Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(NO CHAT - READ RULES IN FIRST POST!) Bargain Alerts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/10470142/art/ocz/vertex-plus-series-2-5-in.html

49.99 + delivery.

OCZ Vertex Plus Series 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - 60 GB

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

20% off on the CM Storm Gaming Peripherals with the code:

DUTY FREE STORM

http://www.cmstore.eu/peripherals/

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Samsung 128GB 830 Series SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive Desktop Kit

Was €107.46 Now €81.99

http://www.dabs.ie/products/samsung-128gb-830-series-sata-6gb-s-2-5--solid-state-drive-desktop-kit---free-norton-ghost-15-7S2J.html

eamonnq wrote: »
    I will have to sign up so!! Thanks
    Search for 'Samsung 830' in the dabs search box and it comes right up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Search for 'Samsung 830' in the dabs search box and it comes right up.

Don't think finding it is the issue, getting the exclusive discount is :P

Don't think finding it is the issue, getting the exclusive discount is :P
    That's what im talking about......... if you search for Samsung 830 then the €81.99 128GB offer is the 4th one down.

At least it is for me and I never got any email.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

dabs.jpg

Not there for me

ConanRTTG wrote: »
    Me neither!
    Still showing up as €81.99 for me in the 4th entry....but when I checkout it goes to 107.46. Earlier it was checking out at 82 fine. Must have expired and the price is still in my cache thing.

Ah well, sorry to raise your hopes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Dabs VIP Sale Deals are now active and checking out at the right price.

Just got myself a Crucial M4 256gb for €160.

There's also a Samsung 830 128gb for €82

Not sure what else is about but those are very solid prices.

Edit: Looks like you need to be signed up for these and you need to click through the relevant email link. check your email account for VIP Sales. :/

• Advertisement

i5-3570K £153.85 Amazon (free shipping)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007RUZKK6/

Edit - Expired already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just been to my local tesco and picked up 2 Microsoft Curve Keyboards 2000.
    All reduced to €5.50 each.. Yes €5.50 each. I live in Balbriggan so don't know if it's just my store.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Dabs €10/€25/€40 off coupons back up here until the end of July but they usually last a bit longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Sapphire HD7950 Dual-X 3GB (the cool black one which I think uses the HD7970 PCB) for €314.90 on Pixmania.

Score!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭weisses

Eboggles wrote: »
    Sapphire HD7950 Dual-X 3GB (the cool black one which I think uses the HD7970 PCB) for €314.90 on Pixmania.

Score!

Or buy the overclocked version

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/12548727/art/sapphire-technology/radeon-hd-7950-oc-graphic.html

Only a tenner more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

weisses wrote: »

is it worthwhile if you're gonna clock it yourself anyways :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Pdfile wrote: »
    is it worthwhile if you're gonna clock it yourself anyways :confused:
    they generally are able to overclock higher as they get the better chips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

51%2BTC8c2-nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    140mm Xigmatek XLF-F1453 LED Fan - £3.00

Sold by Specialtech and Fulfilled by Amazon. Free delivery for orders in excess of £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fnz wrote: »
    51%2BTC8c2-nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    140mm Xigmatek XLF-F1453 LED Fan - £3.00

Sold by Specialtech and Fulfilled by Amazon. Free delivery for orders in excess of £25.

Most other things dont qualify for free delivery, and thus its £14 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

I hate to backseat mod but this topic has a no chat rule :o. Take it to the discussion topic here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64662533

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭batfastard13

Only possible if you have a friend/relative in the U.S. to ship/bring back to you as AFAIK tigerdirect don't ship outside the U.S. if ordering online!

That being said it's a pretty good deal!

Works out at ~81 euro, which is nearly a saving of 20 euro when compared to dabs.ie or hardwareversand. Not sure if you can get it this cheap anywhere else in Ireland.:confused:

Also only saw this after the extra $10 coupon expired.....sorry :(. Would've worked out at ~73 euro then! :eek:

Not sure how much shipping would be but if you know anyone coming back from America soon, *cough* J1-ers *cough* :D, it would be a pretty nice deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭batfastard13

Only possible if you have a friend/relative in the U.S. to ship/bring back to you as AFAIK tigerdirect don't ship outside the U.S. if ordering online!

Works out at ~81 euro, which is nearly a saving of 20 euro when compared to dabs.ie or hardwareversand. Not sure if you can get it this cheap anywhere else in Ireland.:confused:

Also only saw this after the extra $10 coupon expired.....sorry :(. Would've worked out at ~73 euro then! :eek:

Not sure how much shipping would be but if you know anyone coming back from America soon, *cough* J1-ers *cough* :D, it would be a pretty nice deal!

Unfortunately the deal is now over....now its much better value on dabs/hardwareversand!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

In case this ended up in your spam folder, Logitech is offering €20 off on orders over €100 with the use of the code BTS2012EU at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Better deal here. I might just buy this:) http://www.logicbuy.com/deals/samsung-830-series-128gb-solid-state-drive/38462.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

If you are looking to get a 660ti at the price its suppposed to be istead of the inflated Irish and uk prices, do what I just did.

I bought off caseking.de Their website has a link on the right that makes it mostly english.
    They have most brands but I choose the EVGA SC edition @ 309.90 euro.
    Then I used this code at checkout to get 3% or 9 euro off, code:cafb1f

Then I put in my normal Irish billing address and then changed the shipping address to my Parcel motel one (I still have my free credit there) as Ireland shipping is 35 euro and UK is 13.90.
    Shipping is with GLS, supposed to be 24hrs delivery.
    You can pay by credit card (2 euro charge) or paypal (4 euro charge)
    So price delivered turned out to be 316.50 Euro.

Their 660ti prices start @ 299.90.

Hope this helps someone.
    I am surviving on igpu at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

PC World have a few Video cards on clearance at the moment. Picked up a new Asus 6670 for 59.99 for my second PC, came with a free PC Installation Kit too...nothing mind blowing, but it's a decent case with a mini pliers, screwdrivers, cable ties and an anti-vibration mat.

They also have a GT430 for 49.99, and GTX550Ti's for 119.99...pretty decent prices for bricks and mortar if you're looking for something quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

PC World have a few Video cards on clearance at the moment. Picked up a new Asus 6670 for 59.99 for my second PC, came with a free PC Installation Kit too...nothing mind blowing, but it's a decent case with a mini pliers, screwdrivers, cable ties and an anti-vibration mat.

They also have a GT430 for 49.99, and GTX550Ti's for 119.99...pretty decent prices for bricks and mortar if you're looking for something quick.
    Rather buy a 6850 than the 550ti, poor card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

How much better is the Asus 6670 over the GT430 or is there any difference worth noting? I'm not up to speed with all these different cards, not being a gamer as such they're all just numbers to me really :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes, but the entire point was that the prices are decent for a walk in store. If you walked into Currys/Maplins/Whichever store with a 6850 in mind, you'd probably pay far more than it's worth. For example while I don't think they stock the 6790 or 6850, their 7770 in PC World is priced at 240 euro....which makes the price: performance pretty bad. Some people, for whatever their reason, don't really buy stuff online. The Bricks and Mortar value for money scale is quite different than the online one.

Advertisement