Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Becoming a Real Runner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

How many training manuals have you digested now?
    Sometimes its like looking at a different number system there with the amount of numbers referenced.

I've only ever read P&D advanced marathoning.

4 Miles
    @ 8:40 pace. Shortest run I have done in a very long time. There'll be 2 more like that this week. Not feeling bad :eek:

WTD 1 Run 4 miles

Month|No. of days Runnning|Miles
    January|28/31|256.3
    February|24/28|236.9
    March|23/31|221.9
    April|3/4|23.3
    Total|78/94|737.4

claralara wrote: »
    What he really wants to know is whether she'l go weak at the knees when he walks in with his ultra medal around his neck... Hate to burst your bubble dude but she'll have her own!

No it'll be your friend doing the half that'll go weak at the knees :pac:
    Maybe that's what he wants, someone who can keep going for as long as he can...

;)
    digger2d2 wrote: »
    She will if she's running behind him and he's had the pre-race fry up :eek:

Can't wait for my jumbo breakfast roll on sunday morning :P Hopefully it'll get me up those hills at the end :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Maybe that's what he wants, someone who can keep going for as long as he can...

Just because a man has stamina for one activity it does not mean he has stamina in other activites. Sadly.

Just because a man has stamina for one activity it does not mean he has stamina in other activites. Sadly.

Name and shame :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was referring to running, you're just interpreting it the wrong way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I was referring to running, you're just interpreting it the wrong way.

The other activity I was referring to was post-race drinking. I think meno and digger thought I was talking about something else though. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

The other activity I was referring to was post-race drinking. I think meno and digger thought I was talking about something else though. :confused:

Nope, I knew you were talking about drinking...It's all you ever think about ;)

7.3 miles home from work @ 8:30 pace. Decided to test the planned pace for sunday out. I wore the HR tonight hoping to get an idea of the effort at this pace. Av HR turns out to be 140 which I am pretty pleased with as it's just about recovery effort.

WTD 2 Run 11.3 miles

January|28/31|256.3
    February|24/28|236.9
    March|23/31|221.9
    April|4/5|30.6
    Total|79/95|744.7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭ Davis Big Limo

Whats that 76% of your max hr? Should be a stroll in the park for you then:p Best of luck the weekend.

• Advertisement

Whats that 76% of your max hr? Should be a stroll in the park for you then:p Best of luck the weekend.

Yep, that's 76%. Now the trick is just to see if the legs hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yep, that's 76%. Now the trick is just to see if the legs hold up.
    Yeah it wont be lungs and heart ect.. that give you grief. It will be ye olde legs that willdecide how the day wil go. For me anyway:D

7.3 miles back into work again (9min/mile pace). Had a few glasses of wine last night so I was a bit parched this morning but ran in with no food or water on board anyways. Pace felt fine and the big hill at the end was easier than ever despite maintaining the pace. A few minutes slower than last week but there was no big wind at the back like there was then.

Just a couple of short runs on friday and saturday ahead of the big one :eek:

WTD 3 Runs 18.6 miles

January|28/31|256.3
    February|24/28|236.9
    March|23/31|221.9
    April|5/6|37.9
    Total|80/96|752

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Wow Meno, I'm in awe at the work you've put in this year. Hope Sunday goes brilliantly for you - you deserve it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Best of luck on Sun meno :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

good luck Sunday - go win that bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Not sure there is any point wishing you 'good luck' as you always run so well! Have a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Good Luck on Sunday big man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Have a great run, meno. You've put in the effort - now it's yours for the taking. Hopefully see you on the day.

Looks like someone let of a Dr Phil bomb in here:D

• Advertisement

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Looks like someone let of a Dr Phil bomb in here:D
    LOL yeah, and I still have 2 runs before the race :pac:

Thanks for the suport everyone. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Oh, are you running some race this weekend? Good luck with that.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have a great race Meno! Enjoy every one of those 39.3 miles!

Have a great race Meno! Enjoy every one of those 39.3 miles!
    Dont worry meno ill get you through till the end then blst you on the fnishing straight:D

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Dont worry meno ill get you through till the end then blst you on the fnishing straight:D

If I'm still with you near the end I'll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Not that you need it with your prep but good luck Sunday and ENJOY it!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

Everything I have seen on the log projects to a really good run on Sunday. You have trained hard , but intelligently, and recovering quickly from Donadea to run a PB in Barcelona one week earlier is a very good indicator. It's the most enjoyable road race I have ever run. I think you will love it on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I hope you’ve got your jump leads and tow rope ready to get me over that finish line!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Enjoy Sunday and I hope we bump into each other Sunday night and have a scoop or three :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Good luck on Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement