Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

patto_chan wrote: »
    Steady if unspectacular progress:
    29 aircraft - mostly Boeing but bought my first Airbus today:
    I would advise you to look at getting a few A340-200. Don't bother with the A330s yet. A342 is cheaper than the B787-800 and gives a similar return. Its a very effcient aircraft. My boom in expansion was based on a 60/40 split of A342/B788.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Griffair Update:

Fleet

A319-200 x 6
    A320-200 x 6
    A330-300 x 5
    BAe146 x 50
    A321-200 x 8
    B787-8 x 1
    A318 Elite x 9
    A318-100 x 4
    A340-200 x 6
    A319-100CJ x 8
    B747-100 x 2
    CRJ 100 x 16
    ATR 42-300 x 3
    SD3-60 x 1

Routes
    route_graph_all.php?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Hmm apparantly we have no routes lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

after OMAC Airlines fuel crisis this morning which grounded all my planes I've managed over the day to build fuel reserves up to 125,000,000lbs of fuel and buy another 6 B707s which is good progress.

Share price still took a hammering though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Got my fuel stores to over 140mill lbs, but I've 43 MD80's flying so I'll need it :-)

current map
    route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1461936234

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

Dacian wrote: »
    I would advise you to look at getting a few A340-200. Don't bother with the A330s yet. A342 is cheaper than the B787-800 and gives a similar return. Its a very effcient aircraft. My boom in expansion was based on a 60/40 split of A342/B788.

I would back this up. I went slightly the other way 60/40 toward the 787-8. A great fleet combination in my opinion. I think I may start buying 777-200/Md-11 or 747-300s. Carry over 400 passengers for 11/12 hours so can get it away twice a day.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eoinsheehy

I've really only just started Airline Manager and I've sold my Boeing 737-800 and a few other small planes and have brought 5 DC-9-21's.

Good Idea?

Also here is my route map (pityful I know :( )
    http://server117.server.activewebs.dk/am/route_graph_in_air.php?uid=100000493514017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Coyote

El Coyote Airline

Coyote’s guide to Airline Manager
    I started 12 days ago sold all the shares in my airline 10 days ago for 18p they are now worth €5.41
    I have 270mill in the bank and 150mill of fuel.I have not grown as
    fast as I could have as I was not online and did not bother to buy planes some days.

I will be posting up a spreadsheet I did up on day two; I would ask that it is not posted on other board.
    I did it up for myself and don’t mind sharing with boards.ie but would prefer it’s only there.

I have a different thought on how to grow your airline
    This will need you to be online 5 times a day about every 3 hours for 10min.

First the ROI (return on investment) is the most important thing
    It’s how long that plane will take to buy the same model, and how fast your airline can grow.

Starting out
    Day 1
    Sell the Boeing you get at the start and buy 25+ ATR 42-500
    Every time you launch your planes (every 3 hours or so) use the cash to buy more ATR 42-500 till you have about 100-150.
    It can take as little as 3 days to get 150 which will make profits of over 25mill a day after costs (crew/fuel/airport tax)
    Profit per day €25mill

Day 4
    Next buy 20+ Vicker Vanguard
    Every time you launch use the cash to buy more Vicker Vanguard till you have about 150. this can take as little as 3 days
    Profit per day €135mill

Day 8
    Start buying either the DC-10-10 or the II-86
    The DC-10-10 costs less but you’re spending time creating routes and will have to remove ATR 42-500 after you get to 400 planes.
    The II-86 is more profitable but costs more and your ROI will be longer but you will be making close to 170mill a day profit so
    you can buy about 16 on day one and 20 day two and day 4 24 more II-86
    Profit per day 280+mill

If you have questions about the spreadsheet I will try to help
    sheet one two and three are the same with diff planes setup
    sheet 4 has a list of all Airbus and Boeing planes and how good or bad they are for buying

If you liked this post please use the thank you button and leave a thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jrwings

Has anyone tried out the catering?
    I have 23 flights and wonder would it be worth it.
    Also which meal choice is best, the cheapest or most expensive.

Thanks
    JR

jrwings wrote: »
    Has anyone tried out the catering?
    I have 23 flights and wonder would it be worth it.
    Don't bother until you have a lot more routes. The dearest choice has a minimum spend of 15000 meals. I didn't sell that many in 14 hours until I had over 100 routes.

It isn't really a great return on your money though (dearest is $22 and sells at $26 so that perhaps $80K profit for me)and doesn't seem to increase your chance of getting any pax points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭hick

and doesn't seem to increase your chance of getting any pax points.

agree, if you have the routes it's slightly more interesting to add it, but use it to early and it will cost you, you need to see how much time you've got to sell and think about how many time you will get to launch a day.

the big thing about was it was suppose to increase Pax points, which I can assure you it doesn't...fockers :rolleyes:
    reckon the only way to get them quickly is to buy them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

As requested by many users, you will now see a countdown on the fuel page, that indicates when the prices may change. Buying in the last second may cause the price to change in the process.
    New change to the fuel purchasing so that you shouldn't get caught out with the price changing between you opening up the fuel page and actually hitting the button to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

100% Reputation :D

Took a while to get there mind. Maybe I should leave running an airline to Mick!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The reputation seems to take a hit everytime there is an repair needed to one of my planes, takes a while to get it back up to 100% again after that.

I've now got my first 747-100, and I seemed to get another two lots of 5 PAX points today as well. :D

Have added another 20 B707s to my fleet today and am pulling in about $50 mill a day from my mix of 145 short, medium and long haul flights alll flying a few times a day.

keep meaning to buy a B747 but wanna get a route from Dublin to every country in the world first and am well on the way :)

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1424898799

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You know Dublin must be one of the busiest airports in the world. Heres my current route map!

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=729064545

miju wrote: »
    ..................... am pulling in about $50 mill a day from my mix of 145 short, medium and long haul flights..........

...........wanna get a route from Dublin to every country in the world first and am well on the way :)
    I must say thats a noble goal to aim for.

Currently have 232 routes. Just launched 230 of them(was offline for a bit), $175M into the bank. About 160 of those routes will be launched twice a day.
    smccarrick wrote: »
    You know Dublin must be one of the busiest airports in the world. Heres my current route map!
    Thinks demand for DUB must be dropping like a big rock. Theres at least 20 airlines on here that use DUB as their hub, all aiming to have 100 flights out of there.

Thinks demand for DUB must be dropping like a big rock. Theres at least 20 airlines on here that use DUB as their hub, all aiming to have 100 flights out of there.
    The incoming demand for DUB is at 93%. I don't think the people flying back on our return flights have any effect on the demand numbers.

I must say thats a noble goal to aim for.

I figured may as well do it from Dublin as I'll end up doing it eventually anyways , about 70% of the way there already :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

RangeAir Inverstor Update

Once again, congratulations to those whose bought shares in RA early on, your shares are now worth more than five times the price you bought at and rising steadily (it's not too late to top up or buy a new bundle).

RAgraph.png

Our fleet as of this morning;
    B737-800 1
    BAe146 1
    B757-200 1
    A321-200 18
    B787-8 6
    Superjet 100-95 1
    B757-300 1
    A340-200 2
    B767-200 4
    DHC-8-Q300 1
    DC-3 1

As routes decline in revenue some of our older fleet stock will be sold off to be replaced by a mixture of medium and long range aircraft.

RA has opened a new hub in Cape Town and this has yielded excellent returns. We are currently exploring options with Sao Tome and Male as well as a number of other exciting destinations.

RARoute.gif

Remember, invest in RangeAir today!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Rolo Air are expanding in a big way.

Going to buy a further four B757-200 today to bring my medium haul fleet up, and then we are going to start investing in the B747-8 (I reckon I should have five of them within a week).
    379,000,000lbs of fuel in the tank.

Shares currently just under $7.00 each, get in quick.

98650.jpg

98651.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Realy pity you can't sell fuel as well as buy it. Currently have $200,000,000 worth of fuel in the tank :D

At $6.43 now, bought my first 747 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Hey guys,

How does one chose a hub.

Ps share price is moving quiet nicely since finding this thread.

Good opportunity to get in at a good price.

FARRELL AIR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Coyote

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

How does one chose a hub.

Ps share price is moving quiet nicely since finding this thread.

Good opportunity to get in at a good price.

FARRELL AIR

just bought a 100,000 shares so start working hard :)

go to overview and then click on profile on the left. you can set your hub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

iv bought few shares too,

if anyone fancys investment in hows things airlines, il be buying plane 2moro morning which will see a big share price rise.

manafana wrote: »
    iv bought few shares too,

if anyone fancys investment in hows things airlines, il be buying plane 2moro morning which will see a big share price rise.

Whats your company called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eoinsheehy

Fuel at $400:D

Regards,
    MiniKegg Airlines

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

sorry meant say im hows things airlines, still good time buy i have bought new plane, but i have also stocked up on fuel, so profits will be come back in now today from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I just spent 100 mil on fuel, I now have 300 mil lbs of fuel in the tanks so it will keep me going for a while.

My shares were at €9.97 but have taken a severe hit and fell back to 8.94.

• Advertisement

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I just spent 100 mil on fuel, I now have 300 mil lbs of fuel in the tanks so it will keep me going for a while.

My shares were at €9.97 but have taken a severe hit and fell back to 8.94.

Company name?

Advertisement