Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arma 2 vids/screenshots

• 25-03-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all, bit of an ARMA noob here. So apologies if this has been done before. Just couldnt see anywhere for posting good screenies/videos of ARMA.
    Ive only recently been able to eveng et the game to run thanks to the latest patch, so have been mostly spending my time messing about with the editor and trying some of the various scenarios. Tried MP but as an arma noob it was jsut bloody weird and scary.

Anyway, heres a vid i recorded last night

And a couple of nice screens

ModNote: Broken // Movelife Ads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Thought there was a thread on here already...could be wrong. Get on the server with the lads, doesn't matter how much of a noob you are (just make sure you have all the right add-ons). Best craic you'll ever have, unless dreamers is drunk and starts abusing you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yeah, this thread, was back on page 4
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623522

We looking for more peeps to join us online, no mp experience needed, all fun, not at all serious, drop by later

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

cashville wrote: »
    unless dreamers is drunk and starts abusing you.

I resemble that remark :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yeah, this thread, was back on page 4
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623522

We looking for more peeps to join us online, no mp experience needed, all fun, not at all serious, drop by later

I only get on the ol PC maybe twice a week im afraid, but ill take a look into whats needed and see if i can hop on over the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Getting some really good games from this Wastelands. As the games last a while, you get to build up a decent base, and have fun attacking people passing by.

In another slightly longer play, got a tank at the airfield.

Finding it easier to comment as I go, as opposed to adding in comments afterwards. Although the latter can have some "in hindsight" comments, speaking as I record usually gets what's going through my head there and then.

Two reasons why I like the CCG servers is that the server lets you earn money from killing, and then buying weapons and ammo before spawning, and also as well as the normal spawn on the ground/towns/etc, it also allows "air insertion". The cons are people see you landing, and can shoot you whilst your landing, or when you land (as I've often done to others), but the pros are you can land where you want. I've often landed at the edge (hit the tree and you die, though) of a wooded area, or on a road in a wooded area to allow me to duck and hide.

The other good thing about air insertion is you can see tanks, etc, whilst on the way down.

Advertisement