Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My idea for a tattoo

• 05-01-2012 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Ok well ive decided on my Tattoo, Had wanted to go for something Irish but not a real love of crosses, So Ive decided to get the shield of the Rohirrim from LOTR with Mam & Dad under it in Elvish, Just wondering what people think of it as an Idea:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Pic ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Pic ?

It's just my two, but those who wouldn't know would see it as a Celtic cross piece. But sure once you're happy with it then why worry?

Massive pic is massive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Yeah they probably would see that alright, I would know myself it wasnt so I think wed all be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

astonaidan wrote: »
    Ok well ive decided on my Tattoo, Had wanted to go for something Irish but not a real love of crosses, So Ive decided to get the shield of the Rohirrim from LOTR with Mam & Dad under it in Elvish, Just wondering what people think of it as an Idea:D

The correct answer is it doesn't matter a damn what anyone thinks except you, as you're the person who'll have it on you forever.

If you're not 100% sure, wait it out and your true feelings will surface... either you'll get sick of it eventually, or else you'll continue to love it and know it's the right choice for you.

Personally, I wouldn't be pushed on it, but again that doesn't matter - mine might look like a giant blob of ****e in your opinion, but once I'm happy that's all that matters.

One thing I'd HIGHLY advise is to research the elvish script very, very thoroughly. I wouldn't advise a foreign script unless you can read it, as you might find out too late that it's wrong and you're stuck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

looks like a pretty cool idea for a tattoo, OP
    where are you thinking of getting it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Thinking either the calf or bicep, Will have to investigate elvish abit alright to make sure of it

Advertisement