Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Max Payne 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm on medium but in my last attempt, I started with one pill bottle. I just thought I found it somewhere in that level and when I noticed it inthe corner of my screen, I ended up getting blasted and had to use it :o

If I start fresh knowing I have one, that will make it easier. That headshot achievement seems impossible though. I guess thats why it's called Lucky something.

I'm not at that part yet, but make use of the last man standing, don't manually use pills, this way you get a free head shot at the heavy and with luck get his helmet off, cheap i know but this was how i delt with the one from the blanco office earlier in the game , I let him down me twice and 1st time shot his helmet off and 2nd time a head shot finish in last man standing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Finished it yesterday so I'll be around for multiplayer more.

As much as it frustrated me at times, god damn is it a beautiful game :)

I've awful trouble trying to aim with the laser sight, even over the shoulder. I've started avoiding weapons with the attachment.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

thats the part where you escape by hitting the fella with the shovel as your digging your own grave.. then you go to try and find the phone with passos, mission ends at that point.
    You could be right, but I thought after the shootout in the church was over more gangsters show up and take you away again... Maybe I'm just mixing up the two parts, I was half asleep playing that mission. Will go back and play it later anyway to get the golden guns and stuff.
    Q_Ball wrote: »
    I've awful trouble trying to aim with the laser sight, even over the shoulder. I've started avoiding weapons with the attachment.

Same, can't stand the laser sights in the game. I also avoid the flashlight guns like the plague. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,471 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

With laser attachments, you can press select and it will turn off the laser returning to regular aiming reticule.

Yeah Calex, I plan on using that pill for last man standing against the heavy alright. I'm determined to pass it tonight :pac:

The Boards crew is going strong at 34 members so feel free to join anyone on PS3, xbox or PC. The crew spreads across all formats.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

It says our crew is ranked 315 Bronze. How can you see our full position on the leaderboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

dont think it has been mentioned here yet but in the story the game gives you pills if you keep getting stuck at the same point, thats why them pills appeared to you sheehy, as far as i can remember if you die 3 times on the same checkpoint you get an extra pills bottle, then if you die 6 times, another pill bottle, 9 times, another pill bottle- it goes up to something like 9 pill bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just at the part with the "Shirt" in San Paolo. The production levels in the game are incredible but I feel like it is just small pockets of game play inbetween lots of cut scenes. Rather than the other way around.
    Long cut scene -- walk shoot 3 guys ---another cut scene -- forced walking section --- chat scene--- shoot 6 guys -- very long cut scene. I thought MGS4 was for the interrupting cut scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Just at the part with the "Shirt" in San Paolo. The production levels in the game are incredible but I feel like it is just small pockets of game play inbetween lots of cut scenes. Rather than the other way around.
    Long cut scene -- walk shoot 3 guys ---another cut scene -- forced walking section --- chat scene--- shoot 6 guys -- very long cut scene. I thought MGS4 was for the interrupting cut scenes.

He looks so badass at the start of that mission I wish the model stayed like that for longer

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

This strange weather that we are having is severely disrupting my multiplayer time, next rainy day there will be some serious catching up to do!

There is a multiplayer event happening right noww and you can watch a HD stream in the link below:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/multiplayer-events/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

just completed the story on hard, now goin to try hardcore to get that trophy too, have to say the ending is pretty good. feels like a movie, i didn't want this game to end at all. but it lasted me a week most games i finish within 3 days. id love a max payne 4 in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

R* have added a free copy of L.A. Noire to the PC preorder bonus on steam if you buy before Monday. It's already been added to my games! So that's Max Payne 1, 2 and 3, a bunch of MP items and L.A. Noire for £30 (or what ever you're all getting charged back home).
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/204100/

M12Bv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

How are you seeing that for $44.99? comes up as 60 dollars for me, or 49.99 in euros when I log in :(

I'm not. It's from the steam forums. Posted by someone in another territory I'd imagine.It cost me £29.99 cos I live in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Thats one hell of a deal

Just cleared it there. Fantastic....F*CKING FANTASTIC!! Best game I played all year and will def be playing through it again.

I'd say if you read the start of this thread, I was very sceptical, didn't think this would be a Max Payne game at all with the sun shine and bald head so wasn't looking forward it. Having cleared it, it's still the same old Max and R* have done a brilliant job.

Now back to the multiplayer!!

There is a R* mp event starting at 5pm GMT today. When choosing the playlist, you should see a Rockstar Playlist and besides getting a chance to play with the devs, there will be random double and triple xp games also.

I'll be reping the Boards crew today if anyone wants to join on.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

5uspect wrote: »
    R* have added a free copy of L.A. Noire to the PC preorder bonus on steam if you buy before Monday. It's already been added to my games! So that's Max Payne 1, 2 and 3, a bunch of MP items and L.A. Noire for £30 (or what ever you're all getting charged back home).
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/204100/

M12Bv.jpg

Are you sure? There's no mention of MP 1 & 2 there on that page...
    (I know it used to be there; but it looks like they replaced MP1 & 2 with LA Noire instead, no?)

Edit: I just bought that package; MP3 and LA Noire alright; but no MP1 & 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

There is a R* mp event starting at 5pm GMT today. When choosing the playlist, you should see a Rockstar Playlist and besides getting a chance to play with the devs, there will be random double and triple xp games also.

I'll be reping the Boards crew today if anyone wants to join on.

Hmm, I'd love to get on for a few hours of this but babysitting 7 year old nephews this evening and I don't know that I should be playing this game around the kids. Bad timing for me I fear. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you bought it when the offer first appeared you get MP1+2+LA Noire.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC version is 35gbs!!!

not 3.5gbs but 35!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Joined the boards crew last night, username falan60, GT ViverrineAuto63. :)

Brilliant game, don't want it to end but i know soon that hour will come:(

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »

If you bought it when the offer first appeared you get MP1+2+LA Noire.

That's probably it. Woohoo for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

not too impressed by the game tbh, it's alright, looks great and has a decent story so far but the gameplay is exactly the same all the way through

dreamers75 wrote: »
    PC version is 35gbs!!!

not 3.5gbs but 35!!!!

It requires 35 GB of disk space which may include space for optional DLC. Hopefully the download is closer to 20 GB when compressed. Then I can pull it down in a single night.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

al28283 wrote: »
    not too impressed by the game tbh, it's alright, looks great and has a decent story so far but the gameplay is exactly the same all the way through

Is it exactly the same as Max Payne 1 and 2 tho?

5uspect wrote: »
    It requires 35 GB of disk space which may include space for optional DLC. Hopefully the download is closer to 20 GB when compressed. Then I can pull it down in a single night.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-25-rockstar-to-push-max-payne-3-to-its-limits-on-high-end-pcs
    Hoare went on to explain why the game's install size comes in at a hefty 35GB.
    "The installed size of Max Payne 3 is due to the no-compromise quality of its assets, which already push console disc space to the limits," he said.

It will be my biggest single game, my arma 2 folder is 130GB but thats 118gb of mods.

Played an hour yesterday with one of the devs, was a good laugh but didn't see any double or triple xp going around. Gang Wars is definitely the best mode but still can't find a load out i like. Keep going back to the ak47 to get my kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

There a ps3 gang ?

Sent ya an invite there soby, the crew covers ps3, xbox and pc so it covers your stats and gives you the Boards badge no matter what you play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Played an hour yesterday with one of the devs, was a good laugh but didn't see any double or triple xp going around. Gang Wars is definitely the best mode but still can't find a load out i like. Keep going back to the ak47 to get my kills.

I'm having most of my success running around as light as possible with just 1 Uzi. Makes me quick for chasing and getting away and I've a hight fire rate but I can't take many bullets. Still I tend to rack up alot more kills with that than any other weapon. It limits me to close to mid range is the only problem so it's a pain trying to trouble long rangers

game you send me an invite? Just got the game yesterday. Gamertag: The dunne

• Advertisement

game you send me an invite? Just got the game yesterday. Gamertag: The dunne

Searched that name on Rockstar site but had no results. You can go to the link below and request an invite from there.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

Advertisement