Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

ormond lad wrote: »
    Shannon RFC preview

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭muscleshirt

Wednesday
    any word on how the schools A screening went?
    some guys from west munster never heard about it this time

any word on how the schools A screening went?
    some guys from west munster never heard about it this time
    Think they played a couple of short matches between whoever was there. presume theyll cut the squad down now
    If they didnt hear about it its their club/schools fault all development officers etc were told about it

Shannon-St Marys won the Munster u19s final today played in CIT today beating Bandon in a very good game on a scoreline of 8-6
    Great game played at great tempo with a great atmosphere
    Only things to complain about were the lack of neutral touch judges and an independent 4th official and the lack of a decent programme similar to what is at the senior schools finals

• Advertisement

Shannon-St Marys won the Munster u19s final today played in CIT today beating Bandon in a very good game on a scoreline of 8-6
    Only things to complain about were the lack of neutral touch judges and an independent 4th official and the lack of a decent programme similar to what is at the senior schools finals
    match programme was a joke,ref was very average,also this year never gave kit bags to the club finalists teams only to the schools ,,bit mean...

match programme was a joke,ref was very average,also this year never gave kit bags to the club finalists teams only to the schools ,,bit mean...
    At least their was a programme. ref wasnt too bad, not having neutral assistant refs was bigger problem.
    Wouldnt be surprised if the teams still get gearbags, are you involved with shannon? If you are contact the munster youths committee and find out about the gear bags

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

At least their was a programme. ref wasnt too bad, not having neutral assistant refs was bigger problem.
    Wouldnt be surprised if the teams still get gearbags, are you involved with shannon? If you are contact the munster youths committee and find out about the gear bags

The thing is, the MAR only assigned the ref and no touch judges for it. Had a look at who was down for it and he's hit and miss all season from what I've heard.

kensutz wrote: »
    The thing is, the MAR only assigned the ref and no touch judges for it. Had a look at who was down for it and he's hit and miss all season from what I've heard.
    Thats a joke. One of the premier underage finals of the year and only a ref assigned to game, it wouldnt be let happen to the schools.

Best of luck to Shannon in the all ireland. Would be nice for a 19s all ireland to go back to Munster, hasnt been many munster champs at 18s/19s level the past few years apart from Highfield in 08/09

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's one of the reasons why I'm leaving Munster for Leinster next year. Some of the decisions and appointments have been baffling.

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    It's one of the reasons why I'm leaving Munster for Leinster next year. Some of the decisions and appointments have been baffling.
    Shame to be losing you. Yes they have, too many decisions being decided by too few that will mainly benefit a small minority

Match Report http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/10284.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Connacht final will be played between Monivea and Westport. Corinthians beat Creggs 25-3 in a quarter final of the plate and will play Galwegians in the semi final. Not sure who are in the other sides of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 clubrug

Clonmel and Waterpark are playing East munster U19 cup final saturday, both getting to the final without playing a game, as both received walkovers to the final, other sides not being able to put teams together. Wonder what can be put in place to stop this repeating, most clubs in East fear for next year at this age level!
    Not a happy reflection in a division that rugby has grown and been particularly strong enough in recent times.

clubrug wrote: »
    Clonmel and Waterpark are playing East munster U19 cup final saturday, both getting to the final without playing a game, as both received walkovers to the final, other sides not being able to put teams together. Wonder what can be put in place to stop this repeating, most clubs in East fear for next year at this age level!
    Not a happy reflection in a division that rugby has grown and been particularly strong enough in recent times.
    Nenagh have had players involved in 1st team and 2nds in recent weeks and have struggled to field at 19s once those players were called up
    Things should be better next season i believe, in terms of competition structure. Not as many players away at college in Nenaghs case.
    In My Opinion the League should go to Pan Munster straight away with the best teams in the province playing each other more often with several divisions made up based on teams strength and ability
    For example the top 16-20 clubs should be split into 2 groups of 8-10 and play at least 7 games. The top 4 go into semis and final.
    The next strongest 16 clubs or so do the same and the next level of clubs do the same
    Regional leagues and cups can still be played throughout the season

clubrug wrote: »
    age group to go back 16-18-20
    will that make a difference?

age group to go back 16-18-20
    will that make a difference?
    That hasnt been decided yet, has it?
    If it does, what way will the age groups be made up next year?
    This year 21s was 91s and 92s, 19s was 93s and 94s and 17s was 95s and 96s
    A change could mean some kids lose out on a year of underage rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

South Munster Cup semi final on Saturday
    Clonakilty vrs Highfield. Highfield somehow managed to beat Clon in the Pan Munster but Clon will feel they left it behind them that day. Highfield were missing a few and I think they have a few with injuries at the moment but should be another cracker in Clon, kick off at 11am as far as I know

Catalpa1 wrote: »
    South Munster Cup semi final on Saturday
    Clonakilty vrs Highfield. Highfield somehow managed to beat Clon in the Pan Munster but Clon will feel they left it behind them that day. Highfield were missing a few and I think they have a few with injuries at the moment but should be another cracker in Clon, kick off at 11am as far as I know
    Kick off is at 11 according to referees website

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Nenagh have had players involved in 1st team and 2nds in recent weeks and have struggled to field at 19s once those players were called up
    Things should be better next season i believe, in terms of competition structure. Not as many players away at college in Nenaghs case.
    In My Opinion the League should go to Pan Munster straight away with the best teams in the province playing each other more often with several divisions made up based on teams strength and ability
    For example the top 16-20 clubs should be split into 2 groups of 8-10 and play at least 7 games. The top 4 go into semis and final.
    The next strongest 16 clubs or so do the same and the next level of clubs do the same
    Regional leagues and cups can still be played throughout the season

That is a good idea. There are so many pointless 40+ point wins in the regional leagues. Picking which teams to compete would be more difficult though. Picking on previous season wouldn't be fair as quality of teams vary greatly between years

• Advertisement

KJY wrote: »
    That is a good idea. There are so many pointless 40+ point wins in the regional leagues. Picking which teams to compete would be more difficult though. Picking on previous season wouldn't be fair as quality of teams vary greatly between years
    I know its difficult enough to judge teams as players vary each year and all that but in most cases you will know which teams are going to be the stongest for example Waterpark, Shannon, Highfield, etc
    If club teams play more games against teams of their own standard things should improve especially if the top teams are playing the best teams week in week out

If the pools are picked correctly it would be fantastic

u19 all ireland semis scheduled for 21/22 April with
    Shannon-St Marys v Monivea and Malone v Gorey
    Final scheduled for following weekend

u17
    Bruff v Westport
    Navan v Banbridge
    Games scheduled for same weekend as 19s

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭specttator

Thanks for this info. do you know if these u17 matches are to be played at neutral venues?

Well neutral for 'Park and 'Wegians last year was the Sportsground

specttator wrote: »
    Thanks for this info. do you know if these u17 matches are to be played at neutral venues?
    normally the all irelands are played at neutral venues

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Hey ive a random question and i thought this thread was the most fitting that i could find!

Theres been a bit of hype about this Harrison Brewer kid from Terenure and i noticed that he's playing at 12 for the Irish U18 schools side. I thought he was a no. 8 no?

I know its random but i just thought it was strange that a player with so much potential as a forward is being switched to being a back??

RoundBox11 wrote: »
    Hey ive a random question and i thought this thread was the most fitting that i could find!

Theres been a bit of hype about this Harrison Brewer kid from Terenure and i noticed that he's playing at 12 for the Irish U18 schools side. I thought he was a no. 8 no?

I know its random but i just thought it was strange that a player with so much potential as a forward is being switched to being a back??
    Best suited to schools thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056366988

He played 8 up the age groups but clearly the terenure coaches this year believe he is better suited to playing 12 at the moment
    Not that strange in him playing 12 dispite his apparant skill in the back row and he will improve as a player by playing a year in the centre in a position different to where he normally players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭mountain

This game off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ormond lad viewpost.gif

This game off.

Yep Clonakilty Highfield U 17 is cancelled, dont know the reason the Highfield lads got a text this even it may be due to the bird flu down in CLon but dont really know

Advertisement