Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Jason Todd wrote: »
    -I'm excited to see where the Gov will go from here! He doesn't seem as much of a threat without a whole town behind him now but on the other side of the coin, he is a desperate man, so who knows what he is capable of!

I think most people have seen enough of him. I personally have. Do people really want another 16 episodes of them after the Governor?
    Its not like they'll do a few episodes more of the Governor and then go onto another arc they'll use the same arc for another 16 episodes.
    -We might get to see more standalone episodes like the Rick/Carl/Michonne one rather than one long narrative next season as there won't be the constant contrast of Woodbury and the Prison. There may be more road trips and scavenging missions to keep things fresh.
    Hopefully. It'll more than likely be a lot of filler episodes because they won't be able to drag the Governor arc out for another 16 episodes, they already had trouble doing it this season without filler episodes.
    -A lot of people are hating the fact that another season will be spent in the prison. Not only is that búllshít as most fans couldn't wait to get to the prison this time last year, but really they've done nothing cool with it bar the episode where T-Dog and Lori died. Will they fortify it? Really lock it down and we might see how well it will stand up to a full on assault or maybe even under siege from a herd of walkers!
    Key word in this is last year. After a full year people want something new.
    It will be boring to watch them farming and fortifying the prison.
    -Tyreese will have more room to develop and become the central character we all know he can be.
    Agreed.
    -Ricks madness appears to be over. I think we could all agree that's a good thing, but now he has a whole new dynamic between himself and Carl to deal with. That will be interesting.
    Its good and bad, it was interesting character development. Though I am more interested to see Carl's development.

I'm just disappointed they aren't following the comic arc. A full season on the road would be a lot better than another season in the

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They've turned the Gov into a real comic book style villain now. He could strike at any time in any way.
    I couldn't believe the scenes with Andrea, see deserved to die. Stopping for a chat during your escape?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Why didnt they all move to woodbury, instead of going back to the prison?

Woodbury was fairly secure, they were are sleeping in nice houses, growing little gardens etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Personally, I thought the season finale was rubbish. No cliffhangers or anything. Can't say I will be looking for to the next season if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

deadly picture of the cast for season 4

twds4.jpg

edit: resized

Why is Andrea there?

I thought Carl was spot on. Drop the gun means drop the gun. It was a war.

Not crazy on the finale. Think I will forget about WD for a while and pick it up again when it's in mid season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Why is Andrea there?

Not crazy on the finale. Think I will forget about WD for a while and pick it up again when it's in mid season.

I think it's quite possible we'll see some element of Carl being overly trigger happy having a terrible consequence next season but then will redeem himself by doing the exact same thing but the outcome being better.

So, for example, he'll kill someone else who's innocent but then kill someone who totally deserved it with the same cold-bloodedness.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Gbear wrote: »
    I think it's quite possible we'll see some element of Carl being overly trigger happy having a terrible consequence next season but then will redeem himself by doing the exact same thing but the outcome being better.

So, for example, he'll kill someone else who's innocent but then kill someone who totally deserved it with the same cold-bloodedness.

Agree, his redemption could possibly be killing the governor as he reigns down on Rick in S4? That'd tie in nicely with his retort to Rick on not killing baddies when you had the chance, i.e. the meeting between Rick and the gov in the barn a couple of episodes back. It's also pave the way for the story to move on, making Woodbury a safe alternative to the prison and/or a whole new story arch involving Carl as a protagonist in his own right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

One thing I don't like is how at the beginning you had to be bitten to come back as a zombie but as the series went on, once you died you turned and in about a minute, whereas before it was hours. I know the scientist guy told Rick that everyone is infected but did he explain how?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    One thing I don't like is how at the beginning you had to be bitten to come back as a zombie but as the series went on, once you died you turned and in about a minute, whereas before it was hours. I know the scientist guy told Rick that everyone is infected but did he explain how?

Its airborne. You always turned into a zombie upon death, we just never found out until the end of season 2.
    The amount of time for someone to turn varies, it could take minutes or hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

The bites act as a catalyst to the virus, effectively killing the host and they become a zombie as they would have if they had died of natural causes.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. It was really bugging me.

Another thing that has niggled at me is that when Rick told Murrell about the deal he struck with the Govenor, I expected Murrell to realise that the Govenor had no intention of honouring that deal, seeing as how the Govenor totally stitched up both him and Daryl. I kept waiting for Murrell to pull Daryl aside and try to convince him that the whole thing was pointless as the Govenor would strike anyways and they should just abandon the group while they could. It would've been perfect as Daryl's final test to the group. The build up to the finale was brilliant but it was a bit of a let down. Even though Murrell redeemed himself by letting Michonne go, I can't accept that he would've been naive enough to believe in the first place that handing her over would've solved anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I found that odd too. At the end of one episode Rick said we are going to war, the start of the next show he was ready to hand your wan over to avoid a war.

The show has lost it's way a bit I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

It would have been so much better if we had just kept merle at the prison and none of that stuff with michonne happened and we had gotten andrea,milton,tyreese and sasha and maybe karen and her son back to the prison and then an epic war between the prison group nd woodbury happened. But instead we got the build up to the war then andrea and milton dying(needlessly mind you)and the governor killing just about every person in his army.
    WHAT A LETDOWN FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The show has really lost its way.
    Probably covered before, but I'll post it anyway.
    Remember when they got to the prison and they had to clear the area? They just walked up to the walkers and stabbed them in the face? Cleared the whole area. The shows directors seem to have forgotten that. Gunshots attract walkers, and Rick the big eijit is walking around with a large caliber unsilenced revolver! A stabbing weapon or melee weapon is the only weapon they should be using.
    Don't get me started with a crossbow. Takes about a minute to reload and you have to go and get the bolt after you fired it.

I found that odd too. At the end of one episode Rick said we are going to war, the start of the next show he was ready to hand your wan over to avoid a war.

The show has lost it's way a bit I fear.
    It seems like it has a touch of "Lost" about it. Loads of potential but the writers aren't being consistent and are in danger of losing the plot altogether. I'll still hold out for the next season and see how it goes from there.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    It would have been so much better if we had just kept merle at the prison and none of that stuff with michonne happened and we had gotten andrea,milton,tyreese and sasha and maybe karen and her son back to the prison and then an epic war between the prison group nd woodbury happened. But instead we got the build up to the war then andrea and milton dying(needlessly mind you)and the governor killing just about every person in his army.
    WHAT A LETDOWN FFS.
    Andrea could be an annoying character but she became likeable towards the end. I think her and Milton would have been an excellent addition to the prison group.

The bit where the governor killed all his people was a WTF? moment. For so long we have been anticipating a war and next thing the governor guns down all his own people???

As for taking all the people back to the prison, I don't see how that happened. They were happy there and had relatively normal lives, then they give that up on the say so of the prison people who they were lead to believe wanted to kill them? They had so much faith in their Governor that he almost symbolised their hope and to turn their back on that is a huge leap.

Would it not have made more sense for them to have stayed at Woodbury? I suppose we'll find out in the next season but I can only hope they tie up all the lose ends or they have ruined a really good show.

I thought the same. Carl was given the responsibility of protecting the weaker members of his group ie his baby sister, the crippled old doctor and the doctors young daughter. The guy was awful slow in lowering his gun and Carl didn't know if the guy was going to try and overpower him. He knew what would happen if the guy got the better of him.
    Gbear wrote: »

It will be interesting to see how the writers take the character of Carl from here. I hope they don't ruin him. He has gone from an annoying kid to a valuable member of the team. It's easy to say that he shot that kid in cold blood but he thought he was protecting his group.

This is the kid who went back and shot his dying mother in the head. The flash back he had when doing this was his father telling him "no more kid stuff......" He did what had to be done then but he also showed humanity when he risked his life so that his baby sister could have a picture of her mother. When he got back from that trip he told Rick that Michonne was a member of the group.

I really hope they don't make Carl into a cold blooded killer. He has the potential to be the best of both Rick and Shane. Someone who puts the best interests of the group first, without forgetting that they aren't a bunch of cavemen who have to treat anyone they meet as a threat and eliminate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭anucksunamun

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I thought the same. Carl was given the responsibility of protecting the weaker members of his group ie his baby sister, the crippled old doctor and the doctors young daughter. The guy was awful slow in lowering his gun and Carl didn't know if the guy was going to try and overpower him. He knew what would happen if the guy got the better of him.

It will be interesting to see how the writers take the character of Carl from here. I hope they don't ruin him. He has gone from an annoying kid to a valuable member of the team. It's easy to say that he shot that kid in cold blood but he thought he was protecting his group.

This is the kid who went back and shot his dying mother in the head. The flash back he had when doing this was his father telling him "no more kid stuff......" He did what had to be done then but he also showed humanity when he risked his life so that his baby sister could have a picture of her mother. When he got back from that trip he told Rick that Michonne was a member of the group.

I really hope they don't make Carl into a cold blooded killer. He has the potential to be the best of both Rick and Shane. Someone who puts the best interests of the group first, without forgetting that they aren't a bunch of cavemen who have to treat anyone they meet as a threat and eliminate them.

I know they do not stick to the comics.. but Carl's character is very dark in them. I agree with you, it would be nice to see him develop.

You know what I don't get at all about the last episode.. why on earth after Ricks refusal to let other people into their group, and also passing that hitcher.. Would he bring back all the people who the Governor thought incapable of fighting.. all new 'drains' on their meagre resources..

I know they do not stick to the comics.. but Carl's character is very dark in them. I agree with you, it would be nice to see him develop.

You know what I don't get at all about the last episode.. why on earth after Ricks refusal to let other people into their group, and also passing that hitcher.. Would he bring back all the people who the Governor thought incapable of fighting.. all new 'drains' on their meagre resources..
    Rick is all over the place. He was the one who was begging Hershel to keep them but shows no mercy to others. He keeps changing his mind and isn't a strong leader at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I think its just inconsistent characeter development at this stage ...:( So disappointing this show could be so good and it just makes me so sad. I wish they could just reshoot the finale . Andreas death just irritates me so much, she had so much poltential as a character, and there were so many poltential plotlines and other characters her character could have helped to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LaurajC

*Spoiler Alert*
    well i've just finished season 3 and to be honest, I was disappointed with the ending! You know what really pisses me off about rick and his merry men though is that when they first take over the prison the predominantly use weapons like crowbars and the like to kill the zombies as bullets were precious. Now that they're in there with the guns and bullets they have lost the cop on to go up to the fence when they're on duty to gather the zombies and slice anything through their heads, why the hell do they wait until something happens and all the zombies land in at once! I watch this show going mad that they're zombies there and nobody will just kill them when they're behind the fence and protected.

Also with regards to Resident Evil, it's in the end of the first one/ start of the second movie that she wakes up in a hospital to walk into an empty city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

LaurajC wrote: »
    *Spoiler Alert*
    well i've just finished season 3 and to be honest, I was disappointed with the ending! You know what really pisses me off about rick and his merry men though is that when they first take over the prison the predominantly use weapons like crowbars and the like to kill the zombies as bullets were precious. Now that they're in there with the guns and bullets they have lost the cop on to go up to the fence when they're on duty to gather the zombies and slice anything through their heads, why the hell do they wait until something happens and all the zombies land in at once! I watch this show going mad that they're zombies there and nobody will just kill them when they're behind the fence and protected.

Also with regards to Resident Evil, it's in the end of the first one/ start of the second movie that she wakes up in a hospital to walk into an empty city!

They kept the walkers around the fences as an extra barrier of protection from Woodbury/looters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I'm sure it will be answered in the next season, but I'm slightly confused as to why they didn't take over woodbury rather than returning to the prison at the end with all the old people and kids etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

not enough people to keep it secure, and the prison is safer maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd want to stay in the prison. It's designed to keep people in/out.

In this type of apocalypse setting people are going to want to go back to walled towns and castles.

The prison has loads of land that they can farm. Woodbury didn't and relied on people going on scavaging tours. Eventually they will have to become self sufficient as they will use up all the resources in their scavage zone. Heck they might even find some cows and sheep to keep.

Advertisement