Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Guys, if we were lucky enough to get a question on the character of Hamlet himself, would this layout be ok?
    • Introduction- Quote
    • Discuss his Disillusionment
    • Discuss his Cruelty
    • Discuss his Conscience
    • Discuss his finer qualities as seen towards the end of the play
    • Conclusion - Quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

finality wrote: »
    It's how they belong.

:L

Agreed! As soon as I saw your post I was like noooo why didn't I order mine like that they make no sense as they are! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Just finished a 2 A4 page applied maths question, all letters, feckall numbers, and at the end everything just magically cancelled each other out... nothing beats the feeling! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Lol why do you envy the intrapersonal learners?

Well being an intrapersonal person in itself isn't usually a great thing but as far as learning goes I'd love to be able to just sit down in a quiet room by myself and learn. I do much better in the company of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Eathrin wrote: »
    Well being an intrapersonal person in itself isn't usually a great thing but as far as learning goes I'd love to be able to just sit down in a quiet room by myself and learn. I do much better in the company of others.

Oh yeah true. Must be why you work better in school too. You'd probably be really good at the group work or presentations that you'll probably get in some university courses and the intrapersonal wouldn't be as good as that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Intrapersonal 94%
    Linguistic 83%
    Logical-Mathematical 75%
    Musical 69%
    Visual-Spatial 58%
    Interpersonal 56%
    Bodily-Kinesthetic 50%
    Naturalistic 50%
    So intrapersonal, Linguistic and Logical :O

In other news, school vs going to library ? I dont know anymore, my original plan was to keep going into school but tbh its turning into a joke :( I'm only going in for maths, german , biz and economics right now :( and I was working really well in the library today :O most productive i've been in a long time, and i think right now I need to just learn my stuff but at the same time i'll miss tricks in school and stuff.
    anyone any advice ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Linguistic - 75%
    Logical-Mathematical - 69%
    Interpersonal - 69%
    Intrapersonal - 63%
    Musical - 63%
    Visual-Spatial - 50%
    Naturalist - 42%
    Body-Kinesthetic - 24%

That sounds about right! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Intrapersonal 94%
    Linguistic 83%
    Logical-Mathematical 75%
    Musical 69%
    Visual-Spatial 58%
    Interpersonal 56%
    Bodily-Kinesthetic 50%
    Naturalistic 50%
    So intrapersonal, Linguistic and Logical :O

In other news, school vs going to library ? I dont know anymore, my original plan was to keep going into school but tbh its turning into a joke :( I'm only going in for maths, german , biz and economics right now :( and I was working really well in the library today :O most productive i've been in a long time, and i think right now I need to just learn my stuff but at the same time i'll miss tricks in school and stuff.
    anyone any advice ? :(

I'm in a similar situation I'm not sure whether to stop going in completely or only go in for English as we're doing paper 1 now. I'm usually okay with paper 1 most of the time . I'm studying at home but Saturdays at the library as it's impossible to study on Saturdays otherwise. I'd go in for maths too but the subjects are far part maths is the morning and english is the afternoon the majority of the time. I've kind of abandoned maths and just having grinds once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Linguistic - 100%
    Logical-Mathematical - 100%
    Visual-Spatial - 100%
    Intrapersonal - 100%
    Interpersonal - 100%
    Musical - 100%
    Bodiliy-Kinesthetic - 100%
    Naturalistic - 100%

Sounds about right! Don't think percentages are able to realistically cater for measuring ability in this case.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

WE'VE MISSED YOU.

• Advertisement

OMG REZZY YOU'RE BACK!! :eek: <3

One week bans are for the mentally inferior. Perma bans are for legends.

Sadly I got a one week ban.
    Dang dawg.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Amateur. :rolleyes:

I'll recuperate superiority in the leaving cert surely! My reputation shan't be tarnished nor thwarted in such a shameful manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Lads I can't write poetry essays for the life of me :'(

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Lads I can't write poetry essays for the life of me :'(

Honestly my favourite type of English essay, in fact, I don't like anything else!

The first essay I wrote since the JC was in my mocks.. I just don't have the patience to sit down and write one :o

Wesc. wrote: »
    The first essay I wrote since the JC was in my mocks.. I just don't have the patience to sit down and write one :o

You don't do summer/Christmas exams?

You don't do summer/Christmas exams?

Our Christmas and summer exams lasted 2 hours for English, so the composition section wasn't on it, mainly paper 2 and/or a comprehension.
    Also, I have quite possibly the worst English teacher in the country, we started paper 1 after the mocks.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Our Christmas and summer exams lasted 2 hours for English, so the composition section wasn't on it, mainly paper 2 and/or a comprehension.
    Also, I have quite possibly the worst English teacher in the country, we started paper 1 after the mocks.:mad:

we started paper 1 today :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Honestly my favourite type of English essay, in fact, I don't like anything else!

Lucky, I'm so jealous :( I always go into a big summary of the poems. I can never 'delve deeper into the poets thought' or whatever bull they want us to do :L I can do paper 1 no bother, sarcastic articles are my thing. But ask me to seriously analyse something and I nearly die!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

The temptation I have to ask the mods for a ban isn't funny... :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm considering taking days off school to do study. I came home this evening and delved straight into study. I got this done, which isn't too bad but it's not a huge amount when the Leaving is in 4 weeks:
    • 2 French Essays (A Q.1 and a Journal Entry)
    • 1 Year of Economics Shorts
    • Imperfect Competition
    • Learnt about Hamlet' character and did an essay about it

Like with a couple of extra hours I could get so much more done.

Anyway, does anyone know how long the single text answers are supposed to be? I did 5.5 pages on Hamlet's Character but the actual stuff I wrote doesn't really gel or something :confused: The last GV+V essay I did last week got like 66/70 and it seemed just as disjointed as the Hamlet essay I just did, maybe it's a good sign? :P or not!

Oh right, composition essays. I think we were given one at the start of 5th year, one during the mock and I'm almost certain I did one other during these past two years. Still 3 general essays max is not good practice, considering it,s a big marks getter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Anyone else finding it really hard to get all your study in for the day?? :/
    I find myself not giving all my subjects equal amounts of focus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

David1994 wrote: »
    Anyone else finding it really hard to get all your study in for the day?? :/
    I find myself not giving all my subjects equal amounts of focus :(

This, so much. I could spend a whole evening just studying one small topic in one subject. I need more than 4 weeks :-|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Anyone still to finish the maths course ? Like its gettin beyond a joke like couple weeks to go and no revision yet :(

My thoughts ten minutes ago: Okay it's time you gave Boards a break. It's too distracting... Alright, I'll ask for a ban on Wednesday. Be grand... :cool:

My thoughts now: But Wednesday's... Tomorrow. :(

No idea how long of a ban I'm asking for,* but tomorrow, I am asking for a ban. Wish me luck. *Gulps*

*Suggestions for any ban length between now and June 6th are welcome. :P

I thought of that, but I'll end up spending as much time floating around the threads as I do posting these days.
    Cold turkey is not a solution, moderation is key. I am yet to find moderation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Togepi wrote: »
    *Suggestions for any ban length between now and June 6th are welcome. :P

Until June 6th :P That would be the most effective ban time but sadly also the least likeable amount for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement