Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainsaws: €99.99 in LIDL

• 14-02-2008 11:17am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

Friend of mind just emailed there, apparently Lidl are doing chainsaws for a mere ton! Sounds sweet enough.
    Just make sure you use it for the garden, right guys? :)
    chainsaw.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

When are they selling this? I can't find it on their site.

Does it say whether it's powered by petrol or electricity? I have something that needs taken care of but there's no electricity where I left them so chainsaw must be petrol powered.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

"Petrol Chainsaw" It's right there in the image. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

He had to get in the joke somehow. I expected someone would have that type of reply. You didn't disappoint Fnz.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

And I didn't even read his whole reply, I just had to get my correction in there asap. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

sweet!

Leatherface.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Scobius90

seriously people, is this just in one store or is it nationwide. Anybody spot these out whest ..... Galway City? I don't see any mention of these on lidl.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Can't find it on the site either. Need some more input from the OP.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

guy who emailed me said it's the new one in Churchfield, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Cork Chainsaw Massacre - car breaks down in Mayfield, and they're chased around by Langerface.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

blah wrote: »
    "Petrol Chainsaw" It's right there in the image. :rolleyes:

I must be blind... thought I had scanned the text thoroughly. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,956 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

says "new store open..." at the top of the photo so might be just a promotion for a new store opening and not a nationwide thing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ya it was an opening offer for the new store in Churchfield in Cork remember getting a leaflet about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 dublinlawyer

I bought one of these last year and I found it very bad. Kept breaking down. Id have to rest it then start it up again. I brought it back and got another one. Same thing happened with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Can you buy one of these without a safe pass or something like that. I thought the sale of chainsaws was restricted in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

around here you can rent one with an 18 inch chain plus fuel etc for 35 lids a day, better deal I.M.O.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Had an electric chainsaw, got bored with lugging miles of cable around, bought a petrol one in ALDI. When I finally used it for the first time nine months after buying, it would not start. Called the service centre in the UK, they sent me a new one immediately, never bothered to take the old one away.

And the new one works: greatest invention since sliced bread. (joke) (sort of).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

that offer is a new store opening offer only. When the store in Ballyvolane Cork opened they had the same offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

ill take 4

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

As a forester- I would not recommend these. You can pick up a second hand Husqvarna or similar in Buy and Sell for less than this, which will far better serve you.

Re: restrictions in Ireland- you need a licence to rent a chainsaw or similar equipment, bizarrely the law does not cover the outright purchase of equipment......

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Commish

hi all just wondering is the husqvarna 235 or the partner p422 a better buy. Any one any experience with either of these saws???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Commish wrote: »
    hi all just wondering is the husqvarna 235 or the partner p422 a better buy. Any one any experience with either of these saws???

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well they say the husqvarna is a cut above the rest......

...ok I'll get my coat !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I've been using chainsaws for the past 15 years- and these days would buy a Husqvarna over and above any other make. Do remember that the bar and chain, are at least as important- and you should get these seperately and specifically for the job you have in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

The lidl's one is ok. My uncle has one for a year now and it still works. Will struggle at anythink large, lacks real power and feels a bit flimsy, but is grand for small to very small branches. It's a good bit lighter than a stihl, partner etc. so for this application it's ideal.

P.S

Chainsaw for sale
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=183802

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

smccarrick wrote: »
    I've been using chainsaws for the past 15 years- and these days would buy a Husqvarna over and above any other make. Do remember that the bar and chain, are at least as important- and you should get these seperately and specifically for the job you have in mind.

Agreed. I'd only let a Husqvarna or Jonsered (The Skoda Version :D ) inside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

safety equipment, i wear chainsaw boots, trousers, gloves and a hard hat with full face protection and ear defenders. seen too many farmers with large cuts in there legs from chainsaws. just be careful

(i have a stihl chainsaw btw)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement