Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer meet?

• 01-06-2012 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

It's around that time, I didn't put in a poll as I figured it would be better to gauge the level of interest first and if there is any we can add one later. I also left the beers part out and not because I don't like beer :) but I think it would be nice to have options. B&C suggested a photowalk in another thread, think that would be a brilliant day out and there seems to be quite a few keen photographers around these parts so you can all teach me how to take a pic.
    Anyone else want to throw out a few suggestions or maybe dates and locations and we can go from there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Picnic maybe in July

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'd be up for something other than a night out in a pub tbh, and there have been lots of threads recently about people wanting to meet other lgbt folks outside of the pub environment, so something like a picnic or a photo walk in a nice environment would be great. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Like your ideas. Maybe combine the two. Something in Stephens green or the Pheonix park with a few photos to be taken afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mini golf?? Bowling??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

There's actually a new mini golf place in Dundrum I want to try, it looks pretty cool...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I like the idea of combining too, would definitely be up for picnic in the park (I like feeding people ;)) and there's bound to be plenty of photo opportunities along the way. I quite fancy a bottle of wine with my picnic but drinking in public is an offence of some kind apparently so for anyone interested in going for drinks after I think that's probably an unspoken inevitability in my case :P (when I go to Dublin I usually make a night of it so I will be around for the evening I'd say) I think it's just easier to organise day time activities as it's all inclusive, some people might have work the next day or might have to make it home early and those who can or want to follow it up with a beer are welcome to come along too.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Legend_Steph

Sounds like a good idea. :) If I'm free I might come along (if I may) :P Would be my first time to meet up with a LGBT group and I'd love to meet new people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Hey everybody :) I'm new aroung here so nice to meet everybody!! Im in galway myself but I'd def travel up if I'm not working. I'm in the same boat as ledgend Steph, it'll be my first LGBT group meet up so really hope I can make it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

That would be great!!
    I also live outside of Dublin (in Drogheda) but I commute often to Dublin, so that's no issue. . .the date might be though. . .
    My June is rather busy (too many concerts, few events with work etc), but July is far more relaxed (just one concert and one theater), so if it happens in July, it's quite possible that I can make it.
    But anyway, whenever it happens I will do my best to come!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Also meant to say, I think the photo walk is a fantastic idea :) What dates are we thinkin?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 VeganStephen

Well done Babybuff on taking the initiative and suggesting a meet up. I think the Phoenix Park as a centre point is a great idea. There are plenty of things to do there too. After a walkabout in the Park there is the Visitors Centre we could go for a bite to eat , it has a great selection of teas and coffees, and food.

As for dates, I am easy, but I guess nailing a date is the best thing to do, to focus peoples minds, what about the last Saturday of this month?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well done Babybuff on taking the initiative and suggesting a meet up. I think the Phoenix Park as a centre point is a great idea. There are plenty of things to do there too. After a walkabout in the Park there is the Visitors Centre we could go for a bite to eat , it has a great selection of teas and coffees, and food.

As for dates, I am easy, but I guess nailing a date is the best thing to do, to focus peoples minds, what about the last Saturday of this month?:)

The last Saturday of this month is Dublin Pride parade so I'm not so sure about that at all. Maybe 21st or 28th July might work - give people plenty of notice

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Haven't forgotten about the thread :)
    I was thinking Pride is on at the end of the month so I don't mind waiting til July, as it is I'm not sure how long the little bit of work I have will last so money could be tight and this way it gives me a chance to put something away.
    will leave the idea gather momentum for another while anyway.

Little Miss Organiser, Babybuff!;)

Little Miss Organiser, Babybuff!;)

ah the mods here have organised beers many times before and it's hardly fair to expect them to just make stuff happen for the forum, that's our job!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 EmmaAstra

Brilliant idea!! It would be great to meet up in July :)
    Thanks Babybuff

going to bump this up again for anyone who might have missed it first time around and it might be time to begin organising dates and finalising other details too.
    I'm still waiting on word of work so am a bit on the fence atm but I'll do my best to make a day of it either way and now I'm handing it over to you lot to do the rest of the organising (cuz I'm up to my eyeballs at the minute) :)
    I don't know if a poll would be helpful to get an idea of who's going and as suggested earlier sometime around the end of July is a good a place to start as any I suppose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Just drop a pm or two and I'm sure we could put up polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Martin_ie2012

hi just came across this, sounds good. Would be happy to help organise if someone else was too.

I will get back into this, just busy organising work and stuff at the minute and I figure if it's going to be late July then we have plenty of time yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Babybuff wrote: »
    I will get back into this, just busy organising work and stuff at the minute and I figure if it's going to be late July then we have plenty of time yet.

Where is the meet going to be?

Dublin mostly. According to this thread most people seem happy enough with a photowalk/picnic in the park followed by beer maybe at some as of yet undecided location. If you have other suggestions feel free to throw them out there, it's all about consensus.

take some bad pics, eat some sambos, get to know people and drink some beer all on a sunny day in July.

(I'll actually make some nice food, even vegan stuff :P if enough people come along)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Martin_ie2012

Babybuff wrote: »
    Dublin mostly. According to this thread most people seem happy enough with a photowalk/picnic in the park followed by beer maybe at some as of yet undecided location. If you have other suggestions feel free to throw them out there, it's all about consensus.

take some bad pics, eat some sambos, get to know people and drink some beer all on a sunny day in July.

(I'll actually make some nice food, even vegan stuff :P if enough people come along)

Sunny day in July, still waiting on one of those, they seem pretty rare these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Poll, poll, poll, poll!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Just bumping this up, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in going to see the opening film of GAZE this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Circumstance? Was I reading in another thread that a few people are heading to it anyway? Sounds like a good idea to arrange a meet round it.

Looks like an interesting film and all.

I've not been on the board here for a bit, but a day out and a bite to eat sounds great Babybuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

can straight people come??

Advertisement