Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Breakfast in Limerick

• 23-08-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Where do ye guys think serve up the best breakfast?
    Be it a dirty fry after a nights drinking or a more healthy option. There aren't too many places that offer up a selection, other than the typical breakfast, is there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

delish in raheen offer a great range of breakfast (think they have other locations also)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

John Street Deli. Got a breakfast in there a few weeks ago that was so good, I took a picture. Will post it later as I've no access to the pic here in work. Jumbo breakfast was incredible though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I like a fry but the prices got crazy in town,their doing offers now when they were on their knees
    Dolans use to be good but got very expensive,The clarion very nice too alot of extra options like flapjacks,heathly stuff,cheese but gain very expensive but they are doing a buffet breakfast now 10euro all you can eat

Actaully can add to the thread whats the prices around town?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Wild Onion. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

John Street Deli. Got a breakfast in there a few weeks ago that was so good, I took a picture. Will post it later as I've no access to the pic here in work. Jumbo breakfast was incredible though.

+1,great place to get some breakfast,do nice breakfast rolls too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭jfh

Wild Onion gets my vote too. great place to go if your alone the american hostess/owner is good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

wild onion or the stand in the market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Id lovely french toast in Aubars last week... yum :)

I do hear great things about that john st. deli though, must give it a go. anyone got the opening hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Wheelers there at Groody Roundabout Maxol. A right artery clogger but they keep the coffee coming and you usually leave the hangover there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Incy Wincy

for a relatively grease free fry try the Sage Cafe on Catherine Street....went to wild onion for years and got to a stage when the indigestion afterwards was not worth it......Ruth and Bob are a treat to visit though even for coffee alone...yum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone up for the Red Rose Cafe?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

Wheelers is gone gutted and roof off awful shame +1 for the wild onion though

in the harbour?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

in the harbour?

Down by the port...?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cafe on the Row.

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Down by the port...?

just outside Amsterdam?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

just outside Amsterdam?? :D

I hear those things are awfully loud..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tastyboy

Red Rose Cafe near the train station, really good/cheap.

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »
    Wheelers is gone gutted and roof off awful shame +1 for the wild onion though

Think its turning into a Supernmacs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

bigpink wrote: »
    Think its turning into a Supernmacs

Probably for the best, even Supermacs is healthier. Is there anywhere left in Castletroy now?

Wheelers there at Groody Roundabout Maxol. A right artery clogger but they keep the coffee coming and you usually leave the hangover there

I'm sorry for your loss.

smyths do WAFFLES! :cool:

Is symths good for breakfast?awful soul less place tho

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Wild Onion is the best imo, bring your appetite cos you're gonna come out stuffed :D Their prices are very reasonable especially given the portion sizes. Free coffee refills too. Just don't attempt it on a Saturday morning, it's always packed! Ruth and Bob are such nice people and make everyone feel welcome, it's a pleasure everytime :)

bigpink wrote: »
    Is symths good for breakfast?awful soul less place tho

Havnt tried it, just saw menu, they do fairly well for lunches though!
    Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Wild Onion is the best imo, bring your appetite cos you're gonna come out stuffed :D Their prices are very reasonable especially given the portion sizes. Free coffee refills too. Just don't attempt it on a Saturday morning, it's always packed! Ruth and Bob are such nice people and make everyone feel welcome, it's a pleasure everytime :)

Is the Wild Onion winning so?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Cherrycoke wrote: »

Yeah right! :D

p.s. Do a search on "Wild Onion rudeness".

Yeah right! :D

p.s. Do a search on "Wild Onion rudeness".

That's some strong grudge holding there!

place is awesome. if the toast isnt cooked to your liking, you eat toast wrong. Bob can't be wrong about food. ever. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

zuroph wrote: »
    That's some strong grudge holding there!

place is awesome. if the toast isnt cooked to your liking, you eat toast wrong. Bob can't be wrong about food. ever. :D

I only ever went back once since that unsavoury incident. Badly hungover after the All Blacks game last Novemeber. Food was ideal, place was clean, owners eyes were out on stalks! :D

I've no grudge either, just won't forget being abused in public like that for no reason in a hurry.

Quite happy to share that with others on here too.

p.s. Brunch on Upper William St. is pretty good these times.

Advertisement