Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

yeah i have had cramping, like period cramps, ever since i found out (@ 5 weeks).. i think its all in my head.

Mentioned it to the doctor, all she said was "any blood"? I said nope, she said "well everyone different your probably just feeling the stretching more than most people".

She said she never had any cramping with her 3 kids, but her sister was like you in agony with it...

So id say mark it down to stretching...

I still get the cramps (@10 weeks), but i just ignore them now, until there is something else with them to worry me... because believe me if i were to go to the doctor with every little twinge or question i had, well I may as well just move in with her :P

Im starting to realise too, that the less you read on DR GOOGLE the better :cool:

Thanks! Feel much better now. :) And I did stay well away from Dr. Google this morning. I have been very good since I found out I was pregnant and not being a cyberchondriac at all. :p The only thing I read is What to Expect when Your Expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

yeah its good alright, i even caught the boyfriend reading it yesterday :D not that he would ever admit it or anything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

yeah i have had cramping, like period cramps, ever since i found out (@ 5 weeks).. i think its all in my head.

Mentioned it to the doctor, all she said was "any blood"? I said nope, she said "well everyone different your probably just feeling the stretching more than most people".

She said she never had any cramping with her 3 kids, but her sister was like you in agony with it...

So id say mark it down to stretching...

I still get the cramps (@10 weeks), but i just ignore them now, until there is something else with them to worry me... because believe me if i were to go to the doctor with every little twinge or question i had, well I may as well just move in with her :P

Im starting to realise too, that the less you read on DR GOOGLE the better :cool:

Yea i was gettin really bad pains also and still pretty sick so rang the nurse for a cert for work just mentioned the pain as had it last week also when i was in with her. Not the usual period type cramp its just on my left side, (ps i had 2 surgerys last year, appendectomy and bowel adhesions) Nurse decided to scare the living daylights out of me and said there may be something wrong and i needed to go see the doc straight away. I was crying before i even got off the phone.

Got my boyfriend to leave work come home and bring me to doc as nurse told me not to drive. Was shaking like a leaf while waiting to go in.
    Anyway not a thing wrong,:) actually things good. Pain is due to the stretching and puking and it hurting me so much because of the previous opps and muscles still bit sensitive.

Next time i have a pain dont think i will call her. And i only rang for a cert. Just mentioned the pain in passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Neyite I had the same on my first pregnancy, it was so much like a bad period I was absolutely convinced the pregnancy test had either been wrong that I wasn't pregnant at all or else there was something wrong.
    It was all just stretching inside.

Thankfully its not so bad this time, though making up for what I lack in stretching pains with an abundance of morning (:rolleyes: read: all feckin day!) sickness and tiredness!

Hope the pain eases off soon x

Omg Suucee I wouldn't be ringing that nurse again in a hurry, she must have given you an awful fright :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Still no proper symptoms yet ladies apart from a few cramps but I do always carry a plastic bag around with me for fear il get sick at any stage!

I'll be logging out now as we are off on our holidays for 10days, booked 6months ago so we v.excited-last one for a long time i'd say! Dr. said im fine to travel as it is only a short flight.
    I hope the sickness dies down for all and il try and keep up to date on the goings on!

xx

• Advertisement

Hope you have a fab hol saggycaggy!

I'm now only managing one meal a day (lunch), no wonder I'm so feckin tired with so little food! I can't wait to reach the 12 week mark to see the back of this tiredness!

Not complaining though, I'd sooner have symptoms for reassurance than none at all at this stage :)

We're telling my folks tomorrow, I can't wait! Just hope it doesn't but the jinx on things (I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow going by the hospital revised dates)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hope you have a fab hol saggycaggy!

I'm now only managing one meal a day (lunch), no wonder I'm so feckin tired with so little food! I can't wait to reach the 12 week mark to see the back of this tiredness!

Not complaining though, I'd sooner have symptoms for reassurance than none at all at this stage :)

We're telling my folks tomorrow, I can't wait! Just hope it doesn't but the jinx on things (I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow going by the hospital revised dates)

Cap thats so exciting telling the folks :). What was your early scan like? Is it on the tummy or transvaginal? What could you see? I'm all curious about mine.

Still not a jot of symptoms here. Cramps have stopped, as have the twinges. Boobs not as sore as they were, and still no food/sickness issues. Trying not to get too concerned - apparently no symptoms are a symptom in WTEWYE book. I would love though to have some symptom to say "Yep, everythings fine". Going into my 6th week so maybe from here on I will get some.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Thought I'd have a nosy in the April thread as I am due on March 30th and with a history of over-duers in my family I most likely will end up delivering in April :)

Neyite I didn't get any symptoms until 6 weeks and then they hit me like a tonne of bricks, I'd say enjoy your symptom free days while they last. I'm dying for next week when I'll be 12 weeks and hopefully some let up from the sickness and tiredness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Hey all, can I join in?

I'm 7 weeks, due on 27th April (realistically May) and have a wee man who's 15 months old. Caprilicious, we were on this board together 2 years ago as well!

My only symptom is the tiredness, which has hit me like a train in the last two weeks and because of his nibs, naps aren't an option:(. I'm only just back in school after the summer, so luckily, everyone else is tired too so the binbags under my eyes and forgetfulness aren't standing out! Have only told my hubbie and one of the girls at work, so will be using this thread a good bit for another while yet! Looking forward to chatting to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

Hello,
    I am due on April 2 2012 and am very excited as this is my first baby and we had been trying ttc since we got married two years ago and were begining to worry that something might have been wrong.
    I feel very tired over the last few weeks and have been sick a couple of times but apart from that am feeling okay. My appetite has disappeared though, which isn't like me :)

I have my first scan on 20 September and have my fingers crossed that everything will be okay. Is anyone else going to the Coombe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Hey all, went in for tests on Wednesday and the doc offered me a scan, couldn't see much through the tummy due to empty bladder so he did a T/V, got a good picture and he let us listen to the heartbeat. It really started hitting home, I was so so happy but a teensy bit scared too, but it was great reassurance.

Also got a great tip for morning sickness, try minty things. A friend of mine recommended putting a mint in a glass of water and just sipping at it, haven't tried that yet but got a pack of silvermints last night and they're great for keeping the nausea away! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Hey! Im joining in, due on May 15th!!! Just found out a couple days ago. I thought I knew for the last week, felt different but then thought it was all in my head... glad it wasn't!!!

DD was 11 months on friday, if only she knew whats coming :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

8 weeks yesterday and hoping the sickness has eased. Havent been sick since fri, (and think that was the chinese as was feeling fine before hand and kinda stuffed meself) and not feeling sick as often. :). Had tried everything, ginger ale, gingernut biscuits, flat 7up, fizzy 7up silvermints, minntcrisp, barley sweets (ps wouldnt recommend, made me feel worse) eating before getting out of bed, the list is endless. Every time i thought something was working i think i became immune to it as was soon sick again. Ice cold water and lots of it is really all that helps.

Thought it a bit earlier but feel like my tummy is getting bigger already. Thought i was bloated at first but now not sure. Still feeling pretty tired and not sleeping great at mo as keep getting cramps in the middle of the night. But anything better than being sick. For those of you who are suffering try a few of above tips, didnt work for me but might help ye. Oh and a hot water bottle for the cramps is great also. Problem is when you wake up in middle of the night and its gone cold, was tempted to wake the other half the other night to refill it :D but resisted the urge.

Welcome to all the newbies and congrats.

Neyite it was definitely after the 6 week mark before I started to get sick then one day literally woke up, had to go straight back to sleep on the couch & barely moved from it all day!
    I can understand your anxiety as I was the same til the morning sickness kicked in. Now I'd just love a days break from it!

Deemark congrats!!! I know the feeling about the tiredness. When I'm off I have to nap when herself does. I feel like such a geriatric going for an afternoon nap in the middle of the day!
    Hopefully it'll ease off soon for us both :)

Suucee I know the feeling, once I get in the zone of being sick, nothing can get me out of it! though the odd time 7 up does give a little relief, though must be in a can, not a bottle :rolleyes: makes me sound like such a diva :o:D

Congrats littlemissfixit & PonyP on your recent positive results! we're growing quite a group here :D

Shuwaah that's great that you got your scan too & all is well!
    Neyite for mine she did an external scan but as I had an empty bladder she did a transvaginal too so was able to get really clear pics & a good strong heartbeat :)

I've attached a pic of my scan, still kind of surreal :)
    174056.jpg

Its a wee bit fuzzy, but that's the head down the bottom :pac:

Well we told my folks last night. Only it went a lil ar$eways the way I did it! we were out for a meal, my sister & her partner plus my parents were there.
    Baba is due aroun tht time of my sisters birthday next year. I had planned in my mind to say 'Guess what sister is getting for her birthday next year......a niece/nephew' & show them the scan.
    Except I said 'Guess what sister is getting for her birthday next year' and handed them the scan. They thought it was her pregnant :o:D:D

Capri, thats amazing!!!! Little bitty Cap jnr!

I bet your parents were over the moon. :D

Its gas the way we intend to tell people but it comes out all wrong. When I got my BFP I had it all planned that I would give himself the little newborn GAA jersey and let him guess but I was too giddy and woke him up waving a wee-soaked stick under his half asleep face, roaring at him to check there was a line there. The jersey barely got a look-in!

My sister is the only one that knows, and since my mother is totally crap at keeping secrets we will have to wait until the 12 week mark to tell her, because I dont want her to be the last to know, All of my nieces and nephews I got the "your not supposed to know but xxx is pregnant" weeks before the mum and dad announced their news and I feel that it took their nice surprise away from them. I love my mother to bits but discretion is not one of her strong points!

I am due the week after my sisters wedding (the one that knows I'm pregnant and knows I was ttc). And I will be the biggest bridesmaid of them all (normally I'm the skinnier sister) so the other two bridesmaids will be delighted to stand beside a whale in a bridesmaid dress. :D

Thanks hun :) I have it on the kitchen noticeboard at home & it brings a big goofy grin to my face every time I pass it :)

I've a similar problem with my sisters wedding - 2 months after due date. I just know I'm going to look like a sack of spuds, worse still I'll be forced to go dress shopping with a 4-6 week old baby & v little sleep!
    I already tried convince her to get our cousin to be bridesmaid instead but she'll hear nothing of it :D

That's funny, I was thinking of the GAA jersey coming home from work on Friday & wondered did you do it that way!

You'll have to use that to tell your mam, its such a cool way to announce your arrival!

My husbands nan is the same, she'd mean well (she's a lovely woman) but she would tell most the family & I want to wait til 12 weeks before it becomes public knowledge!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Play Bunny

hi girls, good news :) im joining you pls, im due may 21st according to the online dates ive only found out so v.early days as in 3-4wks type of early days according to my clear blue test yay so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

hey ladies, 11 weeks today, and just wondering is anyone else around this stage, or been there before.. extremely grumpy :mad: and OVERLY emotional!!!!

I cried last night for an hour, for NO reason whatsoever.. im constantly snapping at my partner and even my cat who is my "baby" is bugging the sh1t out of me. :(

please tell me this is normal and it will bugger off soon, along with the puking and the inability to stay awake after 9pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Hi Staticdoor71,

Everyone is different of course but at my first pregnancy, I was a nightmare to be around from about week 10 to 12-13, even I couldn't stand myself, there must be a surge of hormones then or something, after that it was followed by 4 months of pure bliss, apart from the odd heartburn, every symptom just vanished until the very last couple of weeks where I just got very uncomfortable, which is to be expected with the size my belly was.

Hang in there!

5 weeks 5 days.
    Still not a jot of symptoms, but staying positive about it. I am getting tired a bit more easily, so I guess thats a symptom? or am I just a lazy git? :P. Feeling a bit blue for no reason, so maybe a bit hormental too?

OH caved and told a mate last night, so now we have each told one person. I am so proud of myself - I didnt think I would be so good at keeping stchum.

Early private scan on 28th. Will be 7w5days then. Exactly 2 weeks from now we will have gotten to see whos on board. As long as I see one strong heartbeat I will be over the moon.

How is everyone here?

• Advertisement

Congrats Play Bunny!

Staticdoor71 I feel your pain. I came home from work today, my little girl was really tired & crying her eyes out, my husbands away so I was home alone with no help, shattered tired, then I opened my post to find home insurance has jumped up by €400 & ended up crying for 10 mins. Blooming hormones gone mad altogether!!

Neyite that's just you being lazy :D lol jk, nah I'd say its the start of the hormones kicking in and tiring you out that bit more.
    That's lovely that your other half is so excited that he told someone else, obviously a very chuffed dad to be :)

Neyite wrote: »
    5 weeks 5 days.
    Still not a jot of symptoms, but staying positive about it. I am getting tired a bit more easily, so I guess thats a symptom? or am I just a lazy git? :P. Feeling a bit blue for no reason, so maybe a bit hormental too?

OH caved and told a mate last night, so now we have each told one person. I am so proud of myself - I didnt think I would be so good at keeping stchum.

Early private scan on 28th. Will be 7w5days then. Exactly 2 weeks from now we will have gotten to see whos on board. As long as I see one strong heartbeat I will be over the moon.

How is everyone here?

haha i did the same last nite, but i had to as her 3oth is nxt week and i had to explain the not drinking her do is in dub and im in kildare so will be driving..

cap-was it ur home insurance or car? i heard they are putting a 2per cent levy on insurance's now :( ffs, home ins up nxt may, car ins dec, typical! if its any consolation i reckon my dd is going through the terrible 2's shes not really napping that great during the day and come evening she doesnt want to go to bed she squeals but im leaving her to it not giving in, dont want her thinking i will come running its been a hard few days with her as i dont knwo whats up with her, she has all her teeth so not sure if its a growth spurt as shes tall for her age...

I capped off my hormental day yesterday by blubbing to 'Marley and me', swore I wouldn't but hormones had other plans :o

Play bunny its my house insurance, we had a claim after a burst pipe during the snow last year. I tried a few quotes elsewhere but no joy! So I've written to them to adjust down the rebuild/contents cover & to remove some of the unnecessary stuff from the policy & increase my excess so fingers crossed that'll reduce it to a more reasonable price!

Fingers crossed your little girl will settle with her sleep soon. I've the same here, she's ended up in our bed more often than her own these days. Not a habit I really want to encourage when I have a big belly taking over the bed:D

Neyite that's brill about having your scan so soon, only 13 days away :eek::D brill stuff!!! I've my first consultant appointment the 26th. Such a contrast, I'll be 10 weeks then. With my daughter due to my letters getting 'lost' in the hospital I was nearly 20 weeks before I was seen then!

god thats a desperate price, i think all the home insurance will be going up tbh, dd had another bad day here no sleep at all today, screamed going to bed tonite, ugr..not what i need at the mo.

I capped off my hormental day yesterday by blubbing to 'Marley and me', swore I wouldn't but hormones had other plans :o

Thats not hormones, just the saddest film ever! Non hormonal me would cry at it, and I'm not even a massive dog person.:p

Today I am 6+2. No nausea or anything, but sleeping for Ireland. Now normally I'm pretty good in bed anyway -I could sleep for days ;)- but on Friday night I went to bed at 8.30 (havent done that since I was about 9) woke up at 12.30, stayed up until 3am, then back to bed until midday :rolleyes:. Even the OH was impressed at that epic slothfulness. Then when I do get up I dont want to do a thing.

He reckons that my boobs are deffo bigger, and the shape of my tum is a bit more rounded than normal, but that is probably bloat. Really miss beer, though I could have had a fridge full of it and not have one from one end of the week to the next, but find that I keep sniffing his beer when he opens one and it smells lovely. Must get some alcohol free ones.
    I'm a lot more hungry and thirsty too.

Wish I was hungry, I've lost 3/4 of a stone in the last ten days. Normally I wouldn't be complaining about the weight loss but a diet solely consisting of loop the loops and 7up does not a healthy pregnancy make!!!

Has anyone ever tried those C-band things. and do they work?

i think i may have bad news, this morning when i was going to the toilet i noticed like a mucas with some blood running through it v.light tho, the next toilet trip nothing, then again more :(a little darker but nothing amazing... so went out and bought another clear blue test and it said not pregnant, so not sure what to think as i havent passed a cloth, and ive had nothing again after this time ...going to the toilet on the tissue, im also dying with a cold and its not helping matters, personally i dont think its looking good, mam had a m/c at 3mths and had to get a d&c done so im in limbo i just have to wati and see but i dont think it looks positive, there is no staining on my knickers (yet, ive no cramps) i just feel tired and worn out with this cold...boobs still sore-ish...

Play Bunny wrote: »
    i think i may have bad news, this morning when i was going to the toilet i noticed like a mucas with some blood running through it v.light tho, the next toilet trip nothing, then again more :(a little darker but nothing amazing... so went out and bought another clear blue test and it said not pregnant, so not sure what to think as i havent passed a cloth, and ive hadsorry nothing again after this time ...going to the toilet on the tissue, im also dying with a cold and its not helping matters, personally i dont think its looking good, mam had a m/c at 3mths and had to get a d&c done so im in limbo i just have to wati and see but i dont think it looks positive, there is no staining on my knickers (yet, ive no cramps) i just feel tired and worn out with this cold...boobs still sore-ish...

Sorry to hear that playbunny, what are you going to do, head to the doc tomorrow? It could be fine, i wouldn't worry about the clearblue test, take it easy and get to the doc as soon as you can. I've my fingers crossed for you, can't imagine how you're feeling right now.

Playbunny, maybe its just a dodgy test? It should still have registered a positive until your womb was fully cleared. Thats how women who have a m/c have to keep testing with HPT until it reads negative. Then they know all the tissue is gone, and they dont need D&C.

Since there is very little blood and no cramping, it might still be ok just a dodgy test. Maybe a blood test in your GP's office can test your HCG levels and see if they are reading ok?

• Advertisement

Playbunny, you poor thing you must be so stressed :(
    The only thing I would say is without serious bleeding I don't think a test would received a definite negative.

Not sure if I'm making sense, but when I had a miscarriage I had to test a week after I had the miscarriage to ensure everything 'had passed'.
    It takes a few days for the pregnancy hormones to go down to a zero again.
    Are you having any cramps? Mucus blood can be implantation bleed, cervical erosion, etc there's quite a lot of things that cause bleeding in early pregnancy.

Ring your local maternity hospital and they'll be able to advise you, they may bring you in and examine you.

If it gives you any peace of mind, I had light bleeding for a few days when I was 9 weeks pregnant with my daughter (went on to have perfectly healthy pregnancy). My friend bled on and off throughout her entire pregnancy & also had a healthy baby.

Also, if you had sex last night/recently, that can cause minor bleeding.

I hope you're ok, my heart goes out to you, the not knowing is awful x

Take care of yourself x

Advertisement