Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrubs - Season 9 (US) [**Spoilers**]

• 13-11-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭

Scrubs Season 9
    The all new season of Scrubs will kick off with two brand new episode:

901 - Our First Day of School
    902 - Our Drunk Friend
    Can't wait, been watching by seaosn dvd's again lately so really looking forward to this.

Note:
    Please no arguments about it used to be better or it will be crap without Braff.
    Unless you have something constructive to say or if you actually have a genuine and relevant point, then don't post anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Scrubs Season 9
    Can't wait, been watching by seaosn dvd's again lately so really looking forward to this.

Note:
    Please no arguments about it used to be better or it will be crap without Braff.
    Unless you have something constructive to say or if you actually have a genuine and relevant point, then don't post anything.

So unless we think it's going to be great then we're not allowed post? Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

amacachi wrote: »
    So unless we think it's going to be great then we're not allowed post? Nice.

No, if you have a good reaosn why you don't like it then post, but no one line hate statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

it will be crap without Braff the Janitor.

It's true and you know it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

who are the new guys going to be in it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it'll be crap without elliot being drilled in all holes by a travelling band of gymnastic midgets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No, if you have a good reaosn why you don't like it then post, but no one line hate statements.

It was rubbish for at least 3 seasons, the last season redeemed it a little bit, but it's not Scrubs now, simple as that. This sentence is to make sure this post takes up more than one line.

there is noting going to wrong with it what do peaple think there going to get from free tv

showmered wrote: »
    there is noting going to wrong with it what do peaple think there going to get from free tv
    You got a free TV? where?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

So with Braff gone, what way does the show work now, considering he was the narrator all along?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I like the way they changed the episode names from "My......" to "Our.....". I'll give it a go but wont expect much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

So who is missing from the new series just JD or more?

JD, Elliot and Dr. Kelso will be making guest appearances only. Turk and Dr. Cox are full time I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Last I heard of the concept it was Cox and Turk working on the teaching side of things. If this is still how it's going to be I'm intrigued. It changes the formula enough that the regulars won't be missed and also, Cox really IS Scrubs IMO so I'm happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

It was a great great show in the early days. Been fading away and on life support for the last 3 seasons. Now Code blue. About to apply the last jolt to see if the heart restarts. Clear! Hope is slim, but you never know..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

This will be like what The Tortellis was to Cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Who knows, maybe it will be brilliant. I'm sure some people were skeptical about Fraiser after Cheer's finished. Season 8 of Scrubs was pretty good actually, and a definite improvement over the previous 3 seasons.

And i'm not actually comparing Fraiser to Scrubs there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

NOBODY CARES about stupid ass Scrubs, show should have ended 5 seasons back....stupid ass.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

NOBODY CARES about stupid ass Scrubs, show should have ended 5 seasons back....stupid ass.
    Go back to watching Vampire Diaries already :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I hear Gossip Girl has just started, run along and watch it.

There are two videos of the nes season on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/scrubs?v=app_2392950137

Appears to be very Meh, but I'll give it a go. I see James Francos brother is in it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 allinorfold

RTE finished season 8 ages ago while the UK are only as far as the Janitors wedding which is pretty strange!!

When and where can we view season 9 does anyone know? I know 1st Dec is release date in US.

Dman001 wrote: »
    It looks like a sereal different show with the same cast, Sacred Heart was a huge part off the show almost a character in itself.

Staying:
    Turk
    Dr. Cox
    J.D (Only first few)
    Denise

Guest Appearances:
    Elliot
    The Janitor
    Ted
    Kelso
    The Todd
    Gooch (Ted's girlfriend)

Leaving:
    Jordan
    Karla
    Doug
    Lloyd

Thinks that everyone besides the smaller roles (Snoop Dog Attending, Dr. Beardface, ect; )

Denise is staying? Ew!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭token56

Lawerence wanted to have the name changed to Scrubs: The Interns, but was not let. It should really be thought of as a new show from scrubs as we knew it, or more like a spin off of it. Its no longer suppost to be about JD and his journey, but with the name not changing and this just considered the next season this point wont really be made, which is a pity. I'm not expecting it to be as good as the old scrubs, but I still think it will be enjoyable.

Why didint they give the Todd a bigger part make him get a gf and kids

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

Dr. Cox: All that is man

What channel are the new episodes on? Comedy Central or RTE or what?

H1tmonlii wrote: »
    Dr. Cox: All that is man

What channel are the new episodes on? Comedy Central or RTE or what?
    No news yet on that I think, would guess that RTE would pick it up as they have done since season 5, re-runs of Father Ted are not gonna improve there Monday nights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Those previews look poor. Will still watch it no doubt as I was a big fan of the old scrubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ok, just saw the first two episodes...

Not sure how I feel yet. Not great, but not awful either...
    The absence of Neil Flynn is obvious, although his cameo was brilliant (probably the best scene of the two episodes). Ken Jenkins was also great in his scenes. I didn't miss Judy Reyes or Sarah Chalke whatsoever, so no loss there. Braff, Faison and McGinley were great as usual. Eliza Coupe was grand although I preferred her last season when she was still an intern herself. Robert Maschio was good as usual, so it'd be nice to see The Todd be kept on for a bit. Michael Mosley as Drew was good - I think his character has a lot of potential, as does Kerry Bishé as Lucy. Dave Franco as Cole however, I just wanted to punch in the face, which is a shame as his brother James Franco is a fantastic actor. I hope Nicky Whelan who plays Maya, the Aussie chick, gets kept on throughout the series because she's hot (and in case anyone was thinking they recognised her from somewhere she played Pepper in Neighbours a couple of years ago).

Honestly though, I think when Braff leaves the show will just crumble. As good as Faison and McGinley are, I don't think they can hold the show together without Braff, but time will tell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Ok, just saw the first two episodes...

Not sure how I feel yet. Not great, but not awful either...
    The absence of Neil Flynn is obvious, although his cameo was brilliant (probably the best scene of the two episodes). Ken Jenkins was also great in his scenes. I didn't miss Judy Reyes or Sarah Chalke whatsoever, so no loss there. Braff, Faison and McGinley were great as usual. Eliza Coupe was grand although I preferred her last season when she was still an intern herself. Robert Maschio was good as usual, so it'd be nice to see The Todd be kept on for a bit. Michael Mosley as Drew was good - I think his character has a lot of potential, as does Kerry Bishé as Lucy. Dave Franco as Cole however, I just wanted to punch in the face, which is a shame as his brother James Franco is a fantastic actor. I hope Nicky Whelan who plays Maya, the Aussie chick, gets kept on throughout the series because she's hot (and in case anyone was thinking they recognised her from somewhere she played Pepper in Neighbours a couple of years ago).

Honestly though, I think when Braff leaves the show will just crumble. As good as Faison and McGinley are, I don't think they can hold the show together without Braff, but time will tell...

Agree with pretty much all of this.

I think it's not different enough to the Scrubs we know and love to be thought of as a completely different show. And I don't think they can just start again like it's Scrubs Mark II. They were able to keep Scrubs going for 8 seasons because we knew the characters so well and had followed them all the way from their first day. Are we now expected to do the same with the new crop?

I'm sure it'll be grand. I'll watch it every week and it'll pass 20 minutes but I don't think I'll be dying to see it the second it airs.

Advertisement