Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First grey hair and lack of motivation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Thanks Anne first one alright great excitement. Might make the Dublin Marathon a bit tricky but should be okay time wise

Thanks Nules he/she should be due mid November. Seems like ages away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Ahh Nice just in time for Christmas. It will fly in Dave. Make sure you are extra nice to the missus now :)

Nules10 wrote: »
    Ahh Nice just in time for Christmas. It will fly in Dave. Make sure you are extra nice to the missus now :)

Ha whatever. I always do:D

Good day at the office but the weather didn't exactly play is part.
    Felt very strong in the first 2 miles and I knew I could break the 50 minutes mark. Then mile 3 this has to be the longest road I have ever ran it just never seemed to end and then the wind which seemed to be going straight across us brought my pace right back. Once we left there I managed to control the breathing and make the final push
    Crossed the line in a new record of 48.17 and a new p.b by 2 minutes

Mile 1- 7.36
    Mile 2- 7.47
    Mile 3- 7.52
    Mile 4- 8.02
    Mile 5- 8.07
    Mile 6- 7.57

• Advertisement

Nice one dave. awful day for it alright and i am sure if conditions were better you would have shaved a bit more off that time. Well done

Thanks Nules yeah definitely think I could have gone another 1 - 1.30 minute quicker but that's for another day.

One lesson learned today never wear new shorts I can hardly walk now with the chafing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Excellent running Dave. Well done, reward yourself with copious amounts is sudocream!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Dave were ye not listen in class last year when Ray said not to try anything new on race day;)

Congrats on the PB, the times are coming down nicely for you now.....well done!!!

next PB will be the Half...whats you current half time and whats the aim?

scriba wrote: »
    Excellent running Dave. Well done, reward yourself with copious amounts is sudocream!
    Thanks Scriba. I swear to god I am walking like John Wyane.;). Nearly had a bath in it earlier on.

• Advertisement

Younganne wrote: »
    Dave were ye not listen in class last year when Ray said not to try anything new on race day;)

Congrats on the PB, the times are coming down nicely for you now.....well done!!!

next PB will be the Half...whats you current half time and whats the aim?

Thanks Anne, that's one thing you should stress to all over at marathon 2012 I am in a bad way here :D:D:D:D

Starting to see nice improvements in my times alright. All this club training might just be working.

Half marathon time at the moment is 1.50 hope for maybe a 1.48 in Ballina and a 1.43 for the year. Probably wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

next time
    cube_face_original_antichafe.jpg

I wouldn't mind but I am usually very good at putting on loads of vasaline. The one bloody day

you live an learn!!! how did the back hold out Dave?? i bet with the chafting you forgot about the back;)

Back was sound got the good wife to give it a rub. Had a really good warm up and cool down

Back to the grindstone and another rubbish day for running. Seems to be the tone for these last few weeks can the weather get any worse a foreign holiday/warm weather training is looking more likely.

Anyway 4.5 miles done at 8.55 pace in 40.00

Did not enjoy this one bit, my breathing was all over the place and the legs felt like lead.

So have booked a massage for next Monday.

Mile 1 - 9.22
    Mile 2 - 8.56
    Mile 3 - 9.16
    Mile 4 - 8.47
    Mile 5 - 3.41

Not feeling the best lately so not getting much done.
    Got 2 walks in today. Probably wont get any runs done before Tuesday the only problem is I have the half marathon next weekend. Not to sure If I will do it yet. Just wondering is there anyone that could help what should I do training wise next week. I probably have not done enough training to push for a pb and the way I am feeling its going to be hard to finish.

Just go out and enjoy the race Dave. forget about the PB for this one. Do it as an LSR. And sure you never know what might happen on the day.... something just might click. If it does it does if it doesn't there is always the next race. As regards what training to do next week... i haven't a clue... anne can answer that one ;)

:Dyou called Nules!!

Dave if you want to use it like a taper week it won't do you any harm as you have been doing great running lately. if you can get a LSR up to 12m this weekend go for it, if not, no stress, as for next week go for 5 ish on Tuesday, similar with maybe 1 or 2 m at HM Pace, easy 3m Thur and slow trot of 1 or 2 mile on Sat, race on sunday....something like that but your overall fitness won't change in a week

As for the race, go with how you feel on the day...plenty of time for PB if it doesn't happen next week!!

:D That was quick Anne

• Advertisement

Nules10 wrote: »
    :D That was quick Anne
    :D you'll get your moneys worth out of me:eek:

Super quick.

Thanks both of ye. Cant see the 12 happening this weekend just don't have the will to do it. Going to try this next week
    Monday - 3 mile
    Tues- 5 mile
    Wednesday - 5 mile - 2 miles at half marathon pace
    Thursday 2 miles.
    Saturday - 13.1

Do what you can Dave. But the half might be just what you need... go out a run for a bit... great for head space. I left all my troubles in the park today for someone else to pick them up.... just hope its not anne :D

Yeah went out for a walk today and found it great. Might try a run on Sunday its been a long week cant wait to get back to normality.

i won't be running there till Tuesday so they'll be long gone by then...hopefully...:D

Dave just do what you can and it will all fall back into place when its ready too....don't worry too much about it for now

Go for a run sunday. leve the watch behind pop on some music and away you go. it will make you feel alot better then come home and tuck into a sunday roast ;)

Might go for a few pints tomorrow night first then run and then roast.:D:D

Might go for a few pints tomorrow night first then run and then roast.:D:D

:D That could work too

Dave, Don't foget to take the High 5 Zero before you go (running not drinking:D)

• Advertisement

Younganne wrote: »
    Dave, Don't foget to take the High 5 Zero before you go (running not drinking:D)
    I find taking the high5 tabs in water just before you go to bed after a night of drinking also works wonders :D
    I am in no way advocating excessive drinking though

Advertisement