Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

EnterNow wrote: »
    Gunstar Heroes - Anyone who doesn't like this game is either ill, or has serious issues to deal with. It's that good.

1zptnid.jpg

Edit - How the hell do people let carts get so dirty? The same amount of gunk came outta this one is the same as Rush N attack in the pic previously. I got the stickers off this cart but have to wash the plastic now to remove sticker gunk. Do people store carts in flower beds these days? Main sticker is damaged but I seen that in the auction & didn't mind given its cheap price. I can live with that :)

Damn you the deepest circle of hell, that is a bog in Offaly.

I got Maximum Carnage in post this day. In lovely condition! Going give it a fife up later this evening when I get home from a fun day of Sociology.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gunstar Heroes - Anyone who doesn't like this game is either ill, or has serious issues to deal with. It's that good.

Edge:

Gunstar Heroes - 6/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Edge:

Gunstar Heroes - 6/10

Again, some pleb doesn't like it so rates it for the world to see? Bollox.

EnterNow Magazine:

Gunstar Heroes - 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Has anyone used this Snes Competition Pro controller with the Genesis style D-Pad by any chance?

$(KGrHqR,!lYE8F!qvQs0BPQ5W4i(kQ~~60_12.JPG

What's the verdict on these compared to the original? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The PS2 collection is well worth finding although, and this is a serious warning, even you deluded Golden Axe fans will find it hard to love the faecal stain that is the remake of Golden Axe on the disk,
    surprised-long-neck-surprise.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Again, some pleb doesn't like it so rates it for the world to see? Bollox.

EnterNow Magazine:

Gunstar Heroes - 10/10

Every review in Edge is 'the voice of the magazine'. It either means everyone that has ever worked at Edge is a muppet for thinking Gunstar Heroes is a solid 6/10 and Halo is the most perfect FPS ever that is beyond criticise or else they don't want to give the authors by lines in case they the good ones get poached.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, Dragon Blaze has a prop proper Tate know alright, and, with some experimentation, So do the vertical shooters in the ps1 capcom collection, so that's 1942, 43, 43 Kai, commando, mercs amongst others. Which is nice! Samurai Ace is next, quite cheap on ebay too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just having a peep at Samurai Aces for the PS2, less than a fiver! Not sure what the postage is from France, waiting for him to get back to me.

Nearly forgot, also picked up Arkanoid for the DS, haven't seen it around before tbh, only 7.99 so it must be good!! Seems pretty rare.

Looks like fun.
    Must pick up the Space Invaders Extreme games as well, they are getting cheap too.

Looks like this is the time to buy up all those DS titles you promised yourself, they aren't going to get any commoner me thinks!

Half Life 1 [PS2] for €4.65 posted. CIB no less, not too shabby.

Well, bargain of my week, more or less.
    I just got Samurai Aces for the PS2, pal edition, for 2.50 on ebay, now the postage was about 7.90 or so, but the game came to less than €11 and I think my Psikyo vert Shmup collection is nearly complete!
    Gods, I have to stop this, it's madness!!

I am delighted to see that so many great games are going for rock bottom prices out there, this genre seems to be overlooked by a great many.
    I reckon that rpgs this well reviewed are going for stupid money, look at Square, Enix or Nintys back catalogue of RPG titles.
    Despite Taito, Psikyo and Raizing being the best in the business, the Pal releases at least are going for easy money right now.
    I wonder if they'll appreciate over time?
    Anyways, that's the last purchase for a while, I want to build an arcade stick now from a solid but cheap USB PC stick and cannibalise an old PS pad for some proper Shmup action.

• Advertisement

I reckon that rpgs this well reviewed are going for stupid money, look at Square, Enix or Nintys back catalogue of RPG titles.

RPGs with **** reviews are selling for silly money. Just look at Legend of Dragoon :P

I know, I sold mine to a guy/gal in Australia for silly money QED!

But, it's all going a bit Pete Tong, since I swore off buying full price games, or even half price releases for the current gen of home consoles, I seem to be picking bargains for everything else!

Must stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's always been my problem. Can't resist a bargain!

Whenever I pass on something, I always feckin' regret it too. Still wish I'd bought that Battle Garegga that I came across on ebay for £60 recently!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Whenever I pass on something, I always feckin' regret it too. Still wish I'd bought that Battle Garegga that I came across on ebay for £60 recently!

£60 + shipping is still a good few bob for a console game but still a total bargain compared to the other prices it commands. :(

I've been debating for the last week or so whether to buy a console version of some of my PCBs just because they'll save scores or maybe save replays. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Heh, tell me about it! Sometimes it's very hard to see the bigger picture when you compare the game to it's usual going rate.

'BUT IT'S PANZER DRAGOON SAGA FOR €100 POSTED!!!'

'Yeah you numpty, you're still paying €100 for a videogame'

'but but but!'

Regarding the console versions, how about finding a happy medium and just playing some back up copies?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Regarding the console versions, how about finding a happy medium and just playing some back up copies?

Hmm not sure I'm able to obtain said backups anymore. Dammit I caved and bought it. Two games in one and comes with additional DVD so decent enough value I hope, feckin better be some superplays on that DVD! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got these today

IMG_0326.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

€7.65 - from adverts.ie

n64001.jpg?t=1331673760

Heh, tell me about it! Sometimes it's very hard to see the bigger picture when you compare the game to it's usual going rate.

'BUT IT'S PANZER DRAGOON SAGA FOR €100 POSTED!!!'

'Yeah you numpty, you're still paying €100 for a videogame'

'but but but!'

Worth every penny tbh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

safetyboy wrote: »
    6818974022_44b03f053b.jpg

some megadrive games

You know what's even better than a juno?.....................

• Advertisement

Half Life 1 on PS2 [CIB, PAL, XYZ]. €4.60 posted on Adverts

5o6zpd.jpg

16iaxdz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

6835461818_7da85fe560_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Items I have bought over the last few weeks.......

Extended My CDI collection
    2012-03-13185447.jpg

Collected these yesterday. Missing battery cover but both seem to be working, they also need a good cleaning.
    2012-03-13185024.jpg

Thanks Dale for these.....boxed Spectrum + Just need to get the Spectrum +3 now....
    2012-03-13185555.jpg

Boxed Mig 500
    2012-03-13185643.jpg

2012-03-13185659.jpg

You know what you need, Alphaeagle, a Dragon 32.... ;)

Half Life 1 on PS2 [CIB, PAL, XYZ]. €4.60 posted on Adverts

[WTF,LOL]

Other Items I have bought....

My PSP VITA wifi only. No 3G for me...

2012-03-13184901.jpg

Colected last Friday......Always wanted one.....Needs a good cleaning....

2012-03-13184515.jpg

2012-03-13184530.jpg

2012-03-13184559.jpg
    For comparsion with a mega drive cart.....
    2012-03-13184635.jpg

2012-03-13184723.jpg

[WTF,LOL]

Exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Is that the AES that was €300 on Adverts?

Yes, but I did not pay 300 or close to it.......;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yes, but I did not pay 300 or close to it.......;)

A bag of crisps job was it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement