Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Place to Buy Tile Adhesive and Grouting

• 15-08-2006 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Where is the cheapest place (in Cork) to buy floor adhesive and grouting for tiles?

B&Q, Woodies, Right Price Tiles, Tubs & Tiles, 023 Tiles, etc....

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Anyone!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

trotter. I'd like to know this too. The only advice I seem able to get is that it is usually cheaper in a builders providers and not somewhere that sells tiles. The tiles places make most of their profit on the glue and grout. [I've no idea if this is actually true, blame my little brother if it's not!]

trotter. I'd like to know this too. The only advice I seem able to get is that it is usually cheaper in a builders providers and not somewhere that sells tiles. The tiles places make most of their profit on the glue and grout. [I've no idea if this is actually true, blame my little brother if it's not!]

I'd say you wouldnt be far wrong...

I've been doing some tiling myself, for a large bucket of ready mix wall adhesive B & Q were charging €35, a tile shop in Cork was charing €55, I got the same size bucket of it in Cork Builders Supplies in Togher for €16!! Was a different brand but the quality was the same, if not better!

Im getting some guys in to do my hall and kitchen, they want me to get the adhesive and grouting myself, I'll be buying about 50 square yards of it so even a small difference in price will make a difference!

Anyone any advice?

Hey guys, thanks for ALL the replies...

In case anyone comes across this thread again, the cheapest places in Cork for tile and grout, based on 50 square yards of each is..... cheapest first....

1. Macroom Hardwood Flooring and Tiles
    2. Whites Tiles, Clonakilty
    3. Right Price Tiles, Ballincollig and City Centre
    4. Tubs and Tiles

I think it pays to go to your local small tile store instead of the bigger shops, 023 tiles price was almost double the price of Macroom Flooring and Tiles, for the same brand adhesive and grout. I only rang the 2 shops in Macroom and Clonakilty because they were the closest to me.

One more point...

The small local stores all said they would take any bags that I didnt use back... Right Price Tiles, Tubs and Tiles and 023 tiles all said that they wouldnt take any unused bags back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 buttonstipp1

Buying tiles last week in RPT Waterford.
    Adhesive 20kg -25 Euro per bag, grout 5kg -20 Euro per bag.
    They don't itemise the bill (they just give you a total price) so you have to ask how much each item costs.
    Decided to go to heiton buckley for quote - was amazed,
    Adhesive 20kg -15 Euro per bag, grout 5kg -9 Euro per bag. Moral of the story - shop around for Adhesive & grout.:)

Advertisement