Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 a side soccer in Newbridge

• 05-01-2010 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Now that the New Year has started you are probably thinking that you want to get out and get rid of that spare tyre which is starting to form!

We are a bunch of boardies plus friends who play a 5 / 6 a side game in Newbridge Town FC every Tuesday night at 8pm. We are looking for a few more people who are interested in playing.

If you want to join us please let me know. It is only €6 per night and there is a good bunch of guys who play regularly. We need about 3 or 4 more regular players and I reckon we will be good until the summer at least.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

twenty8 wrote: »
    Now that the New Year has started you are probably thinking that you want to get out and get rid of that spare tyre which is starting to form!

We are a bunch of boardies plus friends who play a 5 / 6 a side game in Newbridge Town FC every Tuesday night at 8pm. We are looking for a few more people who are interested in playing.

If you want to join us please let me know. It is only €6 per night and there is a good bunch of guys who play regularly. We need about 3 or 4 more regular players and I reckon we will be good until the summer at least.

hello i might be interested should I pm you for / with details?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

You are very welcome. Send me your name and mobile number and I will put you on the list. You will need to register on teamer.net.

The game is at 8pm in Newbridge Town FC. We didn't play last night as the pitch was too icy and was cancelled early in the day. Fingers crossed for next Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

twenty8 wrote: »
    You are very welcome. Send me your name and mobile number and I will put you on the list. You will need to register on teamer.net.

The game is at 8pm in Newbridge Town FC. We didn't play last night as the pitch was too icy and was cancelled early in the day. Fingers crossed for next Tuesday.

will do cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RedNiall

Just wanted to echo what Twenty said about our game on tuesday night. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and the games have always been played in a fun relaxed manner. We do however need about three or four more regular players so if this sounds like it suits you we would be delighted to hear from you. Players of any ability and age are welcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

RedNiall wrote: »
    Just wanted to echo what Twenty said about our game on tuesday night. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and the games have always been played in a fun relaxed manner. We do however need about three or four more regular players so if this sounds like it suits you we would be delighted to hear from you. Players of any ability and age are welcome.

IF ANYONE FANCIES A GAME TONIGHT AND ARE ABLE TO PLAY
    AT 8 O'CLOCK PLEASE POST HERE OR PM ME.

WE ARE SHORT ON NUMBERS AND ALL NEW PLAYERS ARE VERY WELCOME.

THANKS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Were short two players for tomorrow night if any one fancies a run out , have 8 at the moment .

Game is at 8 on the Astro pitches in Newbridge Football club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

If you're really stuck for a player, and I mean really stuck I could go.

Never played that much football and my fitness would not be fantastic but at least I could stand there.

Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Not very fit and not too hot at football - You will fit right in.

Come down for 8 - You've nothing to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Ok, see ya then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

If you're really stuck for a player, and I mean really stuck I could go.

Never played that much football and my fitness would not be fantastic but at least I could stand there.

Let me know.

Come along definitely ,

Not much fitnees and just standing there pretty much sounds like the rest of us :pac::pac:

We are on the first Astro pitch at 8PM Newbridge Town Football Club .

Any more takers ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 manu4life

Still looking for players for Tuesday night at 8?

manu4life wrote: »
    Still looking for players for Tuesday night at 8?

Just sent you a pm there , yep were always looking for players to keep the numbers up !

Cheers

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 manu4life

Thanks for that Pistolpetes11..I've just replied to your pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 elstudio2000

Hi Lads, I used to play soccer on a weekly basis down south, have since moved to newbridge to follow my job, looking to integrate into the community :) LOL I can run and play when I want ha

Tuesday is an ideal eve for me and hopefully weather stays good like it is....

I'd defo drop down as a regular keep it going before I seize up!!!

Let me know if there is a space to drop down I'll do it next tuesday....drop me a PM for my mobile and ya can simply drop me a txt to drop in or watever

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mrval

I would be up for it if ye still need people let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RedNiall

Sorry, but we are good for players for now. We were stuck around May, but have more than enough for the time being.

Were taking on new players at the moment folks if anyone is interested ,

Tuesdays at 8 pm in the grounds of Newbridge Football Club across the from the train station .

Still looking for a few extra players if anyone is interested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I might be able to make it. I'll be coming from baltinglass so 8 gives me time. My standard is poor but at least I'll get in the way:p I assume it's an hour long game? Give us a shout with the dets

Short 2 for tonight if anyone is interested ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 PatTheBaker666

Anyone looking for a player? I'm just after moving to Newbridge but dont mind travelling a bit for a game...naas or kildare whatever. Not the fittest but getting there so not too serious! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Anyone looking for a player? I'm just after moving to Newbridge but dont mind travelling a bit for a game...naas or kildare whatever. Not the fittest but getting there so not too serious! Cheers

Just saw that this thread is 3 years old but if there is something going still then I could drop by. Moved to rathangan recently So just down the road. Let me know

Yep the lads the game is still going , PM your details ( Name , email number and Il put you onto the text list )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Yep the lads the game is still going , PM your details ( Name , email number and Il put you onto the text list )

Howdy, what night(s) do you guys play and is it at the sports centre?

Howdy, what night(s) do you guys play and is it at the sports centre?

Play at Newbridge town football club , just across from the train station , @ 8PM every Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

We are 1 short tonight and are looking for someone to play tonight and onwards. This game has been ongoing for over 3 years and we try and top up on people every now and again. Game guaranteed every week!!

PM me if you are interested in playing either tonight or some other week.

Couple of spaces tonight if anyone is interested , reply here or PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hapteron1

Looking for 5-a-side game in newbridge if you he game is still going every week. Let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mikecondon93

I know this is an old post but is this still running?
    Looking for 5 a side newbridge/naas area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Game in Kilcullen 8-9 going on every Monday since 2003 (1/3 of Astro pitch). Mostly 25 - 45 year old region, usually 7 a side but can sometimes go to two pitches for 9 or 10 a side. PM if interested.....

Advertisement