the parody that changed R2D2's name to 'BarStool'. This is really important to me now for some strange reason.
    Sorry, but I haven't really followed Star Wars parodies, save for Spaceballs, the Robot Chicken ones and the first Family Guy one. But if someone would give me the title, I'll gladly search for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Absolutely.
    It's a pile of shíte. My main problem with it is, they can build spaceships and laser cannons and all this amazing advanced technology, yet they choose to fight with fúcking sticks?:confused::confused::confused:

Stand 50 metres away and shoot the bollox, don't get so close as he can hit you with a stick! How retarded is that.

Blasters are unreliable; light-sabers are more deadly when fought with using the FORCE!

That's the whole point of them. :rolleyes:
    They're a shower of stick fighting cock smokers is what they are. And what's the deal with that little gremlin looking fúcker, he's supposed to be the oldest wisest gremlin in the whole universe, or some such ballsology and yet his english is worse than Trapatonis! Play well, will dunne if correctly shoulders heals.
    Where's my god damn fighting stick!!

That's because he's so intune with the force he has a minor foresight that makes him talk like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd reckon that the notion of the Star Wars universe is wonderfully compelling(IMHO sooooo better than LOTR), but that for the most part it's execution is lacking. The idea is better than the "reality". Like meeting the most gorgeous woman you've ever seen* and the disappointment of discovering she's lacklustre in conversation, in bed and in soul. That I reckon is the disconnect with both fans and folks on the sidelines. Lucas came up with a bloody brilliant idea, but the description of that idea has fallen flat more than it hasn't. After all who wouldn't want to be a Jedi Knight with a fcuking laser sword FFS, or the pilot of a souped up space van with a Wookie for a co-pilot. Sign me the fcuk up. Though I'm probably more on the dark side. :D

*if you're a bloke or a woman who digs this sort of thing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Wibbs wrote: »
    Made for TV Star Wars xmas special* with a slightly bigger budget.

maybe we'll see a Special edition of it re-released with more GCI ?

:P