Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 weeks to the MMA League Finals!

• 14-11-2011 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

The Final Round of the League is almost upon us
    26th of November in Loughlinstown Community Centre, Loughlinstown in Dublin.
    Weigh in will begin at 9:30am, first fights will begin by 11:30, sooner if we can manage it!

I can confirm that Cage Contender talent scouts will be at the League in Dublin, looking for candidates to fight on future cards; so if you are interested in getting on one of the top shows in Ireland, the League is a great place to show what you can do.

If you haven't fought in the League before, and you want to compete next year, fighting at this event will NOT prevent you from competing in the Rookie division next year. The final round is a great way to get some practice in before the League begins fresh next year.

I will be calling fighters in competition for the Finals next week to conform their attendance and announcing the brackets here as they are filled.

To receive a trophy for the division, you must be at the League to receive it and have your picture taken.

Couple of things to remember
    • Final matches deciding division winners will be in a separate ring; they WON'T delay the other matches
    • Everyone can compete in this event even i you never fought in the League before
    • You must be insured with your club to compete, most club policies do this as a matter of course, so just check with your coach
    • We haven't been able to replace Ultimate MMA Supplies yet, so there will NOT be an equipment stand at the event

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

We will have a Professional Camera crew at the League on the 26th of November they will be taking videos of each match and top quality photographs during the day.
    This won't affect anyone looking to take their own pics/vids, but it will give you an option to get a high quality print on the day or a DVD video of your fights.

Huge MMA League news coming for 2012, press release dropping this week, you won't believe it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Sounds brilliant mark , genuinely excited for this one, gona be a great day of fun and games :D

By now I have called every fighter eligible to fight in an MMA League final on Saturday.
    Some people I left messages or texts, so if I was in touch at the weekend and we didn't speak, either give me a call back or send a text saying you are going or not.

The good news is there are some really exciting final matches ready to go at the weekend!
    Because I have been able to confirm who is or isn't fighting in most brackets I can start those matches as soon as the fighters involved arrive and are ready to go!
    Saturday is going to be a great day for the League and will set a nice tone for the HUGE year we are going to have next year :)

Adding the confirmed finals over on the League finals Facebook event page

• Advertisement

Added a lot more confirmed finals on the facebook page

Don't forget everyone the cutoff for registration is at noon tomorrow, if you try and register after that time you will not be able.
    Huuuge interest in the finals this year :)

Registration closing in 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

any results? Also when and where will the next one be?

wingnut4 wrote: »

Some info in this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

wingnut4 wrote: »

Some info in this thread

Good to see ladies competing

Have you noticed an increase in the teen divisions??

I think clubs should really be focusing on getting kids competing

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

it sure is Jason, its also a great start for us rather than jumping straight into a cage!

There will def be two of us there this year from our gym anyways :-)

Advertisement