Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Funny Side of not being straight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tito Man!

<mod snip>

But my story is this. I lying in bed this morning. Sitting up, having a cup of coffee and playing around with my laptop. The window to the bedroom was open. It faces out onto the small courtyard of our apartment complex.

I heard two girls come out of the entrance. One of them had just moved into the apartment opposite ours about a month ago. Haven't really spoken to her much. Just the odd "hello" and so on in the corridor.

Anyway, the girl and her friend were talking. About how lovely the apartment is and everything. The conversation was something like this.

"So, what are the neighbours like?

"Ah they're grand mostly. Don't really see any of them much. There are two gay guys living across from me."

"Really? What are they like?"

"They're lovely. It's so cute. They seem really nice."

I had to seriously resist the urge to shout "Thank you!" out the window! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

XpNcZ4l.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Saw this on twitter today :D

265948.png

Honestly I really think that there's a Mean Girls quote for everything in life :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Saw this on twitter today :D
    There's an account called AwkwardGrinder... the things you see there :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,787 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

tumblr_mqlxf4PgCS1qcorrio1_1280.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Blatantly stolen from YLYL:
    edZQ9is.jpg

Anyone who ever watched the Avatar: Last Airbender series might understand why I doubled over laughing when someone tagged this as a "Gay waterbender" :D

tumblr_mjrspmmfQe1riu06po1_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

1375119_464852586945256_1745923882_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Oh yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Antianara

"Heterosexuality is not normal it's just common"

Can't remember who originally said it, but I have always liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I've known since I was very young. This is shameful but I actually remember looking forward to visiting my nan when I was about 10 or 11 because she had a supply of Hello! magazines and I liked looking at pictures of Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman. So anyway, from that there followed years of hiding my true identity. Putting up posters of boy bands to make them think I was normal, agonising crushes on female teachers that I managed to keep secret from the folks and remain ever cool...I even went on dates with boys I didn't like to try to convince them of my straightness, and managed to hide my first serious relationship and breakup from them spectacularly well. Move forward to debs - Mum cornered me in the kitchen:
    Her: you're gay aren't you?
    Me: yes, how did you know?
    Her: because you brought a gay man to your debs!
    I mean, after all the hoops I jumped through - and thats what gave the game away? Not a medicine woman in sight!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Antianara wrote: »
    "Heterosexuality is not normal it's just common"

Can't remember who originally said it, but I have always liked it.

Dorothy Parker

I'm in Spain for a few days. I can't understand they fuss the media here are making about Cristiano Ronaldo taking off his jersey last weekend, praising his physique . Every single day haha

In fairness, Ronaldo is gorgeous! :D

Tito Man! wrote: »
    In fairness, Ronaldo is gorgeous! :D

Give me beefy Ben Cohen anytime instead of Barbie Ronaldo :D

jjWTkYF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

Barna77 wrote: »
    Give me beefy Ben Cohen anytime instead of Barbie Ronaldo :D

Can I not have both?

• Advertisement

Barbie Ronaldo? Yeah, ok. But still. C'mon, who wouldn't? :D

Ben Cohen too. He's properly gorgeous.

But to each their own, I suppose! :)

A5dfvMMCAAA7WYw.jpg:large

Best costume ever. :D

Daith wrote: »
    Can I not have both?

Check Cohen's pics for his 2014 calendar and then think of CR....

I need a cold shower now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,787 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I laughed at this a lot more than I should have:

1474368_270986083052596_1992735373_n.png

my story is this. I was lying in bed this morning. Sitting up, having a cup of coffee and playing around with my laptop. The window to the bedroom was open. It faces out onto the small courtyard of our apartment complex.

I heard two girls come out of the entrance. One of them had just moved into the apartment opposite ours about a month ago. Haven't really spoken to her much. Just the odd "hello" and so on in the corridor.

Anyway, the girl and her friend were talking. About how lovely the apartment is and everything. The conversation was something like this.

"So, what are the neighbours like?

"Ah they're grand mostly. Don't really see any of them much. There are two gay guys living across from me."

"Really? What are they like?"

"They're lovely. It's so cute. They seem really nice."

I had to seriously resist the urge to shout "Thank you!" out the window! :D

Remember this? Well, it continued on from there!

We started talking a bit more when we would bump into each other in the corridor and stuff. Billy did too, despite being a bit shy at times. We're now really good friends and neighbours.

Over Christmas we spent a good bit of time in each others' apartments, having drinks, eating too much and just hanging out and having quiet ones. It was really fun.

Of course, with the wine and beer, it tended to make people say things in a less than tactful (but good-hearted!) way.

The classic one for me was when she said: "You know, I'd never let two guys into my place when I was here on my own. And I'd never go into their place on my own. But I feel a lot safer around you two guys. I don't know why..."

I cracked up. I sincerely cracked up and was in stitches laughing. I don't know why I found it so funny, and maybe it was one of those times where you just had to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

The classic one for me was when she said: "You know, I'd never let two guys into my place when I was here on my own. And I'd never go into their place on my own. But I feel a lot safer around you two guys. I don't know why..."

"Famous last words" Tito Man said, laughing to himself ;) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    There's a lot of depression on this board and I think it's time for a thread highlighting the funny side of being LGBT. This will be a broad topic, from hilarious coming out stories to someone being so ignorant that it made you laugh!

I have two small stories the first which I recalled after reading this post:

See, I wouldn't consider myself camp at all, in fact, I pretty much despise anything girly including "doing the hair" or stupid shows like my super sweet boob job or whatever they are.
    But apparantly... :rolleyes: not being straight (anymore) changes all of this? After coming out to a number of friends in college, I decided to come out to one of my best friends in "the real world". She was sitting on one side of the room, and I on the other.
    I turned to her and I said:
    "Name, look I've something to tell ye, and it's kinda big, so can ye keep it under wraps for a while"

She gets that kind of gossipy look in her eye and asks what it is..
    "Eh, I'm bisexual" [Hold Breath awaits shocked gasp]
    Instead however, she lets out a huge squeal, starts clapping her hands frantically, smiles and says "oh my god oh my god oh my god! We can go shopping!!"

I look at her, apalled and just say "Eh, no"
    The utter look of disappointment on her face!

Another time I had to explain to one of my friends over and over again that yes, non-straight people actually did exist in real life and no, they weren't just on the telly. :eek:

So any funny stories?

The funniest thing I have ever heard in relation to the LGBT community was last year when Youth Defense ( who have or at least used to have their offices on the same street) hired a truck to advertise an extreme anti-abortion poster opposite Pantibar.

Call me nuts but I just don't think many gay people are the Irish demographic most affected by it's abortion laws.

They also hired to park outside the rape crisis center later that day :(

I don't know what the thinking was in relation that one.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Speaking of the funny side of being trans, I reckon this is the funniest video on all of youtube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktKIBXxdDXU
    Hilarious!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

tumblr_mly0k1836V1qdyteno1_500.jpg

Advertisement