Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    Does anyone have any codes like this for the hollister website ??

They don't exist unfortunately. The Abercrombie owned shops (Abercrombie, Hollister and Ruehl) don't give out discount codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

johnfás wrote: »
    They don't exist unfortunately. The Abercrombie owned shops (Abercrombie, Hollister and Ruehl) don't give out discount codes.

hate that. just out of curiosity where (or how) did/do you get the discount codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AdrianC

Makaveli wrote: »
    I spent just over $200 including shipping and had to pay €56 customs. The majority of that is VAT.

How was the calculated? What was the breakdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

if you sign up for their email alerts you get a code for free shipping when you spend over $50

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

johnfás wrote: »
    online code: 29118414
    15% off
    Expires 25/3/08

Thanks for posting this. Much appreciated. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

what determines the shipping going from 30 to 60 .. is it weight, price or no. of items?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

fifib wrote: »
    if you sign up for their email alerts you get a code for free shipping when you spend over $50

even on international orders ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

zod wrote: »
    what determines the shipping going from 30 to 60 .. is it weight, price or no. of items?

It happens when the value of goods exceeds 50bucks there are loads of levels check their site think its 60 for 50=200 bucks though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

AdrianC wrote: »
    How was the calculated? What was the breakdown?

VAT = €34.20
    Customs = €17.45
    Post Office Clearance = €5 (was not impressed with that one)

Total €56.65

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Well me stuff arrived this morning and I should of listened to you Wertz.:o
    All my tops were just a tad on the small side. This crowds sizing doesn't fit the American norm of being huge. They certainly follow the sizes we are used to here. (that's for t-shirt/tops at least)
    Have to send mine back to get everything in a Large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

sorry to hear that taxman :(

This is an excellent deal, my utmost thanks to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

my stuff arrived this morning, great deal and super fast shipping. nice work OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

karltimber wrote: »
    even on international orders ??

well i signed up for the newsletter i specified Ireland as the country and got an email back saying welcome etc... and a code to get free shipping when i make my first order

so i presume so ya

cance wrote: »
    sorry to hear that taxman :(
    Ah well at least I'll know the next time. I've the LG 32" lcd on it's way today so that will brighten up my day.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone have problems getting their order through security?
    I've received two emails, the first asking me to conform my billing address and telephone number and now today they want a copy of my credit card bill and driving license. :eek: Thinking of telling them to toss off. Maybe it's cos I gave my work address for delivery but I also tried to ask my cc co. to allow the order to be processed. Might try again with the free code above.

Call_me_al wrote: »
    my stuff arrived this morning, great deal and super fast shipping. nice work OP!

Is the size you ordered ok ?

Medium is 40-42 inch
    Large is 43-45 inch

whats the best way to order - add an extra inch or 2 inches to your chest size ? and order based on above or just get what you get here ?

k

sweetie wrote: »
    work address for delivery .

|I think when ordering from the US - be it international or within the US - the credit card has to have the same billing address.
    Some sites offer a different postal address for a package but most need both the same.

K

whats the best way to order - add an extra inch or 2 inches to your chest size ? and order based on above or just get what you get here ?

k

Well going by my stuff,if you take a large here,order the large. Wait till someone that ordered a large to come back and post if the large is loose or tight. If I order again I might even go for the large(tall).

Signed up for their newsletters and got the code for free shipping but I don't qualify. Think it's only good for the US and Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Well me stuff arrived this morning and I should of listened to you Wertz.:o
    All my tops were just a tad on the small side. This crowds sizing doesn't fit the American norm of being huge. They certainly follow the sizes we are used to here. (that's for t-shirt/tops at least)
    Have to send mine back to get everything in a Large

Ah that's a bummer. Everything I've ever bought in the US has conformed to EU sizing though; AFAIk it's an international standard
    Got mine this morning too and on one top, I'm half sorry I didn't go for an XL (I like the baggy look).
    Lovely gear though and at Penney's prices. Big thanks to the OP...but that said, this would have been a bargain even without the additional 15% off...

Wertz wrote: »
    I'm half sorry I didn't go for an XL (I like the baggy look).

So would I be right in thinking that even their large is a bit tighter then our large sizes. I'd be into the baggy look over a close fit. Christ you could nearly see the hairs on my chest through one t-shirt it was that tight.:D:D

Already off loaded the hoodie I got,just need to find someone skinny that whats to buy the T-shirts. Too much hassle sending them back.Think I'll re-order and go a couple of sizes up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I bought a good few AE items on my last two visits to the states so it was easy to know what to go for. I'm an XL similar to what I am in Irish (UK) sizes.

Their large is a perfect fit on me (even arm length)...it's just with one particular style of top, I'd prefer it slightly baggier (but it's grand really)...both tees and the zip hoody are spot on. Cap was a medium and is perfect as well.
    I wouldn't go for all out XL's though unless there are clothes you buy here that are XL size (I swim in most XL sizes here)...

anyone who got their stuff today - and tax/vat to pay at the doorstep today ??

if not - I'll order more today before they catch on :D

K

I continue my 100% VAT free record on US imports...

Wertz wrote: »
    Their large is a perfect fit on me (even arm length)...it's just with one particular style of top, I'd prefer it slightly baggier (but it's grand really)...both tees and the zip hoody are spot on. Cap was a medium and is perfect as well.
    I wouldn't go for all out XL's though unless there are clothes you buy here that are XL size (I swim in most XL sizes here)...

Grand stuff so. Cheers Wertz.;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

anyone who got their stuff today - and tax/vat to pay at the doorstep today ??

if not - I'll order more today before they catch on :D

K

2 packages arrived and nothing to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If you have to pay customs they withhold the package and you have to go to the designated sorting office to pay the charges and collect.

I got my stuff today, well I didn't nobody was home to answer the door, but I know there's no duty on it this time. Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Mine arrived in Ireland Friday, haven't got it yet.

I better not have to go to a sorting office!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

For those that didnt have to pay customs fees, what was the total cost in dollars of the order?

• Advertisement

$89.84 in total,so take $30 off for total of goods alone.

Advertisement