Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Ah for feck sake Seamus was second favourite character, two of them gone now lee as well. They better get some new guy who likes poitin and wears his hat backwards!

Had you not heard that the actor who played him passed away during the summer? :( They only had 4 episodes recorded at that point, it's just really unfortunate that those were funeral scenes - I'm sure they wouldn't have chosen to have two character deaths so close together and I guess that's why they didn't really explain his absence immediately. I just really hope they do Seamus justice whenever they do his final storyline, it's not the same without him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

Had you not heard that the actor who played him passed away during the summer? :( They only had 4 episodes recorded at that point, it's just really unfortunate that those were funeral scenes - I'm sure they wouldn't have chosen to have two character deaths so close together and I guess that's why they didn't really explain his absence immediately. I just really hope they do Seamus justice whenever they do his final storyline, it's not the same without him :(

No, it isn't, it really isn't. I miss his comic relief.

On another note, it's nice to see that Imelda had her wild days wayyy back when and it's good too see that Laishose knew somebody in the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ah that's terrible. I thought Diarmuid Mac An Adhastair was a great actor, had great bits of humour in the way he played the character.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Felt like we were missing an episode before that one!

I thought the same.
    I record the repeat on Sunday night's, just catching up now and thought there was a mistake in the recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Ros na Run came back with such a bang and yet I feel it's kinda lost it already. I had hoped we would be rid of Peigi this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

Was Diarmuid's last appearance in Tigh Tadhg on the day of the funeral? It would be a shame if those were his last scenes as they were so small and inconsequential (I don't think that he even spoke), they certainly didn't give him the final farewell that both him and his character deserved. (Now, obviously, I'm not blaming the writers for this as they couldn't possibly have known - just saying that it's a shame is all....)

Also, what the hell is up with Tadhg???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

BandMember wrote: »
    Was Diarmuid's last appearance in Tigh Tadhg on the day of the funeral? It would be a shame if those were his last scenes as they were so small and inconsequential (I don't think that he even spoke), they certainly didn't give him the final farewell that both him and his character deserved. (Now, obviously, I'm not blaming the writers for this as they couldn't possibly have known - just saying that it's a shame is all....)

He only had a couple of lines at the end of the episode, but what he said was actually really poignant and apt, because he was talking about life and death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Also, what the hell is up with Tadhg???

They'll give him a proper send-off further down the line. They're still mentioning him in the episodes and he's still in the opening sequence, so they'll probably have a funeral for the character eventually (it would be pretty heavy to have two funerals within a week of each other and they probably want time to get it right). I hope so anyway. And as AlsoStarringLeVarBurton said, his 2 lines in that episode were about someone being in heaven looking down over their friends and family, which nearly made me cry!

As for Tadhg: post-traumatic stress from being the coffin? Not that he'd ever admit it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

He only had a couple of lines at the end of the episode, but what he said was actually really poignant and apt, because he was talking about life and death.

How did I miss that?? :o I'll have to go back and rewatch that episode....

They'll give him a proper send-off further down the line. They're still mentioning him in the episodes and he's still in the opening sequence, so they'll probably have a funeral for the character eventually (it would be pretty heavy to have two funerals within a week of each other and they probably want time to get it right). I hope so anyway. And as AlsoStarringLeVarBurton said, his 2 lines in that episode were about someone being in heaven looking down over their friends and family, which nearly made me cry!

As for Tadhg: post-traumatic stress from being the coffin? Not that he'd ever admit it...

Yeah, I was thinking that was the problem with Tadhg alright. As long term viewers of the show will know only too well, when Tadhgeen is under pressure, bad things happen so I reckon that there will be a few storylines springing out of this..... ;)

Really can't stand Peigi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Really can't stand Peigi

Likewise. She'll drive me to drink if she's in it must longer.

Ah poor Niamh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

How did I miss that?? :o I'll have to go back and rewatch that episode....

Yeah, I was thinking that was the problem with Tadhg alright. As long term viewers of the show will know only too well, when Tadhgeen is under pressure, bad things happen so I reckon that there will be a few storylines springing out of this..... ;)

I really don't like what they are doing now with Aine beag... she is becoming a mini-Tadhg. She is a good little actress playing the devious role but I don't like the storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

No nomination for Ros Na Run at IFTA best Soap will only see Fair City and Red Rock battle it out.

Elmo wrote: »
    No nomination for Ros Na Run at IFTA best Soap will only see Fair City and Red Rock battle it out.

What?? That's crazy! It's much better!

What?? That's crazy! It's much better!

Well they completely missed ros na run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The IFTAs are a joke anyway.

And if Fair City beats Red Rock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Ros na Run always gets forgotten, when red rock was launching back in January everyone was saying it was the first new Irish soap for 26 years.

The IFTAs are a joke anyway.

And if Fair City beats Red Rock...

TBH even if Red Rock was worse than Fair City I imagine it'd win.

Ireland AM is up for Entertainment! why not other TV3 shows like GIBO or The restaurant?

Oh yeah the IFTAs are a joke. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Ros na Run always gets forgotten, when red rock was launching back in January everyone was saying it was the first new Irish soap for 26 years.

Pure ignorance that is. Shocking.

• Advertisement

Where is Evan these days?

Where is Evan these days?

That's what I was thinking where the heck is he? stuck in a bog?

But things with Adam are heating up, looks like the **** will hit the fan.

That's what I was thinking where the heck is he? stuck in a bog?

But things with Adam are heating up, looks like the **** will hit the fan.

Maybe he is wherever Grainne is!!

Maybe he is wherever Grainne is!!

Both he and Grainne are out in the bog making-out with sidhe by the wishing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Want to see Imeda getting rough with that brat Adam. I'm sure that she has a few tricks up her sleeve.

Labhrás drives me mad, that story is so pointless, wish they would hurry up and move on from it.

Who do we think Imelda was ringing??

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

niamhs dad i'd guess but bit sure really?

ms.c wrote: »
    niamhs dad i'd guess but bit sure really?

Looks like it.

I can't stand Bobbi Lee!

• Advertisement

Looks like it.

I can't stand Bobbi Lee!

Or Pegi I wish she would die already.

Advertisement