Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glee 3x10-" Yes/No" [**SPOILERS**]

• 13-01-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/12/glee-scoop-proposal-episode/

The episode opens with Sam and Mercedes taking lead on “Summer Lovin’” from Grease; Santana and Kurt, naturally, both take on the catty Rizzo portions.
    Helen Mirren voices the internal monologue of one of the characters and it’s AH-MAZING.
    Emma sings “Marry Me Will” with back-up assistance from Beiste and Sue; it’s the weirdest girl group EVER.
    NeNe Leakes from The Real Housewives of Atlanta makes her first appearance as the swim team coach Roz Washington. Her initial introduction to Sam is laugh-out loud hilarious.
    There’s a gratuitous Chord Overstreet bathing suit moment. You’re welcome.
    Finn contemplates joining the army which brings up a secret from his past and the return of his mom and Burt Hummel.
    The boys of New Directions’ take on Maroon 5′s “Moves Like Jagger.”
    Will is in a tank top. You’re welcome.
    You see Emma in her wedding dress complete with bridesmaids… who are somewhat of a surprise.
    Becky decides that she’s going to make Artie her boyfriend.
    Rachel, Mercedes, Santana, and Tina perform Roberta Flack’s “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,” and one of them reveals that she may in fact be in love with someone who’s not her current significant other.
    Emma’s horrible ginger-loving parents show back up.
    Emma gives an emotional, heart-wrenching speech to Will about their future together.
    Rachel sings a cover of David Guetta’s and Usher’s “Without You” to Finn.
    The entire cast is involved in a climactic version of Rihanna’s “We Found Love” that is both exhilarating, romantic, and emotional.

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Just watch the episode online there and thought
    that the proposal to Emma was very well done, something completely different
    but the biggest thing of the episode which had me shocked anyway was
    Finn proposing to Rachel!!!!!!! :eek: I have a feeling that she will refuse because she got her NYATA letter in the post and she is going

Enjoyed the episode, good choice of songs and a very important social aspect running through the episode concering Becky and Artie - nice touch with Helen Mirren alright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well wasn't expecting finn to propose to rachel last night, but love rachel's version of without you. i have a feeling she might accept, but not say yes right away. big step considering there in high school

good show last night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Favourite episode of the season, the fact i'm commenting proves same as i haven't even discussed the last several eps., liked all the music and performances. Loved the Becky stuff...could have done without Mirren, pure unneeded stunt.

I teared up during the proposal.....3.5/5

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Certainly at the beginning, I thought this show is just a Saccharin, rehashing old pop song factory of cheese and consumerism; a shell of what it was and could have been.

Then Mirren started speaking as Becky's inner monologue... and a focus on Becky. The thing that made this show have potential was that it was about the outsiders and the different people - my main worry was that this show was capitalising on its fame and becoming the exact thing that Murphy wanted to rebel against.

One thing I noticed (but could be wrong) it used to be that when people sang, everyone knew they were singing/performing - but I've noticed in this season that a lot of the songs seem to be dream sequences/fantasy things. Am I correct in noticing this?
    PS: loved Beiste and Sue as the royal cousins with the hats!

I have to say, the Sam/Mercedes thing seems really wrong, the actors don't click and their relationship is just not believable.

It's nice to see Lea Michelle put a bit of weight back on; she was looking a bit thin, but she looked pretty good during the swim scene. Noticed a lack of lots of characters this week (in the episode but with no speaking parts) - wonder if Murphy is preparing for us to say goodbye to a few graduating characters soon. I don't know why, but I don't think he'll save that for the finale for some reason.

Will/Finn bromance is slightly odd. Rachel's song "without you" was the best of the week IMO. The bi-polar Sue thing is getting really old though; they need to decide whether she is a good guy or a bad guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I really liked this episode. The whole "Will has no adult friends" is really really creepy though, in my opinion.

I'm torn about the Becky thing, I love her, and the actress is great. I just have a horrible suspicion that they got Mirren (who I LOVE) to do her inner monologue because they felt a lot of people wouldn't understand it if the actress spoke it. Maybe I'm mis-judging that though, and I think the whole Down Syndrome storyline is great. "My Mom says I have Get-Down Syndrome." Hehehe.

Lea Michele gets hotter every time I see her. Her voice gives me chills, and I'm liking her character more and more this season. She's become a lot more human since they mellowed her out and got some of the other students to be friends with her. I HATE her and Finn together though, tey have zero chemistry if you ask me.

I like Sue, if you look at the last few episodes, since she lost to Burt in the election she's been very mellow and nice. I like her that way- still scathing, but believably so. Her sisters death has facilitated a change in her character, which is good to see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I thought the Helen Mirren thing was very interesting as a message for all people, not just people with Down Syndrome - reminded me of something that we did last week in college about each person having two persona, one idealised one that looks and sounds like who we want, in Becky's case a posh English woman, and the real person. The whole Down Syndome thing is a real great storyline to put across as well.

I agree with baby and crumble, the whole Will has no adult friends is very weird for a teacher tbh!
    Favourite episode of the season, the fact i'm commenting proves same as i haven't even discussed the last several eps., liked all the music and performances. Loved the Becky stuff...could have done without Mirren, pure unneeded stunt.

I teared up during the proposal.....3.5/5

You weren't the only one!!!

How many episodes has Damien been in now - I presume its still only a seven episode part?

Just googled it - his seven episode arc has been extended! :D

I

How many episodes has Damien been in now - I presume its still only a seven episode part?

Just googled it - his seven episode arc has been extended! :D

Oh God no. He's terrible. Well, better than me but he seriously can't act!

Oh God no. He's terrible. Well, better than me but he seriously can't act!

Lyndsey Pearce proved the girl can not only sing....but act!, her two episodes have had more impact then all of those Project Glee kids together!
    They'd be idiots no to give her a full contract for next season!!!!!!!!

I really liked this episode. The whole "Will has no adult friends" is really really creepy though, in my opinion.

I'm torn about the Becky thing, I love her, and the actress is great. I just have a horrible suspicion that they got Mirren (who I LOVE) to do her inner monologue because they felt a lot of people wouldn't understand it if the actress spoke it. Maybe I'm mis-judging that though, and I think the whole Down Syndrome storyline is great. "My Mom says I have Get-Down Syndrome." Hehehe.

Lea Michele gets hotter every time I see her. Her voice gives me chills, and I'm liking her character more and more this season. She's become a lot more human since they mellowed her out and got some of the other students to be friends with her. I HATE her and Finn together though, tey have zero chemistry if you ask me.

I like Sue, if you look at the last few episodes, since she lost to Burt in the election she's been very mellow and nice. I like her that way- still scathing, but believably so. Her sisters death has facilitated a change in her character, which is good to see...

Yeah...but Lea's "cry on command" really annoys me :rolleyes:

Lyndsey Pearce proved the girl can not only sing....but act!, her two episodes have had more impact then all of those Project Glee kids together!
    They'd be idiots no to give her a full contract for next season!!!!!!!!

Is that the really annoying girl who was the main one in the group that came 3rd at sectionals?

hated her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement