Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amazon.co.uk questions

• 24-05-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

has anyone here bought from amazon?
    the site is dreadful and very cluttered.
    im trying to buy the tritton ax720's

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tritton-AX-Headset-Digital-Surround/dp/B002ZS6Y64/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1306253443&sr=8-3

but i keep gettin this message with no explanation as to why it cant be shipped.

We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. Learn more
    Changed quantities? Press
    To delete an item change quantity to 0.

has anyone ordered from them before? if so, what is shippin policy's to ireland and how much?

cheers in advance.:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Amazon do ship to Ireland but your item isn't being sold by Amazon directly. It's been sold by a 3rd party (Chiwawauk) who pay Amazon a fee to sell their gear on their site. It's them who won't ship to Ireland.

EDIT - Just noted it's 'fulfilled by Amazon' which means Amazon do the shipping so i don't know what's going on. I still think it is something to do with the 3rd party seller though

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jpmiddleton

Amazon do ship to Ireland but your item isn't being sold by Amazon directly. It's been sold by a 3rd party (Chiwawauk) who pay Amazon a fee to sell their gear on their site. It's them who won't ship to Ireland.

EDIT - Just noted it's 'fulfilled by Amazon' which means Amazon do the shipping so i don't know what's going on. I still think it is something to do with the 3rd party seller though

Even when Amazon do the shipping it is still up to the 3rd party as to whether they deliver to ROI or not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

A lot of items on amazon show the cheapest listing as the main one.
    If you click on new available ,sometimes amazon's item will be hidden because they are more expensive.

I notice that your item is sold by amazon ,click on new available link under the item.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    A lot of items on amazon show the cheapest listing as the main one.
    If you click on new available ,sometimes amazon's item will be hidden because they are more expensive.

I notice that your item is sold by amazon ,click on new available link under the item.

Even by doing this it still isn;t possible, it is just due to the type of product, not all things can be posted to Ireland.

Check the link below for more info' http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=ox_multi_address_shipping_restriction_help?ie=UTF8&nodeId=524836&pop-up=1

Even by doing this it still isn;t possible, it is just due to the type of product, not all things can be posted to Ireland.

Check the link below for more info' http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=ox_multi_address_shipping_restriction_help?ie=UTF8&nodeId=524836&pop-up=1

I just added the phones to my account and order went as far as credit card payment.

Check this LINK ,fourth item listing.

• Advertisement

I just added the phones to my account and order went as far as credit card payment.

Actually, I just tried again and had no problem this time with that option.

Actually, I just tried again and had no problem this time with that option.

It's always worth trying to buy a product on amazon ,I know they don't ship mp3 players. But they change their policies every now and again;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭diddly3000

perfect thanks for clearin that up. first time on the site didn't realise it was similar to e-bay:)

i did the same thing cheers m8

It's always worth trying to buy a product on amazon ,I know they don't ship mp3 players. But they change their policies every now and again;)

Do you know why they do this? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

• Advertisement

Do you know why they do this? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

I don't ,they seem to review their goods every now and again. Sometimes they stop shipping things and vice versa.
    Recently people posted on bargain alerts about large TV's being shipped:)

do they ship phones to ireland?
    its a dreadful site to navigate imo needs a tidy up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

Amazon is very cluttered, try using an Amazon affiliate site like http://store.digitaldomain.ie

That's a really nice one to browse and you can also do price tracking and save products for later etc.

It's mostly just computers, software and electronics that they do on that site...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,756 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im a huge fan of amazon from their cheap prices to the excellent postage speed, the best online retailer around

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Headshot wrote: »
    Im a huge fan of amazon from their cheap prices to the excellent postage speed, the best online retailer around

Ditto that, they're my first stop whenever I'm looking for anything, gotta love the range of goods they have on offer. Have no difficulty navigating the site either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Mactard wrote: »
    Ditto that, they're my first stop whenever I'm looking for anything, gotta love the range of goods they have on offer. Have no difficulty navigating the site either.
    The Laptop section is a pain to wade through.

diddly3000 wrote: »
    do they ship phones to ireland?
    its a dreadful site to navigate imo needs a tidy up lol

Theres certain things that make amazon a great site. If you have a problem with something ,they send you a new item straight away free of charge and they wait for you to return the faulty goods( they give you 28days to ship stuff back).
    They refund you the postage costs within 24 hours of them recieving the item.

I've had to return goods a couple of times and they make it extremely easy to.

Advertisement