Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ares fn fal or king arms fn fal?

• 09-05-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭

As asked above also where can i get mid/low caps for them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

RedWolf have them here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

thank you. now just need to know what fal is better build qaulity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

personally the finish is nicer on the ares/star slr but the unique parts use for its gearbox and hop up are a pain, fortunately spare are becoming easier to get hold of these days so not such a problem as it used to be, only the full length slr is avaliable

kings arms fal is simple matt finish gears box is standard v3 afare with g36 style hop up unit easy to get parts, a number of versions of the fal are avaliable

used and worked on both, kings arms far easier to work on but ares slr wins due to markings and finish for me, so take your pick :)

thanks pudding i should have been clearer looking for the sfull length havent held the king arms yet but i like the weight and feel from the ares

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

couple of pictures of my fathers, m120 short shaft psg1 + 6.03 inner barrel and guarder bucking

DSC_44520001.jpg
    DSC_44560001.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Hi m8,

I've got the Star/Ares L1-A1, the King Arms FAL, and the
    King arms L1-A1. Also I'm currently waiting on Eirsoft to get me an Classic Army SA-58 but seems to be difficult to
    get one in stock.

The Star/Ares has the best overall quality. The fire selector switch is shaped so it cannot physically be moved from single fire to full auto (unless you open the body of the gun via the body locking lever) you can buy an after market selector switch to remedy this or take the existing one off and cut a bit off of it.
    My Star L1A1 never worked right from day one and I never got it fixed. The trigger uses microswitches I think and it has an issue of not fireing at all, and twiddleing with the switch sometimes make it fire for a while before going dead. It is by far the best Looking gun from a finish point of view.

The King arms L1-A1 quality of build is also great. its got electric blow back too. the over all finish is more of a matt black than the star/ares version.

The King arms FAL series has the worst finish the stock looks cheap and nasty, the Top cover looks like a greenish black colour but whatever motor is in it is brilliant and the rate of fire is awesome.

The classic army sa58 is another option (if you can get one) it has 3 variants and they feature a toprail so you can mount a scope. The others you can get an after market top rail that replaces the top cover but the fit is rubbish and it wobbles.

The Star/Ares magazines are not compatabile with any other brand of FAL/L1-A1

The King Arms L1-A1 and their FAL magazines are not compatible with each other.

The Classic Army SA58/Fal magazines are not compatible with other brands.

If you want something to Skirmish with the FAL and L1A1
    are a little Long to be running around the place with.
    something like the carbine versions rather than the L1A1 full length may be better suited. I Skirmished with the L1A1 and as much as I loved it, it was very awquard when running about the place and crouching in a forrest or behind cover etc.

I've got pics of mine here:
    http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w70/bullets_ie/star-l1a1/

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w70/bullets_ie/airsoft/kingarms-l1a1/

sorry the king arms one pics are buried somewhere in here:
    http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w70/bullets_ie/airsoft/?start=all

~B

thanks bullets its nice to see the camparison to the 2 guns. helps to decide too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

andy_g wrote: »
    thanks bullets its nice to see the camparison to the 2 guns. helps to decide too :)

If you want something for the collection
    then the Ares one is the one to go for
    you wont be disapointed if your a FAL fan!
    you will drool! :)

If you want something to skirmish with maybe one
    of the other ones is better suited.

My favourite is the Ares but
    My Ideal one for skirmishing with would be the CA SA-58 carbine version but with a foldable stock instead of fixed.

If you skirmish you will need to pick up a vest/rig that will
    fit M14 mags, cos the ones that fit M4 mags are a very tight squeeze! (or get old Irish webbing)

~B

im trying to pick up a set of the old webbing at the moment but for a loadout im looking to do need to get the long fal. and have my heart set on it :( mrs will shoot me me thinks but feck it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

im trying to pick up a set of the old webbing at the moment but for a loadout im looking to do need to get the long fal. and have my heart set on it :( mrs will shoot me me thinks but feck it lol

i can look into getting you a set at the curragh show this weekend!

• Advertisement

theres a show on this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

theres a show on this weekend?

Military Show in the Curragh (think at the racecourse).

Havent been at it before but going this year. On Sunday (16th) - not sure about the Saturday.

Thermo is checking the days out for me.

Usually some interesting bits at them...

http://www.kildare.ie/events/typedetails.asp?EventID=4193

hmmm well if im not workin im there and then a day skirmishing

Advertisement