Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos: tefal actifry 1.2kg down to €129.99, 1.5kg for €199.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

vibe666 wrote: »
    Lowest prices (give or take a euro) I've seen them for the last year.

1.5 kg: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9066629/Trail/searchtext%253EACTIFRY.htm

In stock at most stores too. http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=9066629

1.2kg: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9066650/Trail/searchtext%253EACTIFRY.htm

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId= 9066650

Perfect for oven chips and sausages etc. but go with the Phillips airfryer if you are less interested in chips and are going to cook more delicate foods with breadcrumbs as the actifry has a paddle that stirs things round so delicate coatings will get knocked off with the tefal.

Can't beat frozen oven chips in the tefal though, or even fresh cut chips, particularly if you use a tablespoon of stir fry oil instead of regular.

I got the 1kg one a year ago and it's just a bit too small, so I'd definitely go for bigger one if I had the choice again.

Also, if you have hand cut potato peelings for boiled spuds, they make great crispy skins with some garlic mayo. :)
    Been wanting something like this for ages. Either this or Phillips airfryer? So you would recommend this one ? Some reviews say the paddle can damage some foods! Apart from chips what else is nice in it ?
    Thanks in advance
    Sorry just noticed you mentioned about the paddle above. Hhhhhmmmmm.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

km79 wrote: »
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

;)

Think I'll take the plunge . thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

1.5kg in powercity for €189.99, is the only difference between the one the OP posted and the one I posted the colour or is this an older model.

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=60-15-900240&pages=1&prod=900240&brands=TEFAL&image=

1.5kg in powercity for €189.99, is the only difference between the one the OP posted and the one I posted the colour or is this an older model.

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=60-15-900240&pages=1&prod=900240&brands=TEFAL&image=
    Yeah, you always tend to pay extra for the colour ones. :(

One thing I would say though is that you can quite often squeeze a couple more quid out of the likes of powercity or D.I.D. for a quick cash sale in store, so might worth a punt. :)

• Advertisement

Price gone up on the big one again anyway, so short lived if you didn't pre-order it.

Good news for me though is that we have about 2kg of hand peeled spud peelings leftover from Xmas day for crispy skins in the actifry tomorrow with garlic mayo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Price gone up on the big one again anyway, so short lived if you didn't pre-order it.

Good news for me though is that we have about 2kg of hand peeled spud peelings leftover from Xmas day for crispy skins in the actifry tomorrow with garlic mayo. :)
    So, more on the crispy skins please.
    Peel, wash, dry, cook?
    How long for?
    Coat them with anything?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We have both of these lads, bought the smaller one originally but it didn't do enough for the 5 of us so got the larger model, we use the larger model for chip only and the smaller one for chips/sausages etc.
    Highly recommend, no oil and no lingering smell after cooking, very easy to clean (especially the one with chips only) and the 1.5kg is perfect for a 1.5kg bag of frozen chips, takes about half hour to cook them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭g0g

So tempted to take the plunge on this at last, but kinda killing me knowing that both the black and white 1.5kg versions are showing as having been <£140 (<€ 170) in recent months....

I wonder how haggle-able that Power City price is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

These are coming up at €219 with little woods & also you could try a discount code & maybe get it down a bit more

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/mobile/tefal-aw950040-1350-watt-15kg-family-actifry---black/1148565058.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2ffryer%2fo%2f2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I bought the Airfryer (the larger 1.2 kg model) in Currys for the house for Christmas. I went for the Airfryer because the reviews of the Actifry mentioned the paddle being a hindrance when it came to cooking certain foods as mentioned already, and some of the plastic bits seemed prone to breaking and were quite expensive to replace. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet but the reviews say it's good, probably better overall than the Actifry, but the Actifry does slightly better chips!

The large Airfryer is still going for €170 in Currys and the smaller 1 kg model is €100, those were the best prices I found, certainly before Christmas unless it has been reduced somewhere since in a sale.

donglen wrote: »
    So, more on the crispy skins please.
    Peel, wash, dry, cook?
    How long for?
    Coat them with anything?
    just rinse them off in cold water, drop them in the actifry and throw in a tablespoon of oil (I keep some stirfry oil handy for a extra flavour) and leave cooking for 30 minutes to go crispy before either sprinkling with a little salt and vinegar or even drizzling over garlic mayo and maybe grated cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

just rinse them off in cold water, drop them in the actifry and throw in a tablespoon of oil (I keep some stirfry oil handy for a extra flavour) and leave cooking for 30 minutes to go crispy before either sprinkling with a little salt and vinegar or even drizzling over garlic mayo and maybe grated cheese.

yep, as above. Id dry them first with a tea towel though. 27 minutes for crispy skin goodness. nomnom

dont use olive oil on the chips, spoon of crispndry. Think Im on the same bottle months and we use the actifry at least 3-4 times a week.

we use it for chips & chicken wings and skins only. no meat, dries it out, tried a few times. tried a fry in it once, yuck. never again.

Been waiting for the larger one to come up on sale. http://www.hotukdeals.com/ carries it now and again at some crazy prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

blastman wrote: »
    I bought the Airfryer (the larger 1.2 kg model) in Currys for the house for Christmas. I went for the Airfryer because the reviews of the Actifry mentioned the paddle being a hindrance when it came to cooking certain foods as mentioned already, and some of the plastic bits seemed prone to breaking and were quite expensive to replace. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet but the reviews say it's good, probably better overall than the Actifry, but the Actifry does slightly better chips!

The large Airfryer is still going for €170 in Currys and the smaller 1 kg model is €100, those were the best prices I found, certainly before Christmas unless it has been reduced somewhere since in a sale.

I bought the airfryer yesterday from Amazon for £69 free delivery..I had the acti fry but the paddle broke and when I got the replacement the motor broke:(

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I have tefal one for over a year now and best investment ever. I agree don't use olive oil. I use spoon sunflower oil and they are nice and crispy. Take about 27 minutes ish give or take a minute or so. Great thing is on e you get started you can go back after 27 minutes and they are done. No minding /looking after them. Buy buy buy

tantipie wrote: »
    I bought the airfryer yesterday from Amazon for £69 free delivery..I had the acti fry but the paddle broke and when I got the replacement the motor broke:(

Do you have link for one you got on Amazon please .Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Nom-nom, looking forward to trying this. Picked up the 1.2kg one from Argos today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

These actifrys had a reputation for spontaneous combustion at one stage, not sure if that was an earlier model and the issue has been fixed but it's something to be mindful of, lots of reports on the net if them bursting into flames. Of course the traditional deep fryer has caused many a house fire as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

mickeyk wrote: »
    These actifrys had a reputation for spontaneous combustion at one stage, not sure if that was an earlier model and the issue has been fixed but it's something to be mindful of, lots of reports on the net if them bursting into flames. Of course the traditional deep fryer has caused many a house fire as well.

It was the very early models.
    I have had one for 4 or 5 years and know several people with them ,none of whom have had an incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭loopymum

It was the earlier models alright.

I had one a couple of years ago but only got use out of it for about 14 months, at that stage the lid had bits missing and cracked, the paddle was also broken and individually all the parts were very expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭g0g

tantipie wrote: »

Is that a third type in the equation then as this isn't what I thought the Airfryer was. I thought it was made by Tefal?

Thanks.Anyone know which is better ? Breville or Tefal ?id ratter pay the extra for Tefal if it's better especially paying so much for a fryer in 1st place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

km79 wrote: »
    Been wanting something like this for ages. Either this or Phillips airfryer? So you would recommend this one ? Some reviews say the paddle can damage some foods! Apart from chips what else is nice in it ?
    Thanks in advance

I have the actifry it came with recipe book but I love spaghetti bolognese sauce from it. Fry mince n onion till brown only takes few minutes, add veg few more min then add passata and tin of tomatoes then leave for about 20 minutes. Simply delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Just picked mine up there. I still have a reservation for Dun Laoghaire which is good till close of business today if anyone wants it just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Shred

I've had one of these for about 3 years now, fantastic device and never an issue with it, I really can't recommend them highly enough. There were stories of them going on fire but for me this is due to people overloading them and not adhering to the weight guidelines. Bro in law has the Philips one and while they're good they're not as versatile as the Actifry imo (the paddle can be taken out of the latter if necessary). Lots of great, simple & tasty recipes here http://tfalactifry.com/recipes or here http://nutritiousanddelicious.co.uk/recipes/Default.aspx and I'lle doing one today, there's a lot more to it than chips ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Shred

I did this one in d'Actifry tonight - http://tfalactifry.com/recipes/view/chicken-biryani; absolutely delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭The lips

1.5kg is €180 in Kildare village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Did chips for the first time in my actifry and wasn't blown away. They were just like oven chips, nice and fuffy alright but very dry, burnt tips with soggy bits too. I used fresh cut chips so will have to do a bit of experementing. Might try two scoops of oil but that kinda defeats the purpose. Any tips from you actifry pros?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I love sausages from actifry. Add no oil though as sausages have a lot of their own grease

Advertisement