Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva HD Combo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Did you try press the green audio button while watching RTE1. You get
    Language set to 1/3 (English)
    Level Normal
    Track Stereo

If I set Language to 2/3 (nar) I get no sound.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fisherking

Perfect!
    Simple when you know how.....

my new BFFriendo !
    Thanks a mil
    FRIENDO wrote: »
    Did you try press the green audio button while watching RTE1. You get
    Language set to 1/3 (English)
    Level Normal
    Track Stereo

If I set Language to 2/3 (nar) I get no sound.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

I just purchased an Ariva 120HD and updated it to v2.15 software via usb. Now its dead and just displays "ASH" on the front lcd. Anyone know of any way to reset it or force upload an older firmware? Any help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dekalb

Hi jackbauer,

You may be able to restore your firmware if you have a NULL-Modem serial cable through the STB EROM Upgrade tool from ALi. At least, I was able to dump a complete firmware, from an Ariva 120, using it and my understanding is that it can reflash any ALi M3602 based STB, even if bricked (though I have only tried a dump, so I can't promise that'll work).

You can download the tool here.

If successful, please report, as this will help others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mmmmcl

Can someone provide instructions on how to copy just the channel list from one Ariva 220HD to another one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

dekalb wrote: »
    Hi jackbauer,

You may be able to restore your firmware if you have a NULL-Modem serial cable through the STB EROM Upgrade tool from ALi. At least, I was able to dump a complete firmware, from an Ariva 120, using it and my understanding is that it can reflash any ALi M3602 based STB, even if bricked (though I have only tried a dump, so I can't promise that'll work).

You can download the tool here.

If successful, please report, as this will help others.

ASH is a wrong firmware flash message! Standard.... usually time for Jtag lab.

Nearly impossible to kill M3602 A or B chips. Serial Boot rom loader onboard.

What size was the dump off the ariva.
    mmmmcl wrote: »
    Can someone provide instructions on how to copy just the channel list from one Ariva 220HD to another one?

The Ariva 200 and the Ariva 220/120 are different software by the way in case anyone gets confused and flashes the wrong firmware.

The user db is the channel list as far as I am aware and can be copied alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 patolocko67

Hi all most of the kids channels have gone any ideas why?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

looks like they're coming from a different transponder from about 2 weeks ago, if you use 11307 (I think) instead of 11642, that's where they are now.

Sorry if the numbers are off, the box is at home...

Cheers,
    Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Hi all most of the kids channels have gone any ideas why?

They are not gone , the broadcaster changed transponder frequency . A tranposnder scan with the new frequency should get it back .

http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Frequently_Asked_Questions.html

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dekalb

STB wrote: »
    Nearly impossible to kill M3602 A or B chips. Serial Boot rom loader onboard.
    Yup, more and more SoCs have serial recovery ROM these days, so you can actually reflash a completely bricked or unititialized system using nothing but a serial cable. Don't even need JTAG. The recovery software sends a bare-metal executable, that then takes over the flashing operations. Short of a hardware problem, I'm pretty sure the software I linked to will recover a bricked M3602 based Ariva unit no matter what, but it would be nice to have confirmation.
    What size was the dump off the ariva.
    4 MB, and identical to the official .abs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

I have a little issue with my Ferguson Ariva 120, basically the sound cuts every now and then for a second or so, it doesn't always happen but it's quite annoying.

The thing is I had already a dish installed and I was using another receiver and I haven't had this issue before.

I haven't updated the firmware neither.

Do you know what causes this problem guys?

Cheers.

Why the double post ?

peace2804 wrote: »
    I have a little issue with my Ferguson Ariva 120,

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

Sorry I just didn't know which one is visited the most :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Dessiemc27

hello i have a Ferguson Ariva T60 HD Digital MPEG4 box. Got it in for the ireland v slovakia game (waste of time really !) it worked fine for 2 days then we had a powercut and when i switch the box on all that comes up on the screen is the word boot and a green light and then - nothing. It wont work at all. has anyone else had this problem?

The installer is coming out before tomorrows game with a new box , but just wondering if there is a reset function on the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭myironlung

Removed (wrong thread)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tessupnorth

I recently got one of these boxes after a few uses I had noticed the box had a habit of freezing or sticking at boot, after one of these i tried switching it off and on only it is now dead not a flicker of life in it, not impressed

I recently got one of these boxes after a few uses I had noticed the box had a habit of freezing or sticking at boot, after one of these i tried switching it off and on only it is now dead not a flicker of life in it, not impressed

My replacement box lasted a whole 11 days before it gave up the ghost aswell. These t60 boxes are very poor quality. We had powercuts due to the high winds and seemingly they cannot handle power surges at all..

Do not buy a ferguson t60 ariva box, as they are awful.

Dessiemc27 wrote: »

My replacement box lasted a whole 11 days before it gave up the ghost aswell. These t60 boxes are very poor quality. We had powercuts due to the high winds and seemingly they cannot handle power surges at all..

Do not buy a ferguson t60 ariva box, as they are awful.

Does anybody have an alternative solution to the ariva t60? There is bound to be a box commercially available that is of better build quality at least .

When you examine the t60 you find that the plug is a 2 pin European type that has been fitted with a plug adapter to work.

My second ariva box powers up but the graphics have wavy lines running through them and it won't tune a single station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Was told today that a walker Saorview box would be an option. I can pick up all the extra RTE channels and The free view ones you get on a standard digibox.

Had a look at the box today , looks good. There are not many reviews online though.

Has anybody out there experienced problems with the ferguson ariva T60?

• Advertisement

Guys this thread is about the combo not the T60 which is not a combo box.

sorry tony i will start a new thread..

Dessiemc27 wrote: »
    sorry tony i will start a new thread..

No need to be sorry Dessie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hustle

can the same firmware and channel list be used to update both these boxes

Also thanks Tony received ariva 120 yesterday great service just plugged it in and had to do nothoing else. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

No. They are different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Djrio

shblob wrote: »
    No. They are different.

Does anyone have the latest firmaware and channel list for the Ferguson Ariva 220 HD Combo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Galsat

Hi, I purchased 2 ariva combo 120s and when i plug them in i get a "no ch" message on the display and it is like it is frozen and wont let me into menu etc, does anybody have any idea what the problem could be as i have installed these before with no problems, thanks in advance for your help.

What do you see on the tv's display ?

Galsat wrote: »
    Hi, I purchased 2 ariva combo 120s and when i plug them in i get a "no ch" message on the display and it is like it is frozen and wont let me into menu etc, does anybody have any idea what the problem could be as i have installed these before with no problems, thanks in advance for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Galsat

Hi i sorted problem thanks, dodgy input on tv, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jimrad

Hi folks..probably risking a slap here..but have to ask..I have been reading that the original HD combo can be patched to run with cccam...does anybody have a how to or tutorial on how to patch this box?..
    cheers

Advertisement